The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Disney Analyst

California has just as hot weather if not hotter...Disney used fabric for their decor!!!! IF it were MY company I would treat every park the same with the same decor and love for attention!
The sun isn’t the issue as much as daily torrential rain, wind, hurricanes, etc.

Fabric bunting would be gross looking almost daily and likely need replacing constantly.

I agree I don’t love the plastic look of the decor so far, but I understand why they did it. It likely costs a lot more then fabric bunting.

Beacon Joe

You questioned whether it would be built. The track is there. The canopy wire/structure is nearly finished. It has not yet been encased of course.

If the entity of a "ride" were solely defined by the status of the "track is there," then I guess we should all rejoice since Mr. Toad's still exists at Disney World.

So does anybody else here know when the Tron ride will be built? Or so as not to confuse anybody with my question, does anybody know the ride's construction actually be complete, beyond laying track and being dried in?

TTA94

I’m glad they are painting again, but it also bothers me that it’s just going to fade again in a year from now. By next Spring when the 50th will be in full swing, it’s going to be all faded again. Once the decorations are up, they are definitely not going to paint again until after the 50th. Is what it is I guess. Wishful thinking they are using a different paint this time that won’t fade as fast.

JoeCamel

If the entity of a "ride" were solely defined by the status of the "track is there," then I guess we should all rejoice since Mr. Toad's still exists at Disney World.

So does anybody else here know when the Tron ride will be built? Or so as not to confuse anybody with my question, does anybody know the ride's construction actually be complete, beyond laying track and being dried in?
They say 2022

lazyboy97o

The sun isn’t the issue as much as daily torrential rain, wind, hurricanes, etc.

Fabric bunting would be gross looking almost daily and likely need replacing constantly.

I agree I don’t love the plastic look of the decor so far, but I understand why they did it. It likely costs a lot more then fabric bunting.
Then do something different instead of sticking to something that doesn’t work.

TTA94

I hope we are getting a Anniversary theme song. In the perfect world it would be a remake of Remember The Magic lol.

TTA94

I’d prefer that they NOT “reimagine”/desecrate that song.

Nothing wrong with the way it was of course, but I know it’s highly unlikely they would reuse it as it was. So therefore I’d gladly take a reimagined version.

I’ll be a little bit surprised if we don’t hear it in some way shape or form. They even played it during the 40th ceremony.

jumpinjamie

Since there’s no meet and greets they might as well bring back Mr. Toad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom