The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

trainplane3

Last I heard the exact lighting package was still somewhat up in the air. This concept are leaves a lot of wiggle room for anything from only projection mapping to a hybrid of projection and physical. Hope it is the later.
The description on the 50th page specifies inside SSE, if that means something:
Lights shine from within Spaceship Earth’s reflective panels as stardust emerges to symbolize beacons of possibility and optimism.

jrhwdw

The description on the 50th page specifies inside SSE, if that means something:
Lights shine from within Spaceship Earth’s reflective panels as stardust emerges to symbolize beacons of possibility and optimism.
Correct me if I'm not reading right but, this means Epcot has to close SSE to install all the lights inside? How long would that take and are we closer to SSE's long closure than we thought???

rylouisbo

We don’t need ANOTHER freakin thread about masks. Disney has been TRANSPARENTLY CLEAR on this. Masks are here for awhile, they will respond to the CDC, and Chapek expects them to be gone in 2022.

Stop.

If you don’t like it, bring your kids to the 100th and watch them smile.
i didnt make a thread about masks i made one comment in relation to the celebration, heres an idea, stop replying to the comment or just hide the posts of the people that keep talking about it.

runnsally

Lol I’m not sure why somebody saying they don’t like masks triggers people so much. It’s ok to scroll past my comment without saying how much you love masks.

The point is the current policies undoubtedly take away from a lot of the magic of the parks and will take away from the “magic” of such a big celebration so I would assume everyone would want them gone as soon as possible.
Maybe with all the new projection stuff for the 50th, they’ll be able to project a smile (or potentially a frown) onto your family’s masks.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Correct me if I'm not reading right but, this means Epcot has to close SSE to install all the lights inside? How long would that take and are we closer to SSE's long closure than we thought???
If there are physical lights going into the outer shell of SSE, I don’t imagine it would require any sort of significant closure. The outer layer we see is actually a few feet outside the structure of the sphere itself, and there are catwalks along various points that allow maintenance teams to walk along between the layers. That would allow this to be installed without any major disruption to SSE Operations.

Rodj

Hopefully the new ToT exterior looks will also come with MUCH needed fixes/updates to the show effects on the inside. Tower is in a very struggling shape right now.

rylouisbo

Hopefully the new ToT exterior looks will also come with MUCH needed fixes/updates to the show effects on the inside. Tower is in a very struggling shape right now.
yea it would be cool to have it get an art deco type lighting treatment on the exterior, but somehow keep the scary/deserted hotel vibe ha

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If there are physical lights going into the outer shell of SSE, I don’t imagine it would require any sort of significant closure. The outer layer we see is actually a few feet outside the structure of the sphere itself, and there are catwalks along various points that allow maintenance teams to walk along between the layers. That would allow this to be installed without any major disruption to SSE Operations.

SSE is not a prefect sphere. That’s the widest part. Other parts have only inches of room between the panels and the membrane.

Let me know if they mention “polishing” and “fortifying the park” and “celebrating the site”. Those were the interesting proposals.

Squishy

xwiSCTq.png
Mickey is on box float today

GimpYancIent

SSE is not a prefect sphere. That’s the widest part. Other parts have only inches of room between the panels and the membrane.

Let me know if they mention “polishing” and “fortifying the park” and “celebrating the site”. Those were the interesting proposals.
I thought there were some water leakage / seepage issues with SSE that needed attention?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom