The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

yensidtlaw1969

It hadn't occured to me till you said that that they also changed the flood lighting from the traditional orange hint to a more night sky purple to match the rest of the icons. Really smart and subtle.
I believe the coloration in the art is meant to represent Projection Mapping on SSE - though I've gotten the impression that the constellation lights they refer to are individual bulbs which will be physically added to the sphere. I think the rendering is showing those two systems working together.

TTA94

Well, good news and bad news, good news is a 18 month Celebration= Plenty of time for a nighttime parade to still happen, and hopefully a brand new nighttime parade and not PTN. Bad news is they could drag that debut out to 2023. 😕

Giss Neric

Outfits -

View attachment 533469

Nighttime concept -

View attachment 533471

Daytime concept -

View attachment 533473

Pictures from OS -

Daytime concept is actually very very nice but the pink in the art is so different than the actual castle pink.

Nighttime concept looks all projections like what they have done last year.

Mickey and Minnie's 50th costumes looks gorgeous. Im not the type who takes pics with characters but I would want a pic with those two with those outfits.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I believe the coloration in the art is meant to represent Projection Mapping on SSE - though I've gotten the impression that the constellation lights they refer to are individual bulbs which will be physically added to the sphere. I think the rendering is showing those two systems working together.
Last I heard the exact lighting package was still somewhat up in the air. This concept are leaves a lot of wiggle room for anything from only projection mapping to a hybrid of projection and physical. Hope it is the later.

jrhwdw

Well, good news and bad news, good news is a 18 month Celebration= Plenty of time for a nighttime parade to still happen, and hopefully a brand new nighttime parade and not PTN. Bad news is they could drag that debut out to 2023. 😕
I'm a tiny bit concerned there was no hints at Entertainment, not even a Cavalcade! Yes I know it's only Feb and we're not at Herd Imm. yet but still.... Maybe we'll get hints this summer?

Just saw GMA'a spot. Mickey and Minnie were in the Bypass, on Mickey's MISI float (just like the day after Super Bowl 2021) and there was blue on the float! Wonder if we'll see that on the Cavalcade route today?

M:SpilotISTC12

1613746276082.jpeg

Figured a new light projection show here would tie nicely into future world.

Squishy

I'm a tiny bit concerned there was no hints at Entertainment, not even a Cavalcade! Yes I know it's only Feb and we're not at Herd Imm. yet but still.... Maybe we'll get hints this summer?

Just saw GMA'a spot. Mickey and Minnie were in the Bypass, on Mickey's MISI float (just like the day after Super Bowl 2021) and there was blue on the float! Wonder if we'll see that on the Cavalcade route today?
They are afraid of announcing entertainment still due to possible backlash of drawing crowds.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom