The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

DCBaker

Premium Member
Two?

Yesterday was Pinocchio and today was one reveal of Nemo and Dory. Did I miss one from today?

Nemo and Dory took 2 up to spots here -

IMG_2295212388AF-1.jpeg

Haymarket2008

Don't get your hopes up...
I have real doubts there will be any 'big announcements' of any kind there, unless it relates to 'new exclusive 50th merchandise attendees can buy'.
😐

These 'Destination D' events get hyped up in the fan community everytime one is announced.
Folks assume something exciting is going to be announced related to Park Attractions, and rarely does that happen at these 'smaller' events.
Instead, it is usually just a few nice panels and merchandise purchasing opportunities for those attending.
That's it.

My memory may be lacking due to age, but there has not been any 'major' announcements made at any of the recent 'Dest D' events.
Disney prefers to save those for the 'real Event', the D23 Expo when they can.
The D23 Expo out in happy Anaheim, CA is where things tend to get announced.

-

It is almost certain to have a big update on the future of Epcot’s construction. As well as any and all smaller refreshes of MK rides that were otherwise postponed because of the pandemic.

I would confidently put money on a new glimpse at an updated World Discovery, what is happening with the Festival space, and the future of Spaceship Earth.

castlecake2.0

Slaphead takes Merchandising to the next level, I dont think I've ever heard of a Disney castle park ever being rented out before, AK,DHS.EPCOT yes but a Castle Park!!!! Of course no discounts on the one day ticket... ]]

I don't blame SnapOn for renting it, but I very much blame Slaphead for making it available to rent.
This has been done for decades, it’s just not as common as other parks because of the cost. This is nothing new.

castlecake2.0

How about something special for Guests who are 50?

I have been saying for at least two years now that as part of WDW's 50th Anniversary , they need to offer free admission to Guests who are 50 in 2021.
( Raises hand )

:)

On another note :

Do we have ANY Cast Members still employed at WDW who have been working there since Opening Day in 1971?
I recall there still being a couple around....
They should be given red carpet treatment on October 1st.

-
There are several 50 year CM, that video just showcased one

James Alucobond

Perhaps. The tagline is still in the same place, but as much as I'm not a fan of the text overlapping the pocket, there's no way that part wasn't intentional. "MAGICAL" is centered perfectly between the seams, and the designer had to be working from a template that showed where they would fall.

TTA94

Don't get your hopes up...
I have real doubts there will be any 'big announcements' of any kind there, unless it relates to 'new exclusive 50th merchandise attendees can buy'.
😐

These 'Destination D' events get hyped up in the fan community everytime one is announced.
Folks assume something exciting is going to be announced related to Park Attractions, and rarely does that happen at these 'smaller' events.
Instead, it is usually just a few nice panels and merchandise purchasing opportunities for those attending.
That's it.

My memory may be lacking due to age, but there has not been any 'major' announcements made at any of the recent 'Dest D' events.
Disney prefers to save those for the 'real Event', the D23 Expo when they can.
The D23 Expo out in happy Anaheim, CA is where things tend to get announced.

-

We just need a parade announcement, one of the major things missing for the 50th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom