The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Bocabear

Perhaps Chapek has stock in the Bronze casting facility...50 pieces would be a big expensive order....
Not that he needs the money...

Inspired Figment

I mean, no one is gonna book a WDW trip to see golden statues.
Yeeeah. I mean, they’re certainly pretty & all and a nice touch. Especially love the Figment & Orange Bird sculptures. But nobody’s gonna pay all that ‘just’ to see those. I’m going for the whole package of a stellar experience. Not just to see a bunch of character statues.

Figments Friend

So a friend reminded me the other day that we are only about six weeks away from the 50th.
And yet so little has been revealed thus far.

Now I realize Disney might be holding back since they likely want to stretch out the marketing hype to benefit the upcoming 18 month promotion....
OR
They want to save a few surprises up their sleeves to hype the actual day for social media purposes....

But.....

Really, by now we should be seeing and hearing more.

-

Haymarket2008

So a friend reminded me the other day that we are only about six weeks away from the 50th.
And yet so little has been revealed thus far.

Now I realize Disney might be holding back since they likely want to stretch out the marketing hype to benefit the upcoming 18 month promotion....
OR
They want to save a few surprises up their sleeves to hype the actual day for social media purposes....

But.....

Really, by now we should be seeing and hearing more.

-

The D23 event in November is ALL about celebrating WDW's 50th, so I'm sure there will be big announcements there.

kevlightyear

I think the statues are, more than anything else, a marketing endeavor. They get 50 (well, less) chances to remind people about the 50th celebration, and they get to spread it out over all of their channels to maximize reach. We pay attention to all of them, but a large number of people will only see a handful of the announcements. And for the people who didn't see all the announcements, going to the parks WILL provide those surprises. The statues themselves are the icing.

Figments Friend

The D23 event in November is ALL about celebrating WDW's 50th, so I'm sure there will be big announcements there.
Don't get your hopes up...
I have real doubts there will be any 'big announcements' of any kind there, unless it relates to 'new exclusive 50th merchandise attendees can buy'.
😐

These 'Destination D' events get hyped up in the fan community everytime one is announced.
Folks assume something exciting is going to be announced related to Park Attractions, and rarely does that happen at these 'smaller' events.
Instead, it is usually just a few nice panels and merchandise purchasing opportunities for those attending.
That's it.

My memory may be lacking due to age, but there has not been any 'major' announcements made at any of the recent 'Dest D' events.
Disney prefers to save those for the 'real Event', the D23 Expo when they can.
The D23 Expo out in happy Anaheim, CA is where things tend to get announced.

-

Last edited:

Figments Friend

New Tiktok video highlighting Forrest, a 50 year Cast Member -

How about something special for Guests who are 50?

I have been saying for at least two years now that as part of WDW's 50th Anniversary , they need to offer free admission to Guests who are 50 in 2021.
( Raises hand )

:)

On another note :

Do we have ANY Cast Members still employed at WDW who have been working there since Opening Day in 1971?
I recall there still being a couple around....
They should be given red carpet treatment on October 1st.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom