The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

SorcererDonald16

I know we're on the topic of capitalism and merchandise here but I think I may have come across some of the first publicly available footage of Enchantment.

Oh, that looks very nice! I follow a CM on Instagram who said the park was rented out for the night and there was going to be perimeter fireworks involved. Maybe some celebrity wanted an Enchantment preview?

I don’t know if this is unpopular to say or not, but Happily Ever After, especially compared to Wishes, mostly left me cold the 3 times I saw it. I’m not sad to see it go, assuming (hoping?) the replacement is not worse.

Figments Friend

Getting back to merchandise and capitalisim......heh heh.....

I have been seeing 'leaked' photographs over the last couple of days of some more 50th merchandise items.
Nothing really a 'stand out' thus far to my tastes, just yet more expensive ladies' bags and clothing items.
Did view a few 'fun' items though....50th 'EARidescent' plush, fridge magnet set, yet another coffee travel mug, etc.

-

If there is going to be a parade at the uber expensive AH events for Christmas, is there any hope that they will run the parade over the holiday season when the AH events have finished?

TTA94

Getting back to merchandise and capitalisim......heh heh.....

I have been seeing 'leaked' photographs over the last couple of days of some more 50th merchandise items.
Nothing really a 'stand out' thus far to my tastes, just yet more expensive ladies' bags and clothing items.
Did view a few 'fun' items though....50th 'EARidescent' plush, fridge magnet set, yet another coffee travel mug, etc.

-

Any good shirts coming compared to the ones they just released?

gerarar

Premium Member
I know we're on the topic of capitalism and merchandise here but I think I may have come across some of the first publicly available footage of Enchantment.

Not Enchantment. A MK private event occured last night and there was short fireworks every 15 minutes or so with associated music and projections. That happened between 9:30 and 11pm until when a private showing of HEA premiered. If you have Snapchat, you can browse through all the various pyro-fun from last night on SnapMaps.

Last edited:

skypilot2922

Oh, that looks very nice! I follow a CM on Instagram who said the park was rented out for the night and there was going to be perimeter fireworks involved. Maybe some celebrity wanted an Enchantment preview?

I don’t know if this is unpopular to say or not, but Happily Ever After, especially compared to Wishes, mostly left me cold the 3 times I saw it. I’m not sad to see it go, assuming (hoping?) the replacement is not worse.

Might that HEA relying on projections for part of the show vs Wishes being a FIREWORKS show contribute to that meh’ feeling. I suspect the new show will rely even more on projections than expensive shells which are one time use.

You know the bobs favorite dance ‘The expense reduction shuffle’

Vinnie Mac

Not Enchantment. A MK private event occured last night and there was short fireworks every 15 minutes or so with associated music and projections. That happened between 9:30 and 11pm until when a private showing of HEA premiered. If you have Snapchat, you can browse through all the various pyro-fun from last night on SnapMaps.
Ah yes, you're right. Looked in the Snapmap. Saw something about "snap-on" so was the event based on social media presence?

skypilot2922

Interesting!

Slaphead takes Merchandising to the next level, I dont think I've ever heard of a Disney castle park ever being rented out before, AK,DHS.EPCOT yes but a Castle Park!!!! Of course no discounts on the one day ticket... ]]

I don't blame SnapOn for renting it, but I very much blame Slaphead for making it available to rent.

James J

In the Parks
No
Slaphead takes Merchandising to the next level, I dont think I've ever heard of a Disney castle park ever being rented out before, AK,DHS.EPCOT yes but a Castle Park!!!! Of course no discounts on the one day ticket... ]]

I don't blame SnapOn for renting it, but I very much blame Slaphead for making it available to rent.
It's been done a few times over the last how ever many years. It's not a new thing or a Chapek thing, and costs A LOT of money.

brb1006

50th-anniversary-banners-magic-kingdom-wdw-entrance-4-700x525.jpg

50th-anniversary-banners-magic-kingdom-wdw-entrance-5-700x600.jpg

E86n_hGWUAA9yx2

TTA94

Am I correct on this that there will be the 50th version of Halloween/Fall and Christmas decorations, then after the holidays the full 50th decorations will debut? Banners and bunting maybe?

brb1006

Am I correct on this that there will be the 50th version of Halloween/Fall and Christmas decorations, then after the holidays the full 50th decorations will debut? Banners and bunting maybe?
Yes there will be Halloween decorations (via Cinderella's Carriage) commemorating the resort's 50th Anniversary beginning on October 1st. Not sure about Christmas.

TTA94

Yes there will be Halloween decorations (via Cinderella's Carriage) commemorating the resort's 50th Anniversary beginning on October 1st. Not sure about Christmas.

Yeah I know about Halloween and I think someone on here hinted about the Christmas decorations as well, just curious what will happen after the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom