The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

Bocabear

It is sad that the l;awn ornaments seem to be the only thing they are talking about...
I know that Harmonious is going to be pretty...but like so many other things, these were necessary expenditures to keep the park up to date...not magical enhancements to make it special for the anniversary... The parks all need additional capacity...those things are just plain necessary...
So now what aside from the pink paint job and the lawn ornaments are they actually doing that was not necessary expansion?

dreday3

Well, not pertaining to WDW but there is a current rumor MSEP and Christmas Fantasy is returning for the Holidays this year at DL.

So I don't get it.

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of parades so I really don't care one way or the other, but...why can Disneyland get parades back (if true) but Magic Kingdom can't?

Is it a Florida thing? :D

James Alucobond

So I don't get it.

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of parades so I really don't care one way or the other, but...why can Disneyland get parades back (if true) but Magic Kingdom can't?

It's an unannounced rumor. The single announced domestic parade actually is at Magic Kingdom. I'd probably wait until they're sharing details publicly before trying to draw conclusions around the California vs. Florida strategies.

dreday3

It's an unannounced rumor. The single announced domestic parade actually is at Magic Kingdom. I'd probably wait until they're sharing details publicly before trying to draw conclusions around the California vs. Florida strategies.

I know what a rumor is. That's why I said "if true"

But sure, like the rest of these threads on these boards, I'll wait for actual confirmation before discussing the topic.

😂

James Alucobond

I know what a rumor is. That's why I said "if true"

But sure, like the rest of these threads on these boards, I'll wait for actual confirmation before discussing the topic.

😂
I just mean that, "Why not Florida?" is kind of strange to ask when Florida's Christmas parade is actually the only one they've already confirmed.

tcool123

So I don't get it.

Mickeys Once Upon a Christmastime has been confirmed to come back. I imagine if they’re able to keep the staffing from that parade on they can bring back Festival of Fantasy by Spring Break next year

jrhwdw

Well, not pertaining to WDW but there is a current rumor MSEP and Christmas Fantasy is returning for the Holidays this year at DL.

Let the PTN coming to WDW rumors fire up again 🤣.

I thought you couldn't post anything from those sites..........I'm not saying it should come down, just confused?

UNCgolf

No! Don't do it for me! I don't know everything! I didn't add it in my DL Thread because I thought I couldn't, now maybe I can?

I'm pretty sure that website is new (or relatively new) and that's why it's not blocked here even though it's run by the same people. I imagine it will be blocked eventually.

Lil Copter Cap

The golden statues would be cool if they were plussing an already exciting 50th experience with new & exciting offerings (think: unannounced attractions or rides, nighttime parade, etc.), but since these reveals are consistently in the "news cycle" for Disney World, it just seems like a marketing ploy to ensure they are always flooding social media feeds.

Separately, I find it odd that we know little about a brand new nighttime spectacular that is replacing a well-received fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. We know it'll extend down Main Street, U.S.A. with projections...and there is some sort of golden pixie dust involved (what is likely a transition animation)...

Eehhh, I guess I'm experiencing my impatience mixed with [false] hope that there is something more to the 50th that hasn't been revealed...beyond merchandise "seasons"

TTA94

In the other thread on here about the rumor of MSEP returning, sounds like the plan is to return it next year for the parades 50th and not this holiday season. If true that blows the theory of MSEP coming to WDW to celebrate its 50th along with MSEPs, yet it makes sense why it should stay at DL since it’s their original parade not WDWs.

Figments Friend

Can't see MSEP coming back to Florida.
We have already discussed the reasons....Several times.

Disneyland will have a gala marketing campaign for the Parade's glorious 50th Anniversary next year I'm sure.
The only way I see it returning is if some genius in marketing decides that the MSEP needs to go on 'tour' and stop by the Magic Kingdom since it is ALSO celebrating its 50th Anniverary, too.
Quite a handy coincidence .....from a marketing perspective.

But I won't beleive it until I see it.
Seriously doubt it will happen, from what I was told some time ago.
Things change, but Disneyland will want to keep it 'home' for the Parade's own big anniversary next year.

-

SorcererDonald16

If they wanted to impress little old me with a parade for the 50th, they would introduce SpectroMagic 2.0. That forever remains my favorite parade WDW has ever done, and they just... let it rot. :(

I honestly don’t expect much in the way of new and exciting things we don’t already know about, and call me a cynic, but if they eventually claim “lost revenue led to cutbacks in our plans” I won’t believe it for the most part. I think they were planning on nickel and diming a lot of things all along, courtesy of good ol’ Chappy. I certainly hope I am wrong though. It’s just sort of depressing and weird that I felt more excited for the offerings at WDW for DLR’s 50th, than I do for WDW’s own 50th.

I’m glad Stitch got a statue, anyway. I know he’s an acquired taste and his attraction even more so, but the Stitch animatronic was one of my favorites WDI ever created. Shame they couldn’t repurpose him for something else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom