The Wizarding World of Harry Potter - soft opening status

Disneyson 1

The 3 minute or so show may take place in Olivanders, but the actual purchase takes place across the street at the Owlry, from what I'm told. Not sure how your wand gets from one pace to the other...

dxwwf3

I think all Disney World fans have to really have their fingers crossed for this land. We really need this to be a big hit in the worst way. This is by far the biggest competition Disney has seen and hopefully it blows people away and challenges Disney to push the envelope with their next major attraction.

JT3000

The 3 minute or so show may take place in Olivanders, but the actual purchase takes place across the street at the Owlry, from what I'm told. Not sure how your wand gets from one pace to the other...

Ollivanders, Dervish & Banges and the Owlery are all the same building.

hack2112

Ollivanders, Dervish & Banges and the Owlery are all the same building.
It's magic! :eek:

Also, on another note, with each show being three minutes, if load/unload is included in that time and since there are two showrooms, that gives Ollivander's a capacity of 1000 guests an hour. That's not exactly a small number.

71jason

Went by this morning, based on rampant TM rumors last night (and a couple posts on another board). As of 12:30, no opening, and a management type came out to swear it will not open today. Exiting Dragons, we did hear the frog choir, and later saw a small corporate group coming out.

Thrill Seeker

Here's to hoping there is a soft opening tomorrow!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Matpez

Confirmed from multiple Team Members, there will be a TM preview of Forbidden Journey this afternoon.

It's getting really close. The public soft for HRRR was immediately following the TM previews.

:sohappy::sohappy:

IWant2GoNow

Confirmed from multiple Team Members, there will be a TM preview of Forbidden Journey this afternoon.

It's getting really close. The public soft for HRRR was immediately following the TM previews.

:sohappy::sohappy:

Thanks for the update!

This is very encouraging news for my trip coming up in a week and a half. I'll be pretty let down if we missed everything by one week. Here's hoping for a full soft opening on June 10th or 11th. :D

cdunbar

Apparently the ride closed down for more than 2 hours during the test.
After an hour they started having issues and TM previews stopped all together apparently, apparently they'll pick up with them tomorrow. The hotel guests that have the special packages also get in tomorrow as well, so somebody on twitter said it looks like soft opening for the general public won't be till saturday...

JT3000

Forbidden Journey wasn't up for long, but some lucky people got on it. Unfortunately, the only detailed review I've seen anywhere was apparently a fake. Why must people be so obnoxious?

IWant2GoNow

Here's a question for anyone who knows... Will the soft openings be available to all guests in the park or just those select few who bought the early package deal?

Testtrack321

Here's a question for anyone who knows... Will the soft openings be available to all guests in the park or just those select few who bought the early package deal?

Rumor has it they are only offering the bare minimum required to only the package deal guests. They might open Forbidden Journey if its ready. IF.

Moritz Stiefel

I highly doubt they will open it as a soft open! Its highly anticipated so they dont need to!

When it does open, its going to be like a massive grand opening for it. :king:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I highly doubt they will open it as a soft open! Its highly anticipated so they dont need to!

When it does open, its going to be like a massive grand opening for it. :king:

Remember soft openings are done for the benefit of the park, no the guests. It gives the park a chance to test it under real conditions, and helps avoid embarrassing problems and closures when the ride grand openings.

Moritz Stiefel

Remember soft openings are done for the benefit of the park, no the guests. It gives the park a chance to test it under real conditions, and helps avoid embarrassing problems and closures when the ride grand openings.

:animwink:

I think they have had some test groups in cause my friend works there, instead of a soft opening, cause i heard no pictures were aloud and one guy got in trouble for trying to take a picture on his cell.

I think they are really trying to keep it under raps for the big day.

SOOOO excited!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

hack2112

:animwink:

I think they have had some test groups in, instead of a soft opening, cause i heard no pictures were aloud and one guy got in trouble for trying to take a picture on his cell.

I think they are really trying to keep it under raps for the big day.

SOOOO excited!!!!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
They weren't test groups. There was a group from POW-WOW when Uni held their party, and there were TM previews.

Only one TM preview had Forbidden Journey open, and then only for about an hour.

They'll have soft opens, they'd be stupid if they didn't.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom