News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Tha Realest

No, whatever he did he was probably removed and it was immediately.
The CF statement was very terse and short for a person of such a tenure, and he’s gone immediately to pursue “personal interests.” I also read he was just re-elected to a new 3 year term in May

lazyboy97o

The CF statement was very terse and short for a person of such a tenure, and he’s gone immediately to pursue “personal interests.” I also read he was just re-elected to a new 3 year term in May
He’s trying to claim that Ouimet was suddenly fired from Disney and implying something untoward occurred that resulted in his immediate termination. Disney didn’t claim he was leaving for “personal interests”. He left for a job at Starwood and both Disney and Starwood had press releases ready on the same day announcing his new job as well as Ed Grier’s new job.

Ouimet knew his days at Disney were coming to an end. He was rather open about his dislike of Rasulo and desire for the top job at Parks and Resorts. Iger though wanted to keep Rasulo so Ouimet went and got a job elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tha Realest

He’s trying to claim that Ouimet was suddenly fired from Disney and implying something untoward occurred that resulted in his immediate termination. Like so many of his factoids it isn’t true. Disney didn’t claim he was leaving for “personal interests”. He left for a job at Starwood and both Disney and Starwood had press releases ready on the same day announcing his new job as well as Ed Grier’s new job.

Ouimet knew his days at Disney were coming to an end. He was rather open about his dislike of Rasulo and desire for the top job at Parks and Resorts. Iger though wanted to keep Rasulo so Ouimet went and got a job elsewhere.
Huh? I mentioned the Cedar Fair announcement, which is here:

1693707577739.png

Trauma

Did you? Do you really think that Disney's entire library is worthless now? That the parks would be better off being sold for housing developments? Probably not.

Which means... there is still a lot of value in Disney. Once they figure out how to monetize it correctly, they will be back on top.
No not worthless.

Just worth less.

Somewhere in the realm of $200 Billion.

Nothing to see here folks just have to monetize better!!

Lilofan

He’s trying to claim that Ouimet was suddenly fired from Disney and implying something untoward occurred that resulted in his immediate termination. Disney didn’t claim he was leaving for “personal interests”. He left for a job at Starwood and both Disney and Starwood had press releases ready on the same day announcing his new job as well as Ed Grier’s new job.

Your post is misleading and not correct. I posted a while back that Matt left for greener pastures and joined Starwood only to get let go during the recession. Your post of me posting " suddenly fired from Disney " is false.

In the Parks
No
Wait, so could someone just give a brief rundown of why Matt Ouimet rejoining Disney is a non-starter? I think it's a great idea. Sure, put him as part of a two-person team at the top. But he did great things for Disneyland as far as I can remember.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
So the stock hasn’t been this low since 2014. How long are the major investors and the board really going to let Iger hang around? What’s the floor - $75? $70? $65? Because just putting his presence back at TWDC HQ clearly hasn’t been enough to sway the street - and what happens when the dividend doesn’t come back?

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I thought people didn't watch sports any longer? Why wouldn't Charter just walk away and let ESPN die off?

The Charter CEO is threatening to do just that. He said that they can either come to an equitable deal that satisfies both parties or they will walk away from TWDC programming.

I don’t think he’s bluffing.

el_super

I don’t think he’s bluffing.

I actually read it as, they will walk away from cable TV entirely. Without Disney the business model just doesn't work anymore. They need ESPN.

Truthfully though, I do think he's bluffing to try to get a better deal.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
I actually read it as, they will walk away from cable TV entirely. Without Disney the business model just doesn't work anymore. They need ESPN.

Truthfully though, I do think he's bluffing to try to get a better deal.

They’re the second largest provider of cable services in the US so I don’t think they are going to walk away from linear TV.

I do like his point that Disney is asking customers to basically pay for the same items twice between linear and DTC and I think it was a smart move to demand access to ad-supported D+ as part of the cable subscription package.

el_super

They’re the second largest provider of cable services in the US so I don’t think they are going to walk away from linear TV.

I thought they were already offering a streaming/video on demand service that they could pivot to?

From what I read, their CEO was basically saying the whole market was broken and an exit wasn't off the table. I could see it happening. The ship is already sinking. Gotta get off at some point.

I think you're right though, it is smart to start bundling DTC services together. I am assuming Charter is also offering Internet services, and I assume that will be their core business going forward.

mightynine

They will. They almost did a few years ago according to this article, and they probably have even fewer subscribers now. So why not send them to a Fubo or Youtube TV and keep them as a broadband customer and make the same or more money off 'em?

As of now, it appears Spectrum has more leverage than cable providers have had in past carriage disputes. That’s because the pay-TV provider seems ready to make good on the threat to leave cable behind altogether if it doesn’t get what it feels is a reasonable offer from Disney. Ourand reports that Charter held discussions about ditching Spectrum’s cable service four years ago, the last time it negotiated a carriage contract with Disney. Now, with just 14.7 million cable customers left, Charter has more reason than ever to leave pay-TV behind.

The company makes a much higher profit margin from its broadband business these days, which partially explains why it has been steering customers affected by the Disney outage to Fubo. Users who cancel their Spectrum TV service can find a ton of live sports on Fubo, and Charter gets to keep those users as broadband customers, even though it’s recommending people to a competing TV service.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Todays votes of “confidence”:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So the stock hasn’t been this low since 2014. How long are the major investors and the board really going to let Iger hang around? What’s the floor - $75? $70? $65? Because just putting his presence back at TWDC HQ clearly hasn’t been enough to sway the street - and what happens when the dividend doesn’t come back?
As long as Bob tells them he will hang around.
Todays votes of “confidence”:

$110/share? Still way too high, and the optimism is overblown. The Bob's have damaged their precious "brand" with their quest for unending profit increases.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom