News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

TalkingHead

Another data point on the D+ stuff- this seems like a need to juice the subscriber numbers over the next few months.

It’s a little odd the D+ division is giving away this content for free they’re paying the other side of the house roughly $200M over the next week (TLM and Elemental streaming rights payoff) but things must be desperate.

Sacrificing 100 years of Hollywood business strategy in order to force streaming numbers. Maybe they should call D+ Iger’s folly.

Tha Realest

Sacrificing 100 years of Hollywood business strategy in order to force streaming numbers. Maybe they should call D+ Iger’s folly.
I’m sympathetic to the situation they’re in. This presumes status quo is sustainable. It isn’t. And, seeing how Netflix leapfrogged them, I get the need to internalize those operations more fully and be done with the pesky revenue sharing and marketing issues with theaters.

That said, I do think there were great missteps. Their films over time have been hit and miss and their stewardship of some of these big acquisitions very suspect.

On a larger point, the notion that they could somehow scale up quality, watchable, desirable content is laughable to anyone that’s watched shows on The Disney Channel or Freeform over the last few decades.

kingdead

That was the most California story I've ever read, Chapek was the wrong man for the job the moment his mother and father conceived him in the Midwest. When Iger was calling up all the senators and presidents behind Chapel's back... good lord. I wonder if CHAPEK ever thought he was going to keep the job.

Anyway, so when's actual Bob selling to Apple? Tim Cook, Bob Iger, two Cali kings making it happen 🙂🍎🐭

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Comcast CEO Brian Roberts with some news on Disney buying Comcast's Hulu stake - the deadline has moved from January 2024 to September 30, 2023.

mightynine

mrw GIF

Heck yeah, I'm here for some good ol' Disney dishin'.

Lilofan

Doesn't make sense. Iger does wake up early then works out 45 min on his home gym Versa climber ( not for the faint of heart ) then the article says he then showers in his office ? After 45 min of any cardio you would be drenched in sweat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom