News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

J4546

Disney getting in on sports betting is gonna be a game changer and make sooo much money for them since they own ESPN

LSLS

Disney getting in on sports betting is gonna be a game changer and make sooo much money for them since they own ESPN
I don't think it loses money by any stretch, but you think it's going to do a lot more for them than I do. I mean, is Disney even getting a share of revenues outside of having stock in PENN now? I thought it was just a set licensing fee and then stock. Also, there are still a lot of pretty stringent regulations they need to go through, which could impact things like College Gameday. There's a reason PENN dumped barstools.

J4546

I don't think it loses money by any stretch, but you think it's going to do a lot more for them than I do. I mean, is Disney even getting a share of revenues outside of having stock in PENN now? I thought it was just a set licensing fee and then stock. Also, there are still a lot of pretty stringent regulations they need to go through, which could impact things like College Gameday. There's a reason PENN dumped barstools.
I really dont know I just feel like Sport betting makes a ton of money and if it becomes part of ESPN I would imagine itd make a lot more.

CinematicFusion

I like this post because it really portrays that we all have different perspectives and that sometimes we assume that everyone is speaking from the same world view. You mention "our kids generation" on a message board where you have everyone from single young people to parents of young children to parents of teenagers to grandparents.

My kids generation 5th grade, 3rd grade and K all watch D+, Netflix and PBS Kids with a smattering of Youtube Kids if we let them. My son also watches a ton of NFL+ too when he can.

They have very little interaction with Apple and Amazon.

Kids in middle school and younger will probably grow up with staples like D+ and Netflix because thats where all the cartoons are for the most part. But mostly they are growing up in the world of Apps. Everything is an App that can easily be installed or deleted on a whim. Even the internet is more Apps than web browsers.

My generation, I'm 42, grew up with one foot in the internet and one foot in the analog world. We learned the internet on web browsers. Kids these days are accessing the internet on Threads, Twitter, Insta, Facebook, Reddit and all the content streamers.

So if you had to make a ABC/CBS/NBC comparison it will be Youtube, Twitch, Tiktok, Netflix, D+, Twitter, Insta and whatever new apps pop up over the next 10 years.
I’ll give you YouTube, my kids
Love that service. They are 11 and grew out of Disney +. They never watch it though they did love The Mysterious Benedict Society.
Netflix is there next go to. They don’t watch anything else. Roblox has been their main pastime for last 2 years.

Comped

Disney can if they like own about 18% of the company if tge execute their options.
Yep, stock means that they get dividends, and a seat or two on the board. I could easily see them increasing their stake at some point as well! Free cash essentially, which they need.

CinematicFusion

Disney Slapped With Investors Lawsuit for Allegedly ‘Concealing the True Costs’ of Disney+ Under Bob Chapek​

JoeCamel

Disney Slapped With Investors Lawsuit for Allegedly ‘Concealing the True Costs’ of Disney+ Under Bob Chapek​

No surprise there, they fired him for that after all. What do the investors think they can get for this?

Or is this a law firm getting paid and pennies for investors if anything?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Another lawsuit that will go nowhere.

Disney posted a $1.5B quarterly loss for D+ under Chapek. How was that *hiding* its cost? LOL

And the restructuring complaint? That's just armchair CEO-ing, equating "that's not how I would do it" with "they must have committed a criminal offense!!" Again, lol.

CinematicFusion

Disney posted a $1.5B quarterly loss for D+ under Chapek. How was that *hiding* its cost? LOL

And the restructuring complaint? That's just armchair CEO-ing, equating "that's not how I would do it" with "they must have committed a criminal offense!!" Again, lol.
Shareholders are upset because Disney has been terrible as a company for the last couple years.
Usually when a company performs poorly like Disney has recently, these type of lawsuits appear.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
No surprise there, they fired him for that after all. What do the investors think they can get for this?

Or is this a law firm getting paid and pennies for investors if anything?
I thought They fired him cause nobody wanted to talk to Bob anymore? 🤔

Exactly…it’s not a money maker
Shareholders are upset because Disney has been terrible as a company for the last couple years.
Usually when a company performs poorly like Disney has recently, these type of lawsuits appear.
This right here 👆🏻👆🏻

Nubs70

So did Chapek get the boot for signing a materially false financial statement?

Did McCarthy get let go for submitting a materially false financial statement?

If so, could this have been an act of C-suite fratricide?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So did Chapek get the boot for signing a materially false financial statement?

Did McCarthy get let go for submitting a materially false financial statement?

If so, could this have been an act of C-suite fratricide?
…no…none of that junk

You haven’t been watching closely these last 19 years, have you? 🤪

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom