News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That’s my overall problem with Rise, it’s genius and amazing with its detail and design. But I come off without any type of emotional reaction. And I’m not even a Star Wars “fan”. If the references and characters in Star Tours mixed with Rise, I would feel differently.
It’s an attempt at a dark ride on steroids…which all Disney fans would love in theory…

But uses such BAD source material that I laugh on it. As I did trying to make it through the last Johnson. Same instinctive response. I feel like the joker. It’s embarrassing.

Think I rode it 4 times? Eyeroll, laugh, laugh, laugh…and have skipped it for several years since.

But I’m not much into Star Wars 🙄

Midwest Elitist

It’s an attempt at a dark ride on steroids…which all Disney fans would love in theory…

But uses such BAD source material that I laugh on it. As I did trying to make it through the last Johnson. Same instinctive response. I feel like the joker. It’s embarrassing.

Think I rode it 4 times? Eyeroll, laugh, laugh, laugh…and have skipped it for several years since.

Interesting thing is that while the Prequels were bad, Star Wars VIDEO GAMES were absolutely legendary at that time. A lot of people experienced episode III first hand through the first Lego Star Wars.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ugh, the thing is that while it's not as good as ANY of the OT, Revenge of the Sith was good and if the other prequel movies were that quality at least, it would be a less memable trilogy.
Sith is good enough. Solid…not citizen Kane intellectual…but what it should be. The well was just so poisoned.

I remember thinking - in Orlando actually - that the people coming out of AMC raving about Spider-Man were subconsciously doing it in large part because they had seen AOTC in the same theater and it was so god awful bad.

Br0ckford

The last Johnson. Love it. 🤣🤣 I may need to steal that.

WowFactor

I had the opportunity to ride Rise at DHS two weeks ago, until then I didn't know the land. I was able to try the different paths and, from what I could see, all the effects worked well. I liked it! But I came away with one conclusion: Rise is not enough to attract me to DHS as much as Flight does to AK.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I had the opportunity to ride Rise at DHS two weeks ago, until then I didn't know the land. I was able to try the different paths and, from what I could see, all the effects worked well. I liked it! But I came away with one conclusion: Rise is not enough to attract me to DHS as much as Flight does to AK.
FOP is the best thing they’ve installed since safaris…no joke.

I enjoy guardians alot too. I also appreciate rat - for what it is.

Needed to do better with tron

LSLS

FOP is the best thing they’ve installed since safaris…no joke.

I enjoy guardians alot too. I also appreciate rat - for what it is.

Needed to do better with tron
FOP is pretty amazing. Guardians is an awesome roller coaster, but I still can't follow everything going on with it. I HATED rat personally (as does the rest of my family). Everyone comes off that dizzy/nauseous. Still haven't gotten to try Tron though, but it feels like a ride you have to try at night.

WowFactor

I also got a little dizzy on the RAT (on that tiny trail). France had become my favorite pavilion now. It portrays the Parisian mood very well, it has retail, cinema and ride. I spent most of my day over there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Isn't Mexico and Italy, third party mgt to operate the pavillions? Can they have some pull in the matter to improve things?
Not one bit.

Here’s how 3rd party goes: Disney tells them what to do and tells them the terms

Fun true story: when they redid Fulton’s (paddlefish), they plopped the plans in front of the operator and said:

“Here’s what you’re gonna do…here’s what it’s gonna cost…and you’re paying.

Are you in or out?”

Basil of Baker Street

That’s just because George became corporate. Which all his director buddies go on camera (notably Stevie and Frank) and claim he never was to this day…

…but the shade thrown by Kurtz, kershner, even ford for 40 years finger it…

George as he ran a billion dollar empire lost his chops - if he ever had them? - to write and direct.
Phantom movie and attack of the Walmart toy isle were ATROCIOUS. If George hadn’t paid to make them himself I fully believe every studio in Hollywood would have rejected them in short order.

So Disney had the chance - knowing the mistake - to learn from it and completely botched it trying to compensate. A reboot. No one EVER thought a reboot was a good idea outside the dwarf boardroom. And they try to lie/excuse their way out of it to Gen X. 😂
That dog don’t hunt.

It’s like a pilot who rolled the plane all the way over to the left let’s the Co-pilot take over and he rolls it all the way over to the right to compensate.

This is really not that hard.
Spot on. In fact I feel RotJ was produced solely for toy shelves.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Spot on. In fact I feel RotJ was produced solely for toy shelves.
According to Kurtz it was.

But to be fair…its also a “technology reset”

The had the budget and tools to make a much sharper looking picture than ANH.

Jedi gets a lot of crap for being a rehash and Ewoks

Rightfully so…
But it still has the best “feel” to stick to your ribs

Nobody ever flipped past it.
And Hamill and McDiarmid were fantastic…frankly

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yea it does. I know empire is the "best film" of the 3. But I always go back to Jedi as my favorite. Scout troopers and speeder bikes, Jabbas palace! Nothing says star wars to me over that.
You’re good people.

Note to mods: when the Star Wars talk is scrubbed for this (we are way past Iger)…can we be allowed to dump this stuff into a general Star Wars talk one?

Love ya, Mom👍🏻😎

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
Yea it does. I know empire is the "best film" of the 3. But I always go back to Jedi as my favorite. Scout troopers and speeder bikes, Jabbas palace! Nothing says star wars to me over that.
Jedi was my favorite before I knew ppl said empire is the “best” one. Glad to know I’m not alone :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom