News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Lilofan

…the same that stopped booking trips to Disney parks about a year ago?
Must be on vacation in Europe. Fellow gym member of mine recently spent 26 day vacation in Europe. So many American tourists wearing the same attire - baseball cap, t shirt , shorts sneakers except at the Vatican where there is a dress code enforced.

JoeCamel

Question….. could A. I. Do Iger’s job? Perhaps if AI new the history of the company and the current financials it could lead the company better while saving the company over $100 million per year.
If you just googled youtube videos you could probably do his job. You would need to spend 30 years making nice with those that can help you implement them though before you were ready to do it.

Tha Realest

Question….. could A. I. Do Iger’s job? Perhaps if AI new the history of the company and the current financials it could lead the company better while saving the company over $100 million per year.
I think an AI managed mutual fund could have well outperformed DIS over the last six months, so yes.

John park hopper

Maybe Iger was brought in and extended his contract to be the hatchet man to get rid of unprofitable Disney holdings and boast profits, Seems DVC's are money makers as they are going up all over the park resorts

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just so you can put Disneys economics in proper perspective…

Bank of America is saying that while consumer spending on good is tracking downward…expenditures on travel, entertainment, restaurants is growing

Which makes total sense as Disney can’t get anyone to Florida.

Bad
Management

…to the bone

Indy_UK

Maybe Iger was brought in and extended his contract to be the hatchet man to get rid of unprofitable Disney holdings and boast profits, Seems DVC's are money makers as they are going up all over the park resorts

DVC is cheap to add with huge returns and for the long term. Shame we aren't treated better. Even $20K or so more than being resale doesn't grantee you an annual pass these days.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

DVC is cheap to add with huge returns and for the long term. Shame we aren't treated better. Even $20K or so more than being resale doesn't grantee you an annual pass these days.
Dvc is an easy scapegoat to blame when they make awful management decisions in parks…but it’s not quite so simple

We are a flawed, mercurial group of sycophants…to varying degrees…

And while we show…we dont necessarily grease the wheels of profit in the way they’d want.

I think they told a a huge pricing gamble…years ago…testing whether people would mortgage all their disposable cash to go to wdw for a week. They thought “yes” and the truth is coming out as “no”.

So the “we’re luxury” pivot was to kiss dvc butt…plain and simple…thinking they’ll spend to infinity.

But it won’t happen. It never was going to.

Indy_UK

Sorry I feel dumb here but what does this mean having Mayer and Staggs in conversation?

Eyeing to acquire their company and they take over Disney? Or genuinely needs help on how best of package what they can sell off?

CaptainAmerica

DirtyGiddyHoatzin-size_restricted.gif

Disstevefan1

That is not correct.
You are right. Iger's number one concern is his legacy. He still wants to be POTUS someday.

Well, let's hope, Iger understands that selling off WDW, as much as he would want to do that to (you know who), selling off WDW would destroy his legacy.

Besides, everyone is screaming about attendance being down at WDW, WDW is still a CASH COW for TWDC.

TWDC need to make money somehow, so they need WDW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom