News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

celluloid

Haunted Mansion will have to not only follow the week right after Barbie and Oppenheimer, but have family market competition with NIckelodeon and kids marketing pushing Ninja Turtles coming out the weekend after.

Then we go back into teachers are returning to school and kids the weeks after.

Too little too late is my guess for the HM movie costing 150 million and marketed for more.

TrainsOfDisney

I’m a Disney fan so the algorithm should be in Disney’s favor and I’ve yet to see ANYTHING on Haunted Mansion and I’ve seen a bunch of ads for Barbie and Charlie and the chocolate factory which doesn’t come out until December.

I don’t know who’s going to show up to a movie they don’t know about.

FettFan

I’m a Disney fan so the algorithm should be in Disney’s favor and I’ve yet to see ANYTHING on Haunted Mansion and I’ve seen a bunch of ads for Barbie and Charlie and the chocolate factory which doesn’t come out until December.

I don’t know who’s going to show up to a movie they don’t know about.

Aye. I didn't know there was a new HM movie until I saw the poster in the theater when Mario came out.
And even though it's coming out in just a few days, the only real marketing I've seen for it has been a handful of State Farm commercials, plus one thing from the Louisiana Department of Tourism having some kind of New Orleans Vacation sweepstakes tying in to it. (which is weird because it aired on WWL TV....which is based in New Orleans....why would someone want to vacation where they already live?)

Seriously, there are three different incarnations of the Haunted Mansion, why bother going back to New Orleans?

Though it will be fun to digitally edit The Haunting with The Haunted Mansion, simply because Owen Wilson is in both movies.

celluloid

What is baffling is they got the person who wrote one of the worst reviewed ghost comedies to pen a remake of the second worst reviewed ghost comedy.

Sadly it shows. This was going to a rent or wait to stream, but as soon as I saw the clip of Madame Leota asking for three dollars and how that and other scenes forced awkward comedy, I am out forever.

Br0ckford

What is baffling is they got the person who wrote one of the worst reviewed ghost comedies to pen a remake of the second worst reviewed ghost comedy.

Sadly it shows. This was going to a rent or wait to stream, but as soon as I saw the clip of Madame Leota asking for three dollars and how that and other scenes forced awkward comedy, I am out forever.
Remember the $1 movie theaters?. This has $1 movie written all over it.

FettFan

Should have been about tree fiddy.
liane cartman chef GIF by South Park

Guillermo Del Toro got hosed. Thanks, Iger.

Oh well, we still have Crimson Peak.

celluloid

Should have been about tree fiddy.
liane cartman chef GIF by South Park

It was honestly my first thought.

It is wild how many big names, but not draw names they put in this thing.

I think Jamie Lee Curtis is a pretty cool lady, but her, Owen, Devito(as memorable as he is to this young gen) and Owen Wilson and then the others really racked this thing up in cost, unnecessarily so.

This thing is coming off of Barbie and Oppenheimer being critically and commercially amazing.
Then Ninja Turtles for the kids the following week and Meg2 for the cheesey fun crowd.

I don't see Disney's 145 million budget efforts exactly flying.

Lilofan

I remember the $5 all day on Tuesday to see movies at my local theatre. It was actually a cost effective day. Workout at nearby Planet Fitness , eat all u can eat pizza on PF monthly pizza night then see a $5 current released movie.

FettFan

Oh my sweet baby Jesus…

They actually gave this movie to the person that wrote the awful gender swap ghostbusters?!?

I mean…have they checked the HVAC in burbank recently???

Gotta be black slime in there…mercury…brain eating amoeba…SOMETHING!!

We all knew the caliber of her writing when Danny DeVito got into an argument with Madame Leota about paying $3.

MrPromey

Since it doesn't appear to have been mentioned yet, I'll just drop this here and wait for @Sirwalterraleigh's head to explode:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Since it doesn't appear to have been mentioned yet, I'll just drop this here and wait for @Sirwalterraleigh's head to explode:

I saw it on another thread and I’m intentionally not reading it 😎

And remember: THR is usually in the bag FOR Iger…

MrPromey

I saw it on another thread and I’m intentionally not reading it 😎

And remember: THR is usually in the bag FOR Iger…
Funny you mention that because the tone of the entire article is negative. It reads very poorly for Bob.

... and then it ends on a weirdly pixie-dust like note of optimism encouraging us to not count him out!

But no, I wouldn't say this reflects positively on him AT ALL.

In fact, some of the head exploding stuff is them mentioning things you've been saying for years.

Last edited:

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member

If you did it right and with a little planning you could pay the dollar and watch 2 movies. Sometimes 3.

So in theory it could turn into a $0.333 movie. But the popcorn was expensive. It cost more than the movie. That’s how they got you.

Maybe Disney should look into selling a special edition HM popcorn bucket. Only available in theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom