News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Funny you mention that because the tone of the entire article is negative. It reads very poorly for Bob.

... and then it ends on a weirdly pixie-dust like note of optimism encouraging us to not count him out!

But no, I wouldn't say this reflects positively on him AT ALL.

In fact, some of the head exploding stuff is them mentioning stuff you've been saying for years.
Don’t acknowledge that…it will upset all the people who lecture me but blindly follow Disney like children on a sugar rush

Lilofan

Since it doesn't appear to have been mentioned yet, I'll just drop this here and wait for @Sirwalterraleigh's head to explode:

What remains to be heard is if during the next Disney earnings public conference call with Wall Street will the analysts ask highly paid Bob some tough questions namely this matter during Q&A.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What remains to be heard is if during the next Disney earnings public conference call with Wall Street will the analysts ask highly paid Bob some tough questions namely this matter during Q&A.
It’s a real test of how much his clout has eroded? He enjoyed 15 years of never being questioned. But literally nothing under the roof is going the right way…as it stands…

Tha Realest

It’s a real test of how much his clout has eroded? He enjoyed 15 years of never being questioned. But literally nothing under the roof is going the right way…as it stands…
He’s really aimless without Mucha. No way 1) he goes into an interview such as that so underprepared and 2) that a trade like Variety would write that story without fear of retribution.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
Premium Member
At this point Disney desperately needs a momentum builder.

Sadly, with the slate of movies they’ve got lined up, I just don’t see it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they’ll all flop. I’m sure there will be some, if not many, that will turn a profit.

But what they need now is that “Frozen”, that First “Pirates of the Caribbean”. Something that far exceeds the expectations. Then equally as important. They need to build on that momentum.

JoeCamel

At this point Disney desperately needs a momentum builder.

Sadly, with the slate of movies they’ve got lined up, I just don’t see it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying they’ll all flop. I’m sure there will be some, if not many, that will turn a profit.

But what they need now is that “Frozen”, that First “Pirates of the Caribbean”. Something that far exceeds the expectations. Then equally as important. They need to build on that momentum.
They need a Barbie......

FettFan

They need a Barbie......

Too bad they never struck while the iron was hot and made that Toy Story spinoff for Jodi Benson and Michael Keaton.

Toy Story 3 GIF

Last edited:

Indy_UK

I am loving that with the writers strike, Igers name is constantly being called out. He has single handedly destroyed his own reputation with his comments.

He not going to be able to throw someone else under the bus about this. He has to own it.

His ‘ride of a lifetime’ is completely de-railing from the plan and I am all here for it

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom