News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
You know who would have put a stop to all this nonsense in about 3 days with a knife in Peltz's back?

Zenia-Mucha-Featured-Management-1.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If anyone is silly enough to try and claim Iger really, really meant to leave in the past but he just couldn't find a qualified successor... I have a bunch of prime real estate in southern Florida I would be willing to sell you for a great price. After all, if you're stupid enough to buy that line of BS "thinking", you'll snap up this sweetheart deal in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:

"No, really, Bob meant to leave at the end of his contracts in the past! Honest!"

id buy that for a dollar GIF

WoundedDreamer

You know who would have put a stop to all this nonsense in about 3 days with a knife in Peltz's back?

View attachment 774732
In the new woman's defense, I think she's done a pretty good job of handling the press. I've been impressed by Disney's handling of this proxy fight. I may not agree, but I can admire good communications work when I see it. Same goes for their battle in Florida. They can't stop winning in the mainstream media. Disney gets what it pays for!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
In the new woman's defense, I think she's done a pretty good job of handling the press. I've been impressed by Disney's handling of this proxy fight. I may not agree, but I can admire good communications work when I see it. Same goes for their battle in Florida. They can't stop winning in the mainstream media. Disney gets what it pays for!
She may be good, but she's no Zenia. ;)

BrianLo

It is looking like the market is pricing a Peltz defeat. I think the FT interview did him no favours.

Which is a bit funny, one of the reliable elements that Peltz seems to pride himself on is being cold and monetarily focused. But I think he is losing the plot on this one. I mean clearly it’s the embittered past employees in the wings advising in some part.

I think Disneys scorched earth policy is they don’t want any window left open for this to happen again this decade.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It is looking like the market is pricing a Peltz defeat. I think the FT interview did him no favours.

Which is a bit funny, one of the reliable elements that Peltz seems to pride himself on is being cold and monetarily focused. But I think he is losing the plot on this one. I mean clearly it’s the embittered past employees in the wings advising in some part.

I think Disneys scorched earth policy is they don’t want any window left open for this to happen again this decade.
He’s old and cranky. So the comments aren’t shocking at all.
But the alternative has a really bad record coming to light in another way: he’s lost the ability to make investors more money. Believed his own BS.
The strategy might fail, but how would it “blow up?”

And if you like Disney, why would such a disastrous development make you laugh?

What do you think of Peltz’s widely reported recent comments?
If the investment funds don’t buy iger’s routine and they don’t vote with him…that would be the detonation

It’s not impossible. His schtick isn’t nearly as clever as it’s been made out to be over the years on fan sites

Tha Realest

Disney's communications and shareholder relations teams are going in overdrive. I'm getting the sense that Peltz is unprepared for the full-on assault of Disney PR in the mainstream media. He's not the first though. I could tell DeSantis also got somewhat overwhelmed by the full-court press Disney's communications team conducted. This leaked story about Trian not voting for Iger is a good example. An "anonymous" person "familiar with the matter" leaks Trian didn't vote for Iger. This is the sort of tactics that gets used in political campaigns. Peltz has not been nearly as effective at responding to Disney's assaults.

Does that mean that Peltz is going to lose? Not necessarily. While losses in the mainstream-media space hurt, I don't think they'll end up being decisive. But the more stuff Disney can dredge up, the better for their outcome.

I'm still waiting for how the Murdoch family votes. That's going to be an essential one. My initial inclination was that their blocks of shares would vote for Iger. But...

"Rupert Murdoch is a good friend of mine."
~Nelson Peltz

I've tried to figure out their current ownership. I saw some rumors that the shares were divided amongst the family members. Lachlan, I could see leaning Iger. But if Rupert still has 4%+ of Disney under his control and is friends with Peltz... I mean, that could be significant. That would be quite the betrayal though.

We're going to need to see what happens in the next few days on endorsements. I'm still anticipating an Oprah Winfrey and Steven Spielberg to come out in favor of Iger. They're well-liked people who are friends with Iger. Many more surrogates are in the wings waiting for their reveal!
I think Lachlan is decidedly more…how do i put it? …cosmopolitan than his father, or desirous of the love and adulation from the elites than his dad.

As to the Disney PR campaign? Yes, they are adept. Yes, they have deep contacts. And yes much of this is orchestrated. But this isn’t them lying in wait to drop the equivalent of an “October surprise.” It’s merely signal boosting a recent interview by Peltz himself. It’s a forced error* on Peltz’s part, which Disney is legitimately capitalizing on.

*Michael Kinsley once famously defined a Washington DC gaffe as an accidental, inadvertent moment of truth telling.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think Lachlan is decidedly more…how do i put it? …cosmopolitan than his father, or desirous of the love and adulation from the elites than his dad.

As to the Disney PR campaign? Yes, they are adept. Yes, they have deep contacts. And yes much of this is orchestrated. But this isn’t them lying in wait to drop the equivalent of an “October surprise.” It’s merely signal boosting a recent interview by Peltz himself. It’s a forced error* on Peltz’s part, which Disney is legitimately capitalizing on.

*Michael Kinsley once famously defined a Washington DC gaffe as an accidental, inadvertent moment of truth telling.
Something is still missing from this whole twisted affair…

…someone is trying “too hard” based upon the events to date

SamusAranX

If anyone is silly enough to try and claim Iger really, really meant to leave in the past but he just couldn't find a qualified successor... I have a bunch of prime real estate in southern Florida I would be willing to sell you for a great price. After all, if you're stupid enough to buy that line of BS "thinking", you'll snap up this sweetheart deal in a heartbeat. :rolleyes:

"No, really, Bob meant to leave at the end of his contracts in the past! Honest!"

It astounds me that people still believe that Iger left and courageously rode in on his horse to save the day

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

The now famous cnbc expose of the chapek/Iger story - which clearly people here did not read - leaves no doubt

Casper Gutman

"cosmopolitan." You probably don't want to put it like that.

And how was this a "forced" error?

Casper Gutman

I 101% do…because it was never a binary choice

…nor is a 8.3% share of a voting block “power”
OK, so you advocate voting for the existing board? Because either Disney or Trian is going to win - that's the definition of "binary."

And yes, a seat on the Board is power. That's why everyone is exerting so much effort and capitol to get it. It's why you think that a Trian victory would deeply effect Iger.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
OK, so you advocate voting for the existing board? Because either Disney or Trian is going to win - that's the definition of "binary."

And yes, a seat on the Board is power. That's why everyone is exerting so much effort and capitol to get it. It's why you think that a Trian victory would deeply effect Iger.
Nope…for the 4,002nd time…the ceo is bad and the board is awful. So I didn’t vote for any of them.

I have zero interest in a trian victory…so we’re up to 4003

Tha Realest

Something is still missing from this whole twisted affair…

…someone is trying “too hard” based upon the events to date
Yes and no. I do think the zealousness in their own defense suggests they are not in the position of strength they’re trying to project. But I also feel Iger’s ego can’t help but mount this sort of defense of his record.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom