News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Casper Gutman

Peltz was complaining about casting decisions just a few days ago. He straight up said the type of process and workflow he wants to review.
Which perfectly echoed his ally Perlmutter’s past attempts to interfere in the studio’s creative processes.

I stress again - this desire to limit diversity in the MCU, his demand to keep “politics out of the boardroom” (by encouraging continued business with Russia), his attack on Feige, and his pledge to keep Iger as CEO are pretty much the ONLY ideas for “fixing” Disney he presents in a lengthy puff piece.

So… what part of that will save Disney from the dastardly Iger?

TalkingHead

Innocently asking this: Has Feige ever expressed a passion for movies besides MCU content? Reason I ask is because I get the impression he’s a brand manager more than a movie maker, which would explain why the MCU productions seem to be so uneven in the creative arts. He seems more interested in each entry functioning as a commercial for the next thing. That makes him more of a Barnum than a DeMille.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Innocently asking this: Has Feige ever expressed a passion for movies besides MCU content? Reason I ask is because I get the impression he’s a brand manager more than a movie maker, which would explain why the MCU productions seem to be so uneven in the creative arts. He seems more interested in each entry functioning as a commercial for the next thing. That makes him more of a Barnum than a DeMille.
He was supposedly was supposed to develop a Star Wars…

…but they continue to be so adrift in wilderness there you can’t rule out that was an attempt at attention merely to garner attention

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which perfectly echoed his ally Perlmutter’s past attempts to interfere in the studio’s creative processes.

I stress again - this desire to limit diversity in the MCU, his demand to keep “politics out of the boardroom” (by encouraging continued business with Russia), his attack on Feige, and his pledge to keep Iger as CEO are pretty much the ONLY ideas for “fixing” Disney he presents in a lengthy puff piece.

So… what part of that will save Disney from the dastardly Iger?

Not that I dispute you point about Putz and Oldermuter…

…but asking Iger to save Disney from Iger is a tall order

When someone shows you who they are - believe them

Trauma

None of this would be happening if Iger had an actual successor plan and had someone better than Chapek to replace him.

The truth is he never planned on leaving, but he got the call about COVID and left the company like the coward he is to preserve his ego.

He has shown who he is and it’s pathetic and revolting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
None of this would be happening if Iger had an actual successor plan and had someone better than Chapek to replace him.

The truth is he never planned on leaving, but he got the call about COVID and left the company like the coward he is to preserve his ego.

He has shown who he is and it’s pathetic and revolting.

But we’re not supposed to consider that or the collateral damage that’s being realized now…

How many times have we had to watch this bad soap opera: “pleassse, Bob, stay! We can’t survive without you!!!”??

Four? Was more than once enough?
And here’s the truth down to the bone: when he quit like a coward (embarrassingly the ONLY major ceo who did so…like a school teacher that decided to retire a year early) and left Slaphead in charge…he should have never been allowed back. What a pathetic charade this has been…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Cool conspiracy, bro.
It’s NOT.

King idiot told Bob Woodward that the estimates on economic reduction were known in January or February…that started popping on state/defense/treasury radar in December.

And that info would have been sent down the economic pipeline.

Who quit in February?

Is this the problem? People never bothered to do the backtracking and still don’t know what happened?
Because thats low rent

Casper Gutman

Not that I dispute you point about Putz and Oldermuter…

…but asking Iger to save Disney from Iger is a tall order

When someone shows you who they are - believe them
Peltz is the alternative to the status quo.

You can type as many meaningless words as you like and ignore Peltz’s past statements and actions as steadfastly as possible but it doesn’t change that reality.

LSLS

Cool conspiracy, bro.
I mean, the alternative is with his connections in China and the Govt., he never heard a peep about how the economy could be affected or how bad the infections were, and just one day woke up and said "You know what, I'm quiting today. Well, I don't really want to quit, I think I can still be over Bob and keep my office, but I want him taking the credit for everything as we prosper even further. But definitely doing it TODAY, effective now, just cause."

Lilofan

I mean, the alternative is with his connections in China and the Govt., he never heard a peep about how the economy could be affected or how bad the infections were, and just one day woke up and said "You know what, I'm quiting today. Well, I don't really want to quit, I think I can still be over Bob and keep my office, but I want him taking the credit for everything as we prosper even further. But definitely doing it TODAY, effective now, just cause."
You could substitute connections with many worldwide companies doing business with China. It is a I help you you help me mindset.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah, Iger was so eager to run away from COVID that:
  • he stayed on for almost 2 years as Executive Chair of BoD and Chief Creative Officer to 'help' Chapek during the year of the COVID lockdowns
  • he actively re-took control of operations during the lockdowns
I know many of you think Iger is incompetent. But if his plan was to ditch Disney during the pandemic, then, boy, you're all right -- he did it in the most incompetent way possible by staying on and running things.

It's almost as if people don't care about facts...

Trauma

Yeah, Iger was so eager to run away from COVID that:
  • he stayed on for almost 2 years as Executive Chair of BoD and Chief Creative Officer to 'help' Chapek during the year of the COVID lockdowns
  • he actively re-took control of operations during the lockdowns
I know many of you think Iger is incompetent. But if his plan was to ditch Disney during the pandemic, then, boy, you're all right -- he did it in the most incompetent way possible by staying on and running things.

It's almost as if people don't care about facts...
This is pure comedy gold.

el_super

This is pure comedy gold.

Why? There's plenty of evidence Iger was trying to find a replacement and plan to exit, all the way back when he choose Staggs as his successor. Or the fact that he had to keep announcing his retirement, only to be extended again. I think it's pretty clear that Iger wasn't the major roadblock, if a roadblock at all, to finding a successor.

Dranth

It’s NOT.

King idiot told Bob Woodward that the estimates on economic reduction were known in January or February…that started popping on state/defense/treasury radar in December.

And that info would have been sent down the economic pipeline.

Who quit in February?

Is this the problem? People never bothered to do the backtracking and still don’t know what happened?
Because thats low rent
More importantly to the question at hand, does it really matter in the current situation? Our choices are:
  • Bob Iger with the current board, who was spending money on the parks before he left and is now spending money on the parks again. Even more importantly, according to some of our insiders, in a way that we may finally be happy about.
  • Bob Iger with Peltz, someone who has a LONG track record of sucking the life out of companies to drive up stock prices though he even fails at that fairly regularly. The same guy who thinks Jay “I hate the parks” Rasulo is a good idea. The same guy who wants to pause spending because it is too much. The same person who wants the board actively involved in casting. The same guy who thought Bob Chapek was great and making all the right moves.
  • Bob Iger with a slate of Blackwell members who want to gut entertainment and have characters, scripts created/written by AI.

Logically, one of those choices has a much higher probability of a positive outcome for fans than the others.

I know you hope enough of the vote goes elsewhere so that Iger gets the message, but that is just going to lead to more stock first behavior which is not going to help fans at all. Personally, I think you may well get your wish with a large enough chunk of the vote going to alternative board members. I just hope they don't cut back investment to throw more money into things like buybacks to help satisfy the Trian/Blackwell voters.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
More importantly to the question at hand, does it really matter in the current situation? Our choices are:
  • Bob Iger with the current board, who was spending money on the parks before he left and is now spending money on the parks again. Even more importantly, according to some of our insiders, in a way that we may finally be happy about.
  • Bob Iger with Peltz, someone who has a LONG track record of sucking the life out of companies to drive up stock prices though he even fails at that fairly regularly. The same guy who thinks Jay “I hate the parks” Rasulo is a good idea. The same guy who wants to pause spending because it is too much. The same person who wants the board actively involved in casting. The same guy who thought Bob Chapek was great and making all the right moves.
  • Bob Iger with a slate of Blackwell members who want to gut entertainment and have characters, scripts created/written by AI.

Logically, one of those choices has a much higher probability of a positive outcome for fans than the others.

I know you hope enough of the vote goes elsewhere so that Iger gets the message, but that is just going to lead to more stock first behavior which is not going to help fans at all. Personally, I think you may well get your wish with a large enough chunk of the vote going to alternative board members. I just hope they don't cut back investment to throw more money into things like buybacks to help satisfy the Trian/Blackwell voters.

So then carte Blanche to Iger again?

Got it.

Next week I’ll be starting my own magic beans online store…I’ll make sure everyone here gets a 10% coupon 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Iger quickly put Chapek forward to take the wrap for everything that happened during Covid but kept his office seat warm during that time because he didn’t actually intend to leave.
But Disney didn’t have a press conference confirming that…even though every single event reinforces it…

So we can’t make that jump

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom