News The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors Extends Robert A. Iger’s Contract as CEO Through 2026

Casper Gutman

Nope…for the 4,002nd time…the ceo is bad and the board is awful. So I didn’t vote for any of them.

I have zero interest in a trian victory…so we’re up to 4003
The ceo is bad (for the parks) and the board is awful (for the parks).

Trian will be much, much worse for the parks and the studios and everything else.

Either Trian or the existing board will win. There is no other realistic outcome.

For the 4,002nd time.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The ceo is bad (for the parks) and the board is awful (for the parks).

Trian will be much, much worse for the parks and the studios and everything else.

Either Trian or the existing board will win. There is no other realistic outcome.

For the 4,002nd time.
Actually…they’re bad for the parks, the studios, mass media…and all of that is lesser than longterm brand erosion

…but I haven’t given it much thought

And Trian is not proposing a full slate of alternate board members…basic math continues to be elusive here

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
OK, so you advocate voting for the existing board? Because either Disney or Trian is going to win - that's the definition of "binary."

And yes, a seat on the Board is power. That's why everyone is exerting so much effort and capitol to get it. It's why you think that a Trian victory would deeply effect Iger.

I could tell you what the best - pie in the sky - outcome would be…

But you’ll just ask me for the 4,004th time if I like Peltz… which would give that question a league leading 0.000% batting average…
And deny the coveted “gotcha” that is useless and unproductive anyway.

But I’m just a dreamer 🤔💭

Casper Gutman

Actually…they’re bad for the parks, the studios, mass media…and all of that is lesser than longterm brand erosion

…but I haven’t given it much thought

And Trian is not proposing a full slate of alternate board members…basic math continues to be elusive here
You sure haven't given it much thought if you're trying to argue that Iger has been bad for the studios or "mass media."

What have you read about corporate raiders? Where does your knowledge on the topic come from?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
OK, so you advocate voting for the existing board? Because either Disney or Trian is going to win - that's the definition of "binary."

And yes, a seat on the Board is power. That's why everyone is exerting so much effort and capitol to get it. It's why you think that a Trian victory would deeply effect Iger.
Walt's stance is to select Withhold on the proxy card to send a message to the Board and specifically to Iger. While I agree with him its an "option" making the decision not "binary", I don't agree with him on reasoning for using it and the effect it'll have. The issue is that not enough with use the Withhold option and it won't have the effect of changing any minds, ie Iger won't pull an Eisner and resign. And so it'll still come down to a 3 or ultimately 2 way option, Iger vs Trian with a minor going toward Blackwell. So really a "Withhold" vote is going to end up being a throwaway vote similar to just abstaining.

But really is it the "3rd option" (technically 4th) that he keeps talking about.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You sure haven't given it much thought if you're trying to argue that Iger has been bad for the studios or "mass media."

What have you read about corporate raiders? Where does your knowledge on the topic come from?
What new Chicago text are you reading that indicates 1 or 2 of 12 seats can force the breakup and firesale of one of the most widely held by public investment funds companies? Let alone without management on its side…

Cause that’s out of the box thinking.

And their mass media is in a ton of flux RIGHT NOW…and their studios are producing content that the audience is rejecting RIGHT NOW…

Casper Gutman

Walt's stance is to select Withhold on the proxy card to send a message to the Board and specifically to Iger. While I agree with him its an "option" making the decision not "binary", I don't agree with him on reasoning for using it and the effect it'll have. The issue is that not enough with use the Withhold option and it won't have the effect of changing any minds, ie Iger won't pull an Eisner and resign. And so it'll still come down to a 3 or ultimately 2 way option, Iger vs Trian with a minor going toward Blackwell. So really a "Withhold" vote is going to end up being a throwaway vote similar to just abstaining.

But really is it the "3rd option" (technically 4th) that he keeps talking about.
The point is that the outcome is binary. Either Trian gets a seat on the board or they don't.

Sure, there are an infinite number of things any individual voter can do. They can stand on their head and stick their vote up their nose. The outcome remains binary - either the status quo continues or things get much worse. That's it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

At least your cerebral battery is still connected to the engine…more than I can say for the gotcha king and the two Orlando lurking “imagineers”…

It’s not gonna happen…but it should:

One or two of the larger investment blocks withhold their board votes…which means they are all appointed with 30-40% withheld. Peltz is gone…receiving not enough support to make a blip.

The stock then takes a dive…as the lack of management trust/turmoil causes the supercomputers to short sell it (which they probably get paid with bogus “insurance” policies anyway) for a period of time.

If Iger does the smart thing…he announces his resignation and succession begins.

But since they have no succession because he’ll never leave (tried that…and oh did he not like the cold darkness outside of the lights)…the board would then be beholden to the institutional investors to just “get it done”…at warp 9, Mr. Sulu. The ferret is neutralized.

Then things stabilize…the soap opera ends…and younger blood that MUST COME ANYWAY moves on.

But I’m not asking for much. 😎

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The point is that the outcome is binary. Either Trian gets a seat on the board or they don't.

Sure, there are an infinite number of things any individual voter can do. They can stand on their head and stick their vote up their nose. The outcome remains binary - either the status quo continues or things get much worse. That's it.
Oh I know, and agree, the outcome is going to end up pretty much being a binary choice. But Walt's point is that he isn't supporting anyone on either side and is Withholding his vote, how ever many that may be. And his hope is that enough come along with him to have history repeat from 2004 so Iger steps down. Its not happening, but its the hope.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

You don’t seem to understand what “binary” is…
1 seat on a board does not represent that choice…because control is not ceded to one seat

Would it be a headache? Hell yes…

But the loss of about $140,000,000,000 in market cap over the last 4 years is a tad annoying as well…to some.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
At least your cerebral battery is still connected to the engine…more than I can say for the gotcha king and the two Orlando lurking “imagineers”…

It’s not gonna happen…but it should:

One or two of the larger investment blocks withhold their board votes…which means they are all appointed with 30-40% withheld. Peltz is gone…receiving not enough support to make a blip.

The stock then takes a dive…as the lack of management trust/turmoil causes the supercomputers to short sell it (which they probably get paid with bogus “insurance” policies anyway) for a period of time.

If Iger does the smart thing…he announces his resignation and succession begins.

But since they have no succession because he’ll never leave (tried that…and oh did he not like the cold darkness outside of the lights)…the board would then be beholden to the institutional investors to just “get it done”…at warp 9, Mr. Sulu. The ferret is neutralized.

Then things stabilize…the soap opera ends…and younger blood that MUST COME ANYWAY moves on.

But I’m not asking for much. 😎
Yeah I agree you're asking for too much and it won't happen that way. And the market isn't buying it either.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Oh I know, and agree, the outcome is going to end up pretty much being a binary choice. But Walt's point is that he isn't supporting anyone on either side and is Withholding his vote, how ever many that may be. And his hope is that enough come along with him to have history repeat from 2004 so Iger steps down. Its not happening, but its the hope.
…hey…”hope” is all the rebellion needed to empower the Ewoks…

“Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? NOOOOO!”

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah I agree you're asking for too much and it won't happen that way. And the market isn't buying it either.
Of course I am…but I’m also not coming straight from the corn…

There is a very ironic template here

And the real problem isn’t soon to be dead peltz…it’s someone who can’t separate his ego from his business card…and therefore will never know when it’s time

And we passed that exit already.

And the “market” is central bank funded gambling at this point…so numbers aren’t the concern…it’s just how things “look”, not what they are.

You’re gonna have to smoke him out.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Where is the rule that says you can’t seek more seats next year?

How does Trian have a record of success without just buying the whole company and taking over the entire board?
That's my fear, but I don't think he has enough vote to even get one seat at this point. But I don't think he is going away either.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Of course I am…but I’m also not coming straight from the corn…

There is a very ironic template here

And the real problem isn’t soon to be dead peltz…it’s someone who can’t separate his ego from his business card…and therefore will never know when it’s time

And we passed that exit already.
Problem is that I don't think Peltz is going away if he loses. He'll try the end around by trying to gain favor from the outside.

You can believe it all you want, and keep repeating it endlessly, but Iger is not staying forever.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Where is the rule that says you can’t seek more seats next year?

How does Trian have a record of success without just buying the whole company and taking over the entire board?
There absolutely isn’t…which is what Peltz will do…unless they send Selena Gomez or Miley Cyrus to “kill him” in his sleep (and I bet we get a Mission: ACCOMPLISHED banner out of that one 😱)

…which is why Peltz shouldn’t be anywhere near the board

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Problem is that I don't think Peltz is going away if he loses. He'll try the end around by trying to gain favor from the outside.

You can believe it all you want, and keep repeating it endlessly, but Iger is not staying forever.
I don’t know…mother nature and Father Time are an undefeated tag team
Combo

And we all must prepare ourselves Peltz will claim victory no matter how bad he loses

And in a spin machine…he’ll be able to make that case

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom