The very first attraction I visited at WDW was?

Anthos

Mine was in 2004 and it was my very first trip, unfortunately it was with my not yet mother in law and the whole trip ended in disaster so bad I can't even remember what my first ride was :(. I want to say....Pirates?

janoimagine

Wiki lists it as opening in the MK in 1971, and closing, as Timekeeper, in 2006. Perhaps it was in the same spot? :shrug:

If memory serves ... the Circle Vision in Tomorrowland, America the Beautiful, occupied the same space as the current Monsters Inc Laugh Floor ... right next to If You Had Wings (Buzz Lightyear), right across from Mission to Mars (Stich's Great Disgrace).

Keppyslinger

I did not take my first trip to Disney until I was 39. We did not have the parker hoppers and choose our parks by the Extra Magic hours, so my wife (then girlfriend) and I went to Hollywood Studios our first night. we asked some people what to do first and we followed a young couple to the Rock and Roller Coaster. It turned out that they both worked at the parks, and they gave us the low down on how to get around.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Where exactly in the Magic Kingdom was this attraction. There was one at Disneyland but I never recall one at the Magic Kingdom.

Wiki lists it as opening in the MK in 1971, and closing, as Timekeeper, in 2006. Perhaps it was in the same spot? :shrug:

If memory serves ... the Circle Vision in Tomorrowland, America the Beautiful, occupied the same space as the current Monsters Inc Laugh Floor ... right next to If You Had Wings (Buzz Lightyear), right across from Mission to Mars (Stich's Great Disgrace).

Is the correct answer, the same layout as the timekeeper where you had to stand to watch it.

mbisenius

Does the ferryboat from the TTC count? My parents had rented a car and after my dad saw the long line for the monorail, we got on the ferry. Great feeling of anticipation as an 11 year old visiting for the first time!

SkratchyTheWolf

First ride ever: Alien Encounter... needless to say that vacation was ruined and I didn't want to go back to Disney for another 6 years. Thanks Dad.:brick:

cymbaldiva

1989 - We road-tripped down from Tuscaloosa. I think it was 20,000 Leagues, but I'm not 100% sure. What I do remember is that I was so tired from the trip that I dozed pretty much every time we sat still! :lol:

jlevis

It was 75 and our boys were 8 & 6. I'm pretty sure the first thing we did was Swiss Family Treehouse although it might have been 20,000 Leagues. The oldest was hot to ride Space Mountain which was new. Dad rode with him and when we got off I said, "Wow that was great lets do it again". Dave shook his head no and said "no way". He is 43 now and I still kid him about that. He rode it when we were there in November.

The Mom

Premium Member
Is the correct answer, the same layout as the timekeeper where you had to stand to watch it.

It may already have changed over to Timekeeper by the time I first visited in 1982? I don't remember it at all, and it definitely wasn't there when I started going really frequently ( every other month or so) in 1985. Or perhaps I felt that it wouldn't appeal to a toddler, so always skipped it. :lol:

First Ride

We went to Magic Kingdom and got the rail road train round to Frontier land. We saw the queue for Splash Mountain and got on it, not knowing what the ride was like. I then realised there was a big drop!! I think I felt sick all the way round with fear!! It is now my favourite ride!!

jwsimms42

I didn't get to take my first trip to the World until early 2001, at the age of 26. We went to MK first, taking a left into Adventureland. As it was a walk-on, my first ride was The Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

wvdisneyfamily

I know mine from each park. The Studios in 2005 was Rock n Roller Coaster (one day trip only park we went to). In 2006, the Magic Kingdom was Space Mountain, Epcot was Soarin, and Animal Kingdom was Expedition Everest.

The first ride we took DS on was Pirates. That was June of 2010. He was almost 9 months old. He liked it even then. Lately, he has been carrying his diaper bag to the door and saying "bye". I believe he is going to see Cap Jack and Tigger because he has mentioned them a lot lately.

plaz10

my first ride was "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" and it terrified me. And it made me scared of every 3D ride for the rest of the trip.

I barely rode anything that first trip. My parents are still shocked that I'm not obsessed with a place that I so greatly feared my first year. The only ride in EPCOT that didn't scare me was SSE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom