The very first attraction I visited at WDW was?

Walt Disney1955

The first attraction in 1991 was Small World. My mom claimed her friend raved about this particular ride and it was one of the first ones we saw. To this day, anytime I am in the MK it is always the first thing I do

JIMINYCR

On our first trip to WDW, we visited MK first, walked down Main Street , saw the castle and didn't have a clue where we should go from there. So we took a left turn and walked till we were in front of PotC. I had remembered seeing that featured on The Wonderful World of Disney TV show and we did that as our very first ride!!! Have been in love with WDW ever since.

CaptainJackNO

I was 6 years old and it was It's a small world. Keep in mind, this was 1981, Epcot Center was in the construction stages. I remember it was just magical. I can go on and on. If you had wings, Mission to the Moon, Mr. Toad, 20,000 leagues under the sea, the Empress Lilly. Man, that was when WDW hooked me for the long haul.

I remember, in those days, they actually stamped your ticket and they had these big blacklights that would show the hand stamp for re-entry. I remember my parents bought me one of those plain old blue, rubber Mickey head balloons. When we were going through the blacklight for re-entry, I was carrying my balloon and one of the ears went under the blacklight and it shrunk it. Wow. This was a great topic.

This is also when the only hotels on property were Fort Wilderness, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, and the Disney Inn. Memories.....

mergatroid

Original Poster
1982 - Spaceship Earth

When we exited, we were greeted by a CM who showed us how to make lunch and dinner reservations using the kiosks. (which were right there)

Were they the ones where you saw them on a screen and spoke to them live?

mergatroid

Original Poster
When I took my wife the first time it was the TTA, straight on and a chance to get an overview and feel of Tomorrowland. As it hit the darkness of Space Mountain she became very anxious that it was going to turn into a white knuckle ride itself despite numerous reassurances from myself :hammer:

mergatroid

Original Poster
When I took my wife for the first time the first thing she did was the TTA. I thought it would be a nice relaxing introduction and give her a general feel of Tomorrowland. All went well until it hit the darkness of Space Mountain and she heard the screams and believed I'd tricked her into going on a roller coaster despite my reassurances :hammer:

Sorry for some reason I couldn't access page 3? Repeat post

The Mom

Premium Member
Were they the ones where you saw them on a screen and spoke to them live?

Indeed they were. And it was still possible to get same day reservations to most restaurants, although Chefs de France was usually full unless you reserved first thing in the morning. People with an AP could reserve 24 hours in advance, so we often had my SIL do it for us. We would frequently meet them for dinner.
Canada still had a buffet type restaurant, so it was where you would go if you couldn't get into a full service restaurant. You could usually walk into most restaurants, or have a short wait - except for Italy & France, and the UK near fireworks time.

mergatroid

Original Poster
Indeed they were. And it was still possible to get same day reservations to most restaurants, although Chefs de France was usually full unless you reserved first thing in the morning. People with an AP could reserve 24 hours in advance, so we often had my SIL do it for us. We would frequently meet them for dinner.
Canada still had a buffet type restaurant, so it was where you would go if you couldn't get into a full service restaurant. You could usually walk into most restaurants, or have a short wait - except for Italy & France, and the UK near fireworks time.

Ah happy memories! My wife and I have reservations for the rose and crown for IllumiNations in October this year. Unfortunately they were made over the net 5 months in advance but we're still excited and looking forward to it. Wow your post brings back memories of my dad making reservations on the screens and the woman politely telling him she could hear him fine and he didn't have to yell :lol:

Larry Mondello

Circle Vision 360 in the MK in the late 70's to see 'America the Beautiful'. To be honest as a 7 year old kid it wasn't the most exciting of attractions to visit and seemed to go on a bit too long, but I can still remember being amazed at the flying effects. I'd already fallen in love with the MK after getting off the monorail, going through the turnstiles and stepping onto Main Street USA so even watching an 18 minute presentation standing up wasn't too bad. I seem to remember that even though back then you had ticket books, that this attraction was free though I could be wrong about that?

So what was everybody else's introduction to WDW :shrug:

Where exactly in the Magic Kingdom was this attraction. There was one at Disneyland but I never recall one at the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom