The very first attraction I visited at WDW was?

Chrononymous

1983...and it was Spaceship Earth.

All I remember was that I was a teenager who loved the concept of dark rides, and it just blew me away.

When my Mom finally made it to WDW, I took her to Captain EO and the original journey into Imagination as her first attractions.

mergatroid

Original Poster
It may already have changed over to Timekeeper by the time I first visited in 1982? I don't remember it at all, and it definitely wasn't there when I started going really frequently ( every other month or so) in 1985. Or perhaps I felt that it wouldn't appeal to a toddler, so always skipped it. :lol:

Couldfn't remember the year either, however wikipedia states

The attraction had long been on the Discoveryland USA proposal for the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort. However, when financial difficulties arose because of the EuroDisney Project, this Discoveryland project was canceled.[5][6] At one point, the attraction was to be extended into a restaurant featured next door to the attraction. The Plaza Pavilion was to receive a makeover as the "Astronomer's Club", where a stage would have featured actors portraying famed scientists such as Leonardo Da Vinci, Isaac Newton or Galileo, who would appear in the restaurant, and then be called back to the past by either 9-Eyes or Timekeeper.

However, the film was named From Time to Time and opened in the Magic Kingdom's Circle-Vision Theater, rechristened "Transportarium" on November 21, 1994 as part of the New Tomorrowland expansion. Six months later, the attraction underwent some name changes. The Theater was renamed "Tomorrowland Metropolis Science Center", and the film was formally known as The Timekeeper.

I'm sure if Martin sees this post he'll know for sure!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom