The very first attraction I visited at WDW was?

mergatroid

Original Poster
Circle Vision 360 in the MK in the late 70's to see 'America the Beautiful'. To be honest as a 7 year old kid it wasn't the most exciting of attractions to visit and seemed to go on a bit too long, but I can still remember being amazed at the flying effects. I'd already fallen in love with the MK after getting off the monorail, going through the turnstiles and stepping onto Main Street USA so even watching an 18 minute presentation standing up wasn't too bad. I seem to remember that even though back then you had ticket books, that this attraction was free though I could be wrong about that?

So what was everybody else's introduction to WDW :shrug:

mrsdanalind

First thing we did.

We came down to visit Dh's now deceased sister( two years ago), who with her late husband had been coming here since WDW opened in the 70's. We stopped at Dumbo's ride so our three kids can ride. The look on the kids faces when they saw the castle for the first time was beyond my poor words to describe. the look on my late sister inlaws face was a mix of pride that she could show us this magic place, and sadness that her beloved husband wasn't here to share it with us. It is a memory picture that will never fade.:)

mergatroid

Original Poster
We came down to visit Dh's now deceased sister( two years ago), who with her late husband had been coming here since WDW opened in the 70's. We stopped at Dumbo's ride so our three kids can ride. The look on the kids faces when they saw the castle for the first time was beyond my poor words to describe. the look on my late sister inlaws face was a mix of pride that she could show us this magic place, and sadness that her beloved husband wasn't here to share it with us. It is a memory picture that will never fade.:)

To be honest it's one of the few rides I've never done at Disney (with no kids I'm a bit too old now). A lovely story about the castle viewing there, I can often spot 'first timers' by their reaction and comments as they enter the MK :)

WDWGoof07

I was quite young on my first trip, so I don't remember exactly which was my first ride. For whatever reason, I have a strong feeling it must have been Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (RIP).

The Duck

The year was 1975 and I was 13. We entered Adventureland and one of the first things that we saw was this little guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT7uaKSio2U He persuaded us to see the Tiki Birds as our first attraction and my family instantly fell in love with the show. So glad that something "reminiscient" of the original show is coming back!

The Mom

Premium Member
1982 - Spaceship Earth

When we exited, we were greeted by a CM who showed us how to make lunch and dinner reservations using the kiosks. (which were right there)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom