The Universal Rumors thread

Laurilee

Stay on Uni property (which gets you unlimited express pass for length of stay) then buy 2 day park hopper.
Already staying at WDW with a Free dining PIN I had received so staying on Universal's property is a no go which is why it gets so expensive buyin these tickets just not sure if Park to Park is good We don't even do the park hopping at WDW!

BryceM

Already staying at WDW with a Free dining PIN I had received so staying on Universal's property is a no go which is why it gets so expensive buyin these tickets just not sure if Park to Park is good We don't even do the park hopping at WDW!
Unlike Disney, the parks are literally steps away from one another, making park-hopping very easy (unlike at WDW).

danpam1024

We hop too- but we have AP. as for EP-IF we aren't staying on property, we go to the parks and see if we need the EP and buy them there. If you're short on time and want to do as much as possible, unlimited isn't really worth the cost (from personal experience). We just went at the beginning of the month and bough unlimited EP (nearly $200 for 2 of us- I almost had a heart attack) and the only thing we rode multiple times was MIB (because I was on a winning streak!) We only bought the pass for the studios, and left in the late afternoon and went over to IOA. It was raining, so the crowds thinned out and we didn't have long waits :)

ParentsOf4

Even though I'd love to see SL get an update, JP needs one badly. River Adventure is not 45-60 minute waits now, Just yesterday and the day before I was there and both days were hot, humid, and steamy days. The most wait for it I saw was 15 minuets, and Rip Saw Falls was shut down. I've always liked JP but it seems Universal hasn't touched it besides taking out Triceratops Encounter, which personally I think they should bring back. PF is a ride for the young ones it always is pushing 60+ wait times, but that's because no express and the ride doesn't really have that many cars on the track plus only 2 people per car can really make wait times bad. I love JP and I think it's time for a face lift and a new mine trian ride, possibly to compete with the Seven Dwarfs Mine train.
JP needs a refurb. I wonder if it's intentionally being left to "age" because of the rumored big plans for it. If true, JP will be getting a complete makeover pretty soon.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and during the hottest part of the day the wait time was over 60 minutes for River Adventure. Conversely, it was a walk-on after 6 PM.

danpam1024

The Express Passes that you pay for are good for only one ride per attraction.

My suggestion is to stay one night onsite at the Royal Pacific and get unlimited Express Passes for 2 full days for free. Your onsite Express Passes are good for the entire check-in and check-out days.

On the first day, show up to your hotel at 7:30 AM and pick up your Express Passes even if your room is not ready. On the second day, check-out in the morning, leave your luggage with concierge, and head to the parks. One night at the Royal Pacific is $274.

You'll find this is less expensive than purchasing the limited Express Passes for 3 or 4 people for 2 days. The park-to-park Express Pass Plus will cost $92 per person for the Saturday and Sunday before Thanksgiving. Multiple that by at least 3 and you're up to $276. Thus, staying on site for one night is essentially free and gives you Universal's unlimited Express Pass for both theme parks.

With 16 and 14 year-old boys in tow, you'll find there are certain attractions they'll want to experience over and over again. You'll really appreciate the unlimited Express Pass.

With regard to hopping, a 2-day non-hopper is $126 while a 2-day hopper is $147. In my experience, you'll probably end up wanting to hop at least one of the two days and the $21 is, IMHO, so little compared to what you are spending big picture that it's not worth letting it limit your options.

Also consider purchasing one Preferred Annual Pass (PAP). A Uni PAP costs $280 and functions as your theme park ticket. PAP hotel rates at the Royal Pacific are $184 per night. So you save $96 per night. If you intend to visit a Uni hotel for more than one night in the following 12 months, a PAP could save a lot of money. But you'll have to go to the park to pick this up before checking in. It means a lot of walking back-and-forth if you are trying to cram this into one morning.

you CAN purchase unlimited as well- it is CRAZY expensive (and I will NEVER do it again!)
and you can by the EP anywhere inside the parks- we got ours at Kwik-E-Mart!

danpam1024

So is Pastamore out or just getting a facelift? When I was there this weekend, it looked opened, but the side facing the walkway to the garage was walled off.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Over the last fifteen years I have come up with so many ideas and concepts for a themed water theme park...something with so much to do, that it'd easily be a full day experience.

Anybody want to give me about $200 million dollars to build it? I'd let you guys reap the benefits as well as free admission! ;)

I love that idea, however I think 200 million is a little on the low side. I'm guessing around 500 would get it done, if you wanted to theme everything.

cheezbat

I love that idea, however I think 200 million is a little on the low side. I'm guessing around 500 would get it done, if you wanted to theme everything.
The new Yaz Waterworld Waterpark in the Middle East opened full scale, themed for somewhere between $200-$250 million. It's possible to build an excellently themed Waterpark for that. I just figured I'd start around $200 million and work my way up if I ever had the chance to open my own mega themed Waterpark!

flynnibus

Premium Member
They use a lot of slave labor in the Middle east or near slave labor, also their work standards are less than ours as far as safety etc. Can't compare build cost there to build cost here.

they also import basically everything.. including skilled labor. So things kind of balance out :)

HTF

Just throwing it out there that SeaWorld built Aquatica for around 40 Million, parking lot and all lol. Give Universal 100 Million and you will have the best waterpark in Orlando I assure you. All of WetnWilds additions in the last decade are able to be relocated with new theming around them...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom