The Universal Rumors thread

IWant2GoNow

I know my wording is going to sound odd, but has anyone ever considered doing an all water-themed amusement park? I'll try to explain what I mean below.

I'm not talking like TL or BB where all you have are wave pools & water slides. I mean, all water based attractions. For example, putting things like Splash Mountain, Ripsaw Falls, Popeye, KRR, etc. into a park along with wave pools & water slides?

Some people don't enjoy doing water rides in regular amusement parks because they don't want to walk around soaked all day (Florida sun or not). If there were a park like what I mentioned, guests could just plan a day for that park knowing in advance they will be wet & riding water rides & attractions all day. I think UNI could create a new & more wet version of Jaws to headline a park like that. Then fill it in with a raft ride like Popeye, & a couple dark flume rides, or maybe a water shooting ride like MiB but with water guns instead, & of course your token wave pool, water slides, lazy river, etc.

Sorry, just got my brain clicking & wondered if this had ever been considered or blue-skied at all.

FutureWorld1982

I know my wording is going to sound odd, but has anyone ever considered doing an all water-themed amusement park? I'll try to explain what I mean below.

I'm not talking like TL or BB where all you have are wave pools & water slides. I mean, all water based attractions. For example, putting things like Splash Mountain, Ripsaw Falls, Popeye, KRR, etc. into a park along with wave pools & water slides?

Some people don't enjoy doing water rides in regular amusement parks because they don't want to walk around soaked all day (Florida sun or not). If there were a park like what I mentioned, guests could just plan a day for that park knowing in advance they will be wet & riding water rides & attractions all day. I think UNI could create a new & more wet version of Jaws to headline a park like that. Then fill it in with a raft ride like Popeye, & a couple dark flume rides, or maybe a water shooting ride like MiB but with water guns instead, & of course your token wave pool, water slides, lazy river, etc.

Sorry, just got my brain clicking & wondered if this had ever been considered or blue-skied at all.

You know, I always wondered why nobody has done that here in Florida yet. That would be much better than a regular water park. Imagine the possibilities!!

IWant2GoNow

You know, I always wondered why nobody has done that here in Florida yet. That would be much better than a regular water park. Imagine the possibilities!!

I could literally flesh out about 12 attractions, some similar to each other but different in other ways, to accompany water slides, wave pools, & lazy rivers. I think that would give you a pretty full day enjoyable park for water rides of all kinds.

cheezbat

I could literally flesh out about 12 attractions, some similar to each other but different in other ways, to accompany water slides, wave pools, & lazy rivers. I think that would give you a pretty full day enjoyable park for water rides of all kinds.
Over the last fifteen years I have come up with so many ideas and concepts for a themed water theme park...something with so much to do, that it'd easily be a full day experience.

Anybody want to give me about $200 million dollars to build it? I'd let you guys reap the benefits as well as free admission! ;)

Matt7187

Over the last fifteen years I have come up with so many ideas and concepts for a themed water theme park...something with so much to do, that it'd easily be a full day experience.

Anybody want to give me about $200 million dollars to build it? I'd let you guys reap the benefits as well as free admission! ;)
Lifetime pass? If so, here's 5 bucks! :D

8dfc7e45a1c8b8d1669855a7f46acc7c_zpscc5dd62d.jpg

Cam Eplion

Even though I'd love to see SL get an update, JP needs one badly. River Adventure is not 45-60 minute waits now, Just yesterday and the day before I was there and both days were hot, humid, and steamy days. The most wait for it I saw was 15 minuets, and Rip Saw Falls was shut down. I've always liked JP but it seems Universal hasn't touched it besides taking out Triceratops Encounter, which personally I think they should bring back. PF is a ride for the young ones it always is pushing 60+ wait times, but that's because no express and the ride doesn't really have that many cars on the track plus only 2 people per car can really make wait times bad. I love JP and I think it's time for a face lift and a new mine trian ride, possibly to compete with the Seven Dwarfs Mine train.

Laurilee

OK my boys are 16 and 13 planning on 2 days...do I go all out park to park unlimited or save a "little" and go 1 day at each park and just buy the Express Pass for each individual park..going the weekend BEFORE Thanksgiving...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom