The Universal Rumors thread

misterID

If no one has read this, and it's still a rumor, thought I'd throw this out there of what a WWE Hallf Of Fame would look like:

Richard Bilbao
Reporter- Orlando Business Journal
Email | Twitter
A long-envisioned World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame/attraction business still may come to fruition, a company executive said at last week's opening of the WWE Performance Center in Orlando.
But if one is built, it wouldn’t be like any other hall of fame. “I don’t want a hall of fame or some other attraction to just be something where people see some guy’s shorts,” said Paul Levesque, WWE (NYSE: WWE) executive vice president of talent and live events, as well as the WWE personality Triple H. “We are the WWE and we are big, so whatever we do needs to be the same.”

Levesque was in Orlando on July 11 for the opening of the 26,000-square-foot WWE Performance Center where the firm’s future athletes will be trained. He also was there to address questions about the company’s growing presence in Central Florida, which already consists of regular broadcasts of the WWE NXT program at Full Sail University.

“If I were to go out on a limb, I would say Orlando is the first place we’d look” for an attraction or WWE Hall of Fame, said Levesque to media at the July 11 event.

Later, he told me if the WWE green-lit an Orlando attraction, he’d expect it to consist of major interactive experiences. “If I were to say what it could be, think of it as something that has shows or live interactive things for fans. For example, something like a 4-D experience where the fan would come face-to-face with a 3-D Andre the Giant — something along that scale.”

The company has yet to announce any plans for an attraction, which experts said could be a $100 million investment.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...-orlando-hall.html?surround=etf&ana=e_article

disneydan158

Work has started in citywalk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 72
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 76

HTF

I would guess the JP expansion would be the rumoured amber mine coaster rather than the dreamt of jeep ride

Your gonna need to go to Moscow if you ever want to take a spin on the JP Jeep tours. But that park is still not 100% coming or nailed down but it's a staple attraction along with TF's, Despicable Me, RoTM, F&F, and an updated MIB proposed to be trackless.

mahnamahna101

Your gonna need to go to Moscow if you ever want to take a spin on the JP Jeep tours. But that park is still not 100% coming or nailed down but it's a staple attraction along with TF's, Despicable Me, RoTM, F&F, and an updated MIB proposed to be trackless.

F&F would probably be like RSR only 70-90 mph speeds? And DM would lose the studio soundstage look? Plus HP would probably come in some capacity... this sounds epic!

michmousefan

Saw a FB post from a friend (and a Universal CM) who was saying that the Diagon Alley expansion (and the Hogwarts Express connecting the two areas) would open on Sept. 1, 2014.

Has an official date been announced yet by Uni?

mahnamahna101

Saw a FB post from a friend (and a Universal CM) who was saying that the Diagon Alley expansion (and the Hogwarts Express connecting the two areas) would open on Sept. 1, 2014.

Has an official date been announced yet by Uni?

No... but September 1st, 2014 would have to be a soft opening date - no way the biggest expansion in USF history gets a early fall opening. It's either grand opening in July or November - no other time :)

michmousefan

No, and that's far too late. They want this open in June.
Based on how quickly they got Transformers up and running, I would imagine that June would be likely, unless there are specific issues with the technology. Thats why I thought the Sept. date was unusual.

JimboJones123

Soft open in May. The target would be before Memorial Day and at the very latest before the 4th of July.

I am sure that promotional material will start talking it up soon. They will want to have vacations booking in plenty of time for Christmas this year. Plus, the new hotel will be open by then too.

djlaosc

Any insight on scope or type of attraction?

And thank you for this ... so exciting!

Is Universal ever going to slow down?!!

From Screamscape...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/islands_of_adventure.htm

Screamscape said:
Screamscape sources tell us that something called Project 301 was just given the green light, with an aggressive plan to get it up and open in time for the Christmas 2015 holiday season. All I know so far is that this will be a new 3D ride experience themed to The Lorax, and that they will build a new large structure behind One Fish, Two Fish for it. More as we get it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom