The UK in Epcot

markymark

How about chnaging to some beer other than Bass? It really does me, or anyone in my immediate area, absolutely no good at all. :lol:

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Originally posted by Mr.Nutz
Does everyone else think the UK is really boring, or is it just us Brits?

Don't just blame the UK for being boring....ALL of World Showcase is incredibly boring. I don't see what kind of ride they could put in to spruce up the UK pavilion though.

djmatthews

How about chnaging to some beer other than Bass?

Disney proberbly have a contract with Interbrew to sell Bass Bitter. I think Bass and the red triangle is quite a traditional sign.

The "Bass Red Triangle" was the first registered tradmark ever in England - trivia for ya! (So i'm told).

markymark

Originally posted by djmatthews

Disney proberbly have a contract with Interbrew to sell Bass Bitter. I think Bass and the red triangle is quite a traditional sign.

The "Bass Red Triangle" was the first registered tradmark ever in England - trivia for ya! (So i'm told).

Yeah probably - but it really can't be good for the pollution levels!

I agree though, the triange is a traditional pub sign.

Dwarful

I think the idea of the Carousel w/Mary Poppins theme would be a wonderful and relatively inexpensive idea for Disney...still makes you wonder if all of the Brittish feel UK is off how the other countries are in the eyes of their citizens! I dont for a minute think the American exhibit portrays all of USA that would be too much to ask for! The idea is to expose people to things they may never see or experience...the mini eiffel tower things like that. I dont for a minute think I could fly off to Jersey and it would be just like at EPCOT or to England or to Scotland...but everytime we go makes me more determined to get to those places in real life! (some day.....ahhh, well at least my husband let me have the Scottish Rite Society Bagpipers at our wedding...not a honeymoon in Scotland but still better than nothing) and thats how I look at EPCOT...bettter than nothing!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The UK pavillion carefully mirrors real life. Its called the UK then is entirely based on a Home Counties scene, complete with pants warm English water, sorry beer.Disney has failed in only that the pub is not full of Australian bar staff. I say lets hae a ride based on the Celtic nations. Get rid of the chippy and have a Balti house or a kebab shop. They could of course have an attraction based on why London really is the centre of the universe, then there would be potts of cash made available by the Tourist Board.

disneyfan123

i agree

I have to agree with most of the comments above. The UK Pavillion in Epcot is very boring and needs something interesting to spice it up a bit. The only good bit is the pub which looks very authentic the only thing is i cannot have a drink cos i am 18!!! darn it! Anyway maybe a train ride or a ferris wheel - something to make it more interesting...i find that most people just walk straight through this area of the World Showcase.

*only 70 days to go*
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Al

i like the UK pavillion (the english pub is a great place to eat), but agree that a ride would be good :D

Huggups

Actually the UK pavillon is my favorite at Epcot. Love the Bangers, Guinness & Bass:slurp: and the British Invasion is awesome! But it would be a great idea to have some kind of attraction. Maybe a ride based on the Tower of London or something like that! A little scarier than the Haunted Mansion but more interaction with cast members. :eek:

starsky

The Uk pavillion is in desperate need of livening up.
It's far too quaint and doesn't represent modern, vibrant Britain.
Also, the red phone box has too many panes intact and doesn't smell of urine.

How can you possibly think that England isn't exciting?

You've got this: Mary Poppins! She's practically perfect in every way!

Attachments

• disney_01_trip_193.jpg
    disney_01_trip_193.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 147

starsky

Re: yes

Originally posted by disneyfan123
I like the idea of a ride based on the Tower of London. Ne other suggestions??

How about building Big Ben as a Tower of terror attraction. You go to the top, the clock face opens and the bell tolls, and then you fall (obviously). But the good bit is the time of the clock is messed up, and you're never sure how many times it will chime and therefore drop you. Oh no, please stop me!:hammer:

BigNorm

When I think of the UK I think of classic spies. 007, John Steed and Mrs. Peel...even Austin Powers:drevil:. There should be some sort of spy attraction in the UK pavilion. Something like a top secret agency has recruited you to stop a mad man hell bent on global domination, Dr. Evil or Auric Goldfinger anyone, and you're trained in the pre-show, and then you set out to stop the evil genius. And of course, good wins in the end.:cool: That would be awesome.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I doubt a "spy" anything would be put into the england pavillion....none of the movies you mentioned are within the "disney" realm......

Neither is AbFab.....so cross that off too.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom