The UK in Epcot

jabay

UK Section of Epcot indeed in need

I love Epcot as a whole and in particular the World Showcase. I have always wished, in almost 20 years of visiting Epcot, that Disney would throw some money into spruceing up the World Showcase, especially countries like Great Britain and Canada. Forget those lame movies, add some rides ( I'm thinking Maelstrom-style at least). Don't get me wrong I love the beer-battered Fish and Chips and $7 Black and Tans at the Rose & Crown just as much as the next guy, but come on Eisner & Co. where is the excitement? Aside from making countries like Great Britain, Canada, and Morroco more worthwhile, how about those new countries you've been planning for almost 10 years? Australia or Switzerland would be a nice addition to the Showcase, but first give our mother country their due. Something. Anything.

nikimsu2002

uk pavillion

i'm from michigan, but i went to the uk a few years ago. i agree that there is nothing there to do. i like the idea of the ride a over the uk seeing areas like the lock ness monster, stonehenge, london

CaptainProton

Remember "Disney's The Great Mouse Detective"? Now if my memory serves me correctly, part of it, concerned the main characters jumping from cog to cog inside Big Ben, an action sequence. Surely this has a lot of potential with regards rides for the UK?

Beauty and the

I have to agree that the UK Pavillion is rather dull, our country has a wealth of history that many countries in the world envy and indeed pay large sums of money to take to their own countries. I think a ride depicting great historical events, would be kind of neat.

Originally posted by Beauty and the
I think a ride depicting great historical events, would be kind of neat.

Hey, I wonder if they could put in a London Dungeon-esque type attraction. Oh wait, maybe that wasn't exactly the kind of history you were looking for! ;)

I must agree -- I'd love to see Disney add something more to the UK Pavilion. The last time I wandered through it seemed like it was just Pooh, Paddington, tea and china. Oh yeah, and beer -- lots of beer! There's some much more to the UK! I love the idea of a Mary Poppins carousel.

Oh, but the UK does have one of my favorite things -- the Beatles tribute band is awesome and really gets the whole pavilion crammed with people watching and dancing. They're great!

SteveUK

Dont knock the fact that the americans think we all drink cream teas, use red phone boxes and dress like beefeaters. We dont want them to know the truth! The pavilion would end up with a failing welfare state, corrupt politicians and long queues! Oh yeah, and rain.

Dwarful

You know what my 6 year old daughter would really love to see at UK Epcot???? Wallace and Grommit...she has been hooked on those two since she was introduced to them at age tw..Our friends from Jersey (Channel Island not state of NJ) brought the videos and some stuffed animals over for her. on their first stay with us..we are on our second set of videos...I think I know those as well as the Disney Videos!

Dwarful

OK now I want to know ...does anyone know if they sell something called "Branston Pickle" at the UK stores in EPCOT? My daughter is now hooked on this stuff that our friends brought over and they dont sell it here~ what exactly is this stuff anyway??our pickles are green...pickled cucumbers...not this stuff!

djmatthews

"Branston Pickle" nasty stuff! I can't remember seeing it in the Shops in Epcot, however I have seen it in the English shops in other parts of America. There is a English shop in Old Down on the 192, thay may sell it. I seem to remember them selling English food, that you are unable to get in the US.

Craigw

For me it would have to be a Robin Hood dark ride. I watched the film (again) last night on the Disney channel with my 2 girls.

I still laugh at it!!! The snake (hiss) is v funny.

Strange...who, me??

Anyway, sorry, Robin Hood dark ride would be a good addition.:animwink:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
How about some animatronics dressed in replica football kit showing how Beckam is indeed a new messiah or a roller coaster that accurately follows the flight path of his now infamous free kick.
In another part featuring a bunch of old crones bleating on about 1966, you could feature a whole section on parts of central Europe to have enjoyed a visit from the fans, complete with realistic police water cannon, an trashed bars.
Even if England dont win I can tell this is going to be a lonnngggggggggg summer.

Were poo but at least we know we are!:p

Dizknee_Phreek

well at least the UK has several buildings! what did the US get? one building, a stage, and a cool boat that no one can get on. sure, we have a really great show, but geez! oh, and can't forget the ONE, VERY small shop! :animwink: but, i mean, don't get me wrong, i'm not bitter. i love all the pavilions, including UK. but think about it...the UK Pavilion really does have more to offer than the US one. it's all good though.

jabay

I guess ever attraction at Disney can't be like the Rockin' Roller Coaster as far as excitement, but you would think that the American Pavilion would be a little more extensive. Then again I'm sure Disney's logic is that the focus is supposed to be on the other countries, not the United States. Nevertheless we are the greatest country in the world and thus we should have the most spectacular pavilion in the showcase!:D

Lovecraft

Just to say... this would never happen in Disney, but while we are just imagining things anyway...

Something very cool to put into the UK pavillion would be a dark ride based on Jack the Ripper.

I doubt it would do much for Brittish tourism, but if it were done right, it could scare the heck out of people and be fun.

Of course, Disney is not the place for it-- but the world showcase itself isn't all that Disneyesque to begin with.

Chestermunch

Originally posted by Dwarful
You know what my 6 year old daughter would really love to see at UK Epcot???? Wallace and Grommit...she has been hooked on those two since she was introduced to them at age tw..Our friends from Jersey (Channel Island not state of NJ) brought the videos and some stuffed animals over for her. on their first stay with us..we are on our second set of videos...I think I know those as well as the Disney Videos!

Hey Dwarful,

I heard around a year ago that Disney had offered to buy Wallace and Gromit for a full length feature. I think after some humming and harring, Nick Park agreed to let them finance a full length feature the same way that Disney finance Pixar and slap their name on it.

I'm sure they were due to start work on it after his company was finished making Chicken Run.

You may see them yet in Epcot, looking for Wensleydale!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom