'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

Hannah1284

First Disney Race!

Woohoo! My husband and I are signed up for our first Disney race. As much as I'm totally psyched for the race (I love ToT!), I'm even more excited to be visiting Disney again! It will be almost 18 years by the time Sept rolls around...way too long!:sohappy:

PartOfYourWorld

Finally this thread has been stickied! I always forget to come looking for it.

I'll be staying over at POR from the 26-30th and it's my first runDisney even as well!!!! :)

Excited for this group picture!

Howe

I just registered today!! :sohappy:

This will be my first disney race. Haven't booked my room yet. Does anyone know about what percentage off they are offering to race participants?

I'm so excited!!! I'd love to meet up!

fmingo36

This will be my first disney race. Haven't booked my room yet. Does anyone know about what percentage off they are offering to race participants?

You are probably better off looking for other Disney deals than booking with the race "discount" rate. I always find a better deal elsewhere.

But the discount for the park tickets is worth it!

Howe

You are probably better off looking for other Disney deals than booking with the race "discount" rate. I always find a better deal elsewhere.

But the discount for the park tickets is worth it!

Thanks! That's what I was wondering. I am going in April so I was thinking of waiting and trying to book a bounceback offer while I'm there. I think the current one is 30% off mods. Hopefully I'll be buying my first AP on my april trip, so I won't be buying the discounted tickets. But I looked at them and they seem to be a good deal!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Finally this thread has been stickied! I always forget to come looking for it.

I'll be staying over at POR from the 26-30th and it's my first runDisney even as well!!!! :)

Excited for this group picture!
Congrats. It will be a blast.

Excellent!

To say the least. I was soggy before I put my sneakers on. :lol:
It takes a lot for me to sweat. A lot. So I wasnt bad until we got to AK and then it was over. I was soaked by the bridge over World Drive. We will all have to forgive one another that night. I plan on packing something to clean up with after in my check bag. :lol:

a2grafix

Joel and Dreamfinder,

I know Shades is not a participating resort, but I have a deal and have stayed at Shades several times the past several years. I know my way around the resortland but I have never ventured to Wide World of Sports. I almost did a few weeks ago to see a preseason baseball game. I also did see the entrance to the complex once via a Mears van on a previous trip.

Since I have several months to prepare I am not going to be worried about the bus routes now (although I am getting butterflies just thinking about my latest trip - always happens with me thinking about any upcoming Disney trip, but this one will be different with a road race included).

I pretty much know the WDW transportation system and where to get to around the WDW resort and I am sure I can get to the expo to pick up the race packet and to get to the start line. As for the after party, pretty sure there has to be some Disney buses running around the resort (a handful) to and from certain destinations and the host hotels. But I'm sure that the after party will be like a night spending at Pleasure Island at the Adventurers Club and Mannequins and taking one of the last buses back to the TTC and/or Polynesian at 3am.

All Disney roads lead to somewhere. Worse come to worse, I can always call Mears or count on the bellhop at Shades to pick me up. Shade hoppers have done it before when there was a lull in the overnight check-in / check-out hours.

As for bumping up the mileage, should be okay. Just have to get a right frame of mind and condition my body. I'm also prepping for my annual physical fitness test with the Air Force, so, I have not one, but two goals to shoot for. I have a few others as well, so I am focused. There are several road races in the region coming up to test myself, mainly 5K races. The annual physical test is only a 1.5 mile timed run, and I did that in 12:57 last year (not bad for my age, but I could go faster-ish).

The ToT 10-miler is going to be super fun, and it will be super fun prepping for a night race. I usually run at night at my neighborhood track - me and my thoughts and my music and my shoes hitting the rubber. ALONE.

The countdown is on. See you all soon --

dreamfinder

It's nothing "official" yet, but in the description it says that it starts "in the shadows" of the hotel, so I'm guessing probably back behind Fantasmic! area? And it says that it goes through WWoS, LMA, the streets, by the hat, and ends at Sunset.

That should also give an idea of where to meet after? :sohappy:

I highly doubt that the start will be in that backstage area. There is no easy way for runners not staying at a host resort to get there, nor for any spectators to cheer. I'd be inclined to say it will start in the parking lot.

Joel and Dreamfinder,

I know Shades is not a participating resort, but I have a deal and have stayed at Shades several times the past several years. I know my way around the resortland but I have never ventured to Wide World of Sports. I almost did a few weeks ago to see a preseason baseball game. I also did see the entrance to the complex once via a Mears van on a previous trip.

Just as a heads up, WWoS transportation for the race expos is different than how people get there during a non event day. Not a huge deal, but it is different.

I pretty much know the WDW transportation system and where to get to around the WDW resort and I am sure I can get to the expo to pick up the race packet and to get to the start line. As for the after party, pretty sure there has to be some Disney buses running around the resort (a handful) to and from certain destinations and the host hotels. But I'm sure that the after party will be like a night spending at Pleasure Island at the Adventurers Club and Mannequins and taking one of the last buses back to the TTC and/or Polynesian at 3am.

All Disney roads lead to somewhere. Worse come to worse, I can always call Mears or count on the bellhop at Shades to pick me up. Shade hoppers have done it before when there was a lull in the overnight check-in / check-out hours.

There are no host resorts in that area, so no shuttle buses in that neck of woods.
Disney Value Resorts
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney Moderate Resorts
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You notice that all the clusters are near each other to cut down on the bus routes. Speaking as someone who particpated in the cluster that was post race transportation from the first ToT 13k, they quickly kiboshed transit to non host resorts. Ever since that event, it has been buses to host resorts only. So I don't think you will even be able to get to the TTC/Poly from there. There is a very very very slight chance that if you are one of the last people out they may take pity on you and do a bus run to all resorts, but I doubt it.

Also, most of the shuttle buses are not the normal WDW transportation buses. Typically they hire coach buses from MEARS and other providers to do the shuttles.

Your best bet will be a cab unless the bell hops are indeed able to come get you.

It's not something to stress over, especially since you seem to have no problem calling MEARS for a cab.

joel_maxwell

There are no host resorts in that area, so no shuttle buses in that neck of woods.
Disney Value Resorts
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort

Disney Moderate Resorts
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - French Quarter
Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside

Disney Deluxe Resorts
Disney's Beach Club Resort
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Disney's Yacht Club Resort

You notice that all the clusters are near each other to cut down on the bus routes. Speaking as someone who particpated in the cluster that was post race transportation from the first ToT 13k, they quickly kiboshed transit to non host resorts. Ever since that event, it has been buses to host resorts only. So I don't think you will even be able to get to the TTC/Poly from there. There is a very very very slight chance that if you are one of the last people out they may take pity on you and do a bus run to all resorts, but I doubt it.

Also, most of the shuttle buses are not the normal WDW transportation buses. Typically they hire coach buses from MEARS and other providers to do the shuttles.

Your best bet will be a cab unless the bell hops are indeed able to come get you.

It's not something to stress over, especially since you seem to have no problem calling MEARS for a cab.
Yep, I wasnt aware that SoG was up next to MK. You are way out of the bus loop and areas.

I think you will be cabbing it. No worries. Just plan ahead.

joel_maxwell

Race signed up for. Resort booked. Flights booked. Now it is just 181 of waiting till the ToT 10 miler and Sam and I rock Disney.

:D

joel_maxwell

You are doing better than me. Signed up for the race but nothing booked yet.
Get on it sister!

Are you going to stick around for a few days (Epcot's bday on Monday)? Sam most likely isnt going to pay to attend the after party. She doesnt want to be tired for the next 2 days of the vacation and I cant blame her. Waiting till 10:30 to enter DHS and then just start riding stuff by 11:30.... that is a late night.

fmingo36

Get on it sister!

Are you going to stick around for a few days (Epcot's bday on Monday)? Sam most likely isnt going to pay to attend the after party. She doesnt want to be tired for the next 2 days of the vacation and I cant blame her. Waiting till 10:30 to enter DHS and then just start riding stuff by 11:30.... that is a late night.

No:(
Heading home on Sunday. Just me and hubby coming down for the race so we need to get back for the girls.

MKCP 1985

I will also likely be in the Sunday traffic heading home. Why couldn't Epcot's 30th birthday have come on September 30? :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom