'The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler Weekend'

dreamfinder

Sorry folks! Didn't mean to stir up anything. I'm not a huge celebophile, but the article popped up because of the 20th Marathon and it just made me think perhaps the "inaugural" ToT race would draw some celeb attention as well. It was more a question of curiosity than anything.

Just look at the crowds that Disney can get on hand for most grand openings and relaunches of stuff. Typically they may be able to scrape together a few B list, or maybe an A list. For something as lowly as a race, ehh, doubtful if they will waste that many favors on getting someone over. I can see celebs doing a half or a full marathon, just so they can then hop on the talk show circuit and have something to mention other than their new reality show, but a 10mi race just doesn't have the same pizazz to it that a marathon does to the non running public.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sorry folks! Didn't mean to stir up anything. I'm not a huge celebophile, but the article popped up because of the 20th Marathon and it just made me think perhaps the "inaugural" ToT race would draw some celeb attention as well. It was more a question of curiosity than anything.
Oh it is cool. There are a hand full of musicians and actors that i would love to meet, but they are probably the ones that give the middle finger to fame and the glam lifestyle that comes with territory. :)

is anyone still planning on dressing up for this race? I was thinking about it, but I am having trouble deciding. I was thinking about dressing up
after the race maybe for the bash.
Im still thinking about it.

wilkeliza

is anyone still planning on dressing up for this race? I was thinking about it, but I am having trouble deciding. I was thinking about dressing up
after the race maybe for the bash.

I've been thinking of buying a white running top and painting it to look like Buzz Lightyear. Of course I'd be a lady lightyear but he's my favorite.

Just wondering has anyone had any experience with running after a tooth extraction? I have to have 2 wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and want to be able to run my long distance run no later than Sunday. Does that seem impossible?

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I've been thinking of buying a white running top and painting it to look like Buzz Lightyear. Of course I'd be a lady lightyear but he's my favorite.

Just wondering has anyone had any experience with running after a tooth extraction? I have to have 2 wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow and want to be able to run my long distance run no later than Sunday. Does that seem impossible?

I had 2 wisdom teeth extracted a long time ago (I was about your age, actually!), and when the anesthesia wore off, I literally could not sit still because of the pain. I walked around and around the house crying for a few hours. So, based on my experience, I'm not sure what to advise you--it was a horrible amount of pain, but moving was the only way I was able to deal with it. Would not have gone out in public, though, I was a mess. :p

On a separate note, did anyone notice that they've COMPLETELY revamped the runDisney website?

dreamfinder

It all depends on how the removal goes. I had all 4 out at once, and had no issues. No dry socket, no need for any of the meds after the initial pain killers wore off, etc. Other people end up swelling up like a chipmunk that just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and are in pain for weeks,

wilkeliza

It all depends on how the removal goes. I had all 4 out at once, and had no issues. No dry socket, no need for any of the meds after the initial pain killers wore off, etc. Other people end up swelling up like a chipmunk that just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson and are in pain for weeks,

The extraction went very easy took him 10 minutes to take both out. Only 1 stitch in total. I was prescribed antibiotics but was told that is just a precaution since I'm leaving much sooner than they would typically like. Honestly it went so much faster than I expected and the dr said I should be 100% in a few days.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just seem to have been dealt the worst hand (outside of injuries) when it comes to life getting in the way of training. Today I'm just sitting with ice on my face waiting until I can eat.

joel_maxwell

Coryna, I say September 1, we gotta start thinking about meeting spot, posting an aerial map with a big "X" marks the spot (I can do easily) etc.

Ill bring my iphone with me to the event and put in my waterbelt so I can text Sam after it is over etc, so Ill get your digits soon too. Since we are flying in that day, landing at 2:30, Im nervous about delays, DME and such being on time. With that said, As long as that plane lands on time, we should be fine.

Hope everyone has been running and sticking to their training schedules. It is upon us (almost).

fmingo36

Coryna, I say September 1, we gotta start thinking about meeting spot, posting an aerial map with a big "X" marks the spot (I can do easily) etc.

Ill bring my iphone with me to the event and put in my waterbelt so I can text Sam after it is over etc, so Ill get your digits soon too. Since we are flying in that day, landing at 2:30, Im nervous about delays, DME and such being on time. With that said, As long as that plane lands on time, we should be fine.

Hope everyone has been running and sticking to their training schedules. It is upon us (almost).

Sounds good. I want everyone to post their WDW magic name/real name and bib number.
I can't wait to get the release form and bib number. Then it feels real :D

joel_maxwell

Sounds good. I want to everyone post their WDW magic name/real name and bib number.
I can't wait to get the release form and bib number. Then it feels real :D
YES! I still know people as their screen name and not their actual. SO, I think that is very important.

I need those release forms email or a link sent ASAP so I can get them signed and to Richard (masteryoda). That kind of stuff makes me mucho nervous.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We got all our ME stuff as well, as well as the luggage tags and such the next day. It's definitely close. I'm looking forward to running at WDW again, but still have 2 races to complete before we go....Tough Mudder is the first and the other one is a 1/2 marathon the day before we leave. :)

Katherine

I got my ME stuff in the mail too! So excited! Let me know about the meet up!

Just stopping by and reading about your costume ideas, I am doing Queen Narissa from Enchanted, but looking forward to all the awesome costumes. It's not too far away now.
I saw a guy dressed up like this for the Marathon this past January. He had the wig and everything!

I think I'll just rock a new tu-tu... I love make them, they are super easy. Thinking Maleficent colors!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yes, Coryna and I are going to put this together. Stay tuned for a location, a time and Ill even provide a aerial picture with a HUGE "x" marks the spot.
ME stuff?
ME-Magical Express :)

Good to hear that the meetup is still on. Are we thinking before or after the race?

joel_maxwell

ME-Magical Express :)

Good to hear that the meetup is still on. Are we thinking before or after the race?
AHHHH, If you would have put DME I would have gotten it.

Yes, due to various finish times and paces. Besides, I know for one, this runner is going to have a blast after the race, but I have 2 more days of Disney with no kids and my wife, EMH at DHS the next night, then Epcot's 30th with EMH at MK... so I need to pace myself. (pun intended)

I wont make 3am at the after party. Probably midnight. Lastest 1am and rockstar it the next day.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Yeah, we're thinking in the midnight ballpark as well....of course Corral assignment could slow that a bit. I'm guessing runners will meet in the far southeast parking lot, and then move to the corrals on S. Studio Drive for the start. At the end, we also re-enter the park somewhere off this road, but I can't seem to figure out where.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom