The Town Center construction

orky8

No. Where are people seeing Apple Stores with reflective glass, a bunch of articulations and added massings?

Dude, it is an artistic rendering by Disney -- not Apple. The design has some, but not all of the features of a typical apple store, and since it is a just an artist sketch, it's not a far leap. There are also extreme liberties taken with the rendering (did you notice how the people are dressed in the rendering?). Steve has said it's not Apple, which is the only reason to think that it is not.

jt04

Dude, it is an artistic rendering by Disney -- not Apple. The design has some, but not all of the features of a typical apple store, and since it is a just an artist sketch, it's not a far leap. There are also extreme liberties taken with the rendering (did you notice how the people are dressed in the rendering?). Steve has said it's not Apple, which is the only reason to think that it is not.

Perhaps it is a store that will sell Disney Springs' branded "artisan water" and soda. :D

lazyboy97o

It has no features of an Apple Store.

WDW97

lol

that third photo seems rather modern compared to the look of some of the other buildings

apple store? with all that glass
disney-springs_Full_24147.jpg;width=640
Reminds me of MCA Denver, which is an art museum in Downtown Denver,CO. Same shape and relative size and architecture. Quick google images search will give you pictures.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, May 29. Town Center construction view at the intersection of Buena Vista Drive and the Hess gas station.

IMG_5472.JPG

The Disney Springs river between Raglan Road and T-Rex Café. Note the new building (beige) along the opposite river bank (grey concrete).

IMG_5480.JPG

On the right side of the beige building, a new building is rising with a front deck over the "river." Definitely a building that will take advantage of the water scenery. This is directly across the river from Raglan Road.

IMG_5483.JPG

The banks of the Disney Springs river near the side of T-Rex Café is getting treatment by Imagineers. The banks are being "sculpted" and painted to look like brown rocks.

IMG_5489.JPG

A closer view of the river bank treatment below.

IMG_5491.JPG

An overview from the balcony of Fulton's Crab House.

IMG_5504.JPG

Last edited:

Stitchon

year, doesn't look like one (other than the roof). Looks like an upscale clothing store or something of that nature. Possibly a Saks off 5th?

Saks Off 5th isn't upscale, it's an outlet store. I highly doubt anything like that will show up at Disney Springs, if they're smart at least.

drnilescrane

Honestly if the plan is to shamelessly duplicate The Grove and The Americana I'd love a Barnes and Noble. It would be great to have a large lifestyle retailer to browse, and they are being evicted from the nearby Winter Garden Village anyway and are looking for space.

Next Big Thing

Honestly if the plan is to shamelessly duplicate The Grove and The Americana I'd love a Barnes and Noble. It would be great to have a large lifestyle retailer to browse, and they are being evicted from the nearby Winter Garden Village anyway and are looking for space.
Ehh, Barnes & Noble doesn't seem to be in line with what Disney is trying to sell here. Plus I can find a B&N pretty much anywhere around the country within a reasonable distance anyway.

matt9112

Apparently you never saw the Adventurer's Club :)

(obviously not a real library)

Too young my friend. But honestly I love disney and that won't change but lately universal has stolen some of that love....I can't wait to have the wand choose me I don't care if it's staged. but back to topic I wish they would wrap some of the more generic stores in thematics too.

dstrawn9889

I love how many large old trees they have saved in that construction update from Save PI.
one thing Disney is NOT lacking... TREES. all the have to do is go out in their acreage and selectively transplant 1 an acre, and no one would know where they came up with 22,000 mature screening trees

halltd

one thing Disney is NOT lacking... TREES. all the have to do is go out in their acreage and selectively transplant 1 an acre, and no one would know where they came up with 22,000 mature screening trees
This is true. But, it's always a good thing when trees are left where they are in construction projects. Not just because they look good, but because it's the sustainable thing to do.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom