The Town Center construction

bhg469

I've been to Disney multiple times, and I know that most people in Central Florida (who are visiting Downtown Disney) have Annual Passes. I'm not saying that everyone in Central Florida does.
Again, you do not know that, you're assuming that to be true. You cannot know how many of those locals have annual passes. I am hoping to be transferred to tampa in the next year and when I do, so you know what I will not have? An annual pass..

MagicHappens1971

Again, you do not know that, you're assuming that to be true. You cannot know how many of those locals have annual passes. I am hoping to be transferred to tampa in the next year and when I do, so you know what I will not have? An annual pass..
I don't know how many locals do, I never said I did. All I said was that most locals do.

rangerbob

There are a lot of AP holders in the area. Since I dropped my annual pass it seems that I'm seeing more and more of the magnets on the back of vehicles around here.

note2001

There are a lot of AP holders in the area. Since I dropped my annual pass it seems that I'm seeing more and more of the magnets on the back of vehicles around here.

Disney started giving out these magnets to all AP holders a couple years back. Before that I had never received one, although have held APs. Going by the number of magnets is not much of a gauge of how many AP holders there are out there. Folk also have the tendency to leave stickers and magnets on their cars even if their kid is no longer in Soccer, an A student etc.

I'm more likely to go by the people I know in the area... (mind, I'm from up north so that's not many)

I know a grand total of 17 adults in Central Florida. 4/17 people in my circle hold APs, hardly a majority.

2 have had them longer than one year.
2 downright refuse to pay the mouse that kind of money.
2 Have finally given in and bought APs as they can now write them off as a business expense although it's a squeeze.
1 lives an hour away and won't make the trek often.
3 are Disney employees who don't need to buy them.
2 are Universal employees who think Disney is an outdated, overrated, overpriced product.
5 Tampa Coworkers, none of whom hold APs, but one owns DVC.

Updating for the 5 co-workers in Tampa I forgot about.

Last edited:

roj2323

image.jpg

More later when I'm not tired.

roj2323

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I think the thing for me that stands out the most is the speed in which this work is being done. If you remember this entire area was a parking lot until early December of last year. It's only been 6 months!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

note2001

Agreed. I am not at all impressed by the landscaping in this area. either. For all the detail incorporated into the remainder of Disney Springs, that orange fence clashes badly; It just looks cheap and temporary. ;)

Disney's new commitment to realistic settings is just going a step too far. First it was the parking lot in Dinorama, then the massive tangle of wires hanging from the pole in the Harambe marketplace, and now... a Construction zone? Well, I can get into that... but it needs just enough of that Disney touch to make us relax. Perhaps another pre-mixed margarita stand here would help (and a palm tree.)

toolsnspools

Agreed. I am not at all impressed by the landscaping in this area. either. For all the detail incorporated into the remainder of Disney Springs, that orange fence clashes badly; It just looks cheap and temporary. ;)
Don't worry. The fence will go away when the snow melts.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 15. Various construction locations around Town Center and Disney Springs.

First, the children's water play area at the Marketplace, near Once Upon A Toy (building in background). At the foot of the new pedestrian bridge, this water play area was recently surrounded by construction walls for a refurbishment. The door was left open today, allowing this inside view of the mechanics of the water feature.

IMG_5798.JPG

A view of the buildings under construction behind the front entrance of T-Rex Café.

IMG_5800.JPG

A close-up of the buildings under construction just east of T-Rex Café. The trees are on the T-Rex property, which originally faced a parking lot. The proximity of the new buildings is an indication of the future pathways between T-Rex and other buildings.

IMG_5795.JPG

New buildings behind World of Disney store (left side of photo) and the Lego store (right side of photo).

IMG_5796.JPG

The view across the new Disney Springs river from Raglan Road.

IMG_5789.JPG

From the Speedway (Hess) gas station intersection with Buena Visa Drive, here is the entrance view of Disney Springs.

IMG_5774.JPG

Two views from the elevated entrance of Planet Hollywood. First photo is looking towards Buena Visa Drive and the new pedestrian bridge. Underground work being performed prior to whatever will occupy this foreground space.

IMG_5778.JPG

Second view is looking towards the West Side. With planter box foundations in work here, this area appears to be an extension of the existing pedestrian plaza at the foot of the West Side (Orange) parking garage, leading to the old Pleasure Island bridge (right side of photo).

IMG_5779.JPG

A general view of Town Center from the top of the West Side (Orange) parking garage, with Planet Hollywood at right side of photo. The STK steakhouse building is in the center of photo.

IMG_5806.JPG

A view to the right of Planet Hollywood, showing the collection of new buildings that will become Disney Springs.

IMG_5807.JPG

BD-Anaheim

In the second photo from the bottom you can make out the new bridge that will cross over the waterway to the STK building, which then has the stairs up to original PI area. I really like the multiple elevations that this addition is creating. Hopefully the pathways extend underneath the existing bridge and around the backside of Edison, Paradiso, etc.

roj2323

Photo update as of Wednesday, July 15. Various construction locations around Town Center and Disney Springs.

First, the children's water play area at the Marketplace, near Once Upon A Toy (building in background). At the foot of the new pedestrian bridge, this water play area was recently surrounded by construction walls for a refurbishment. The door was left open today, allowing this inside view of the mechanics of the water feature.

View attachment 101413

A view of the buildings under construction behind the front entrance of T-Rex Café.

View attachment 101415

A close-up of the buildings under construction just east of T-Rex Café. The trees are on the T-Rex property, which originally faced a parking lot. The proximity of the new buildings is an indication of the future pathways between T-Rex and other buildings.

View attachment 101414

New buildings behind World of Disney store (left side of photo) and the Lego store (right side of photo).

View attachment 101416

The view across the new Disney Springs river from Raglan Road.

View attachment 101421

From the Speedway (Hess) gas station intersection with Buena Visa Drive, here is the entrance view of Disney Springs.

View attachment 101417

Two views from the elevated entrance of Planet Hollywood. First photo is looking towards Buena Visa Drive and the new pedestrian bridge. Underground work being performed prior to whatever will occupy this foreground space.

View attachment 101418

Second view is looking towards the West Side. With planter box foundations in work here, this area appears to be an extension of the existing pedestrian plaza at the foot of the West Side (Orange) parking garage, leading to the old Pleasure Island bridge (right side of photo).

View attachment 101419

A general view of Town Center from the top of the West Side (Orange) parking garage, with Planet Hollywood at right side of photo. The STK steakhouse building is in the center of photo.

View attachment 101422

A view to the right of Planet Hollywood, showing the collection of new buildings that will become Disney Springs.

View attachment 101423

Fantastic photos. The new angles and perspectives are really really quite interesting to view.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom