The Town Center construction

dstrawn9889

This is true. But, it's always a good thing when trees are left where they are in construction projects. Not just because they look good, but because it's the sustainable thing to do.
the big problem is all the HEAVY equipment rolling over the roots... even compacting the soil outside the canopy radius can kill a tree. it would have been better for the trees to be transplanted elsewhere and then moved back in the final landscaping... but the someone would say they just cut them down and replaced them with new ones...

EDIT::: wow my cognitive abilities are impaired here at work, couldn't string a proper sentence together.

Stitchon

I feel like there's gonna be an American Girl store within the Town Center somewhere. I really hope i'm wrong, but wouldn't be surprised one bit.

There's already a location at The Florida Mall. And unlike Zara and other stores, American Girl typically sticks to singular stores in each trade area.

Next Big Thing

No way. That's massive competition at WDW- and some serious spending of money. That'd be like having a Barbie store.

There's already a location at The Florida Mall. And unlike Zara and other stores, American Girl typically sticks to singular stores in each trade area.
Yeah, I mostly just posted that as I ws watching some video that showed a s few similar type malls and all seemed to have American Girl and similar type stores in them. But I didn't take into account before posting that Disney probably doesn't want to bring in many outside toy vendors, as that takes away from their core business in DTD.

Stitchon

Yeah, I mostly just posted that as I ws watching some video that showed a s few similar type malls and all seemed to have American Girl and similar type stores in them. But I didn't take into account before posting that Disney probably doesn't want to bring in many outside toy vendors, as that takes away from their core business in DTD.

I could see Build-a-Bear coming in, since they do huge business in Anaheim and in most tourist locations.

Stitchon

Now Cheesecake Factory is coming to Shanghai Disneyland. I believe people were saying they were supposed to come to Downtown Disney but pulled out when the economy faltered, so I could see them popping up again. Their only Orlando location is at Millenia, and their recent strategy has them opening additional locations in metro areas that can support more than one.

lazyboy97o

Now Cheesecake Factory is coming to Shanghai Disneyland. I believe people were saying they were supposed to come to Downtown Disney but pulled out when the economy faltered, so I could see them popping up again. Their only Orlando location is at Millenia, and their recent strategy has them opening additional locations in metro areas that can support more than one.
There is also a Cheesecake Factory in Winter Park Village.

Bartattack

Will they open parts of Town Center as they are completed? Or will they wait untill everything is finished? Just wondering..I'll be visiting again next year in May and was wondering if I'll be able to experience anything from Town Center.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Will they open parts of Town Center as they are completed? Or will they wait untill everything is finished? Just wondering..I'll be visiting again next year in May and was wondering if I'll be able to experience anything from Town Center.

I imagine that most of the town center buildings will be complete around the same time, but the tenants will move in over time like they have in the Landings. So you will probably be able to walk through town center before all the tenants are there.

MagicHappens1971

Well i agree they should but the quick answer is they won't. At least in park items are somewhat unique but if you look at the bars and restaurants on property, the menus are more homogenized than ever. So far the new Additions to downtown disney are very much anything you can see in any town. I really hope I'm wrong but I expect much more of the same. More flip flops, hats, sunglasses, and cupcakes.
Because they have boat docks with cars driving on water everywhere?

MagicHappens1971

That is a bold statement. Do you have information to back up that claim? Many many locals go there. Not all locals want to enter the parks for a quick bite of their favorite food as well.. also if you're a resort guest you'd be out of your mind to drive there, then why is expanding parking so important? A lot more people there are just going to DTD than you know.
She doesn't need information, she has common sense. Proving your own point, most locals have APs of some sort, and will be visiting the parks at some point.

bhg469

She doesn't need information, she has common sense. Proving your own point, most locals have APs of some sort, and will be visiting the parks at some point.
Most people in central florida have annual passes? Again, A MAJORITY OF PEOPLE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA HAVE ANNUAL PASSSES! I put that in caps to point out that you're pulling information out of the air. Oh, you're 19, and know everything about the world!

MagicHappens1971

Most people in central florida have annual passes? Again, A MAJORITY OF PEOPLE IN CENTRAL FLORIDA HAVE ANNUAL PASSSES! I put that in caps to point out that you're pulling information out of the air. Oh, you're 19, and know everything about the world!
I've been to Disney multiple times, and I know that most people in Central Florida (who are visiting Downtown Disney) have Annual Passes. I'm not saying that everyone in Central Florida does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom