The Town Center construction

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Planning a trip down to visit the rest of Disney Springs soon. I was there a few weeks ago and loved the shopping, food and entertainment that was there the day we visited. Can not wait to see the new areas. Still I agree with Jon81uk that I would like to see a dinner show or other entertainment. Indoor mini golf would be a hit with my family. If Disney Springs is successful maybe additions could be added. There is room to expand into the old bus area on the Westend that as not been used for years as well as the Market side bus stops (once the new bus area opens).

BrerJon

I really don't see why people are saying this looks so great. Although I haven't seen it in real life yet, from the photos you could be showing me the Premium Outlets or any number of malls across the country. Nothing about it seems particularly 'Disney' or something you couldn't see anywhere.

Kman101

It looks well done for what it is. I think it's impressive because the quality of the places are delivering on what they promised and with the springs and the details you can't see in pictures it's not surprising it's being praised. Not sure why some have a problem that it's liked or they think it's well done. It's coming off as another we must hate this because we must keep up the rhetoric. But it is at the end of the day an upscale outlet mall designed to keep international visitors on property. Some are looking for issues in the theming. Not everything needs analyzing.

JohnWD

It looks well done for what it is. I think it's impressive because the quality of the places are delivering on what they promised and with the springs and the details you can't see in pictures it's not surprising it's being praised. Not sure why some have a problem that it's liked or they think it's well done. It's coming off as another we must hate this because we must keep up the rhetoric. But it is at the end of the day an upscale outlet mall designed to keep international visitors on property. Some are looking for issues in the theming. Not everything needs analyzing.
I agree with everything you say but it is not an outlet mall - where discontinued items are sold at a discount, but rather is a high end outdoor mall. There are no discontinued items nor discounted items. :)

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

You're contradicting yourself. Details are all about analysis but the critiques aren't even yet at that level.

halltd

I really don't see why people are saying this looks so great. Although I haven't seen it in real life yet, from the photos you could be showing me the Premium Outlets or any number of malls across the country. Nothing about it seems particularly 'Disney' or something you couldn't see anywhere.
Uh...Premium Outlets is a dump compared to the level of design and details at Disney Springs. Also, where else have you seen a 1.2 million gallon water feature that looks identical to a natural Florida spring? That's not Disney enough?

Aqueeta

I wonder if that's partly on purpose, and Disney is hoping the place will attract not just tourists, but locals, too. And maybe the locals aren't always in the mood for "Disney-fied" entertainment.:)

If this concept was Disney's attempt to draw the local drunks away from WS, it is a big fat FAIL!! Unfortunately, it appears that us vacationing patrons are stuck with the non-vacationing patrons ruining our experience at WS until Disney prices them out through the continued increase in single-day passes and the elimination of AP payment plans.

Gatorboy

If this concept was Disney's attempt to draw the local drunks away from WS, it is a big fat FAIL!! Unfortunately, it appears that us vacationing patrons are stuck with the non-vacationing patrons ruining our experience at WS until Disney prices them out through the continued increase in single-day passes and the elimination of AP payment plans.
It is ridiculous to lump all locals as drunks and or ruining your vacation experience! As for AP payment plans, I guess only people that can afford full price passes should be allowed to buy them. I go to DS several times a year and see less problem with drunks here as I do Epcot. It sounds a little arrogant to me.

Disone

It looks nice. Sure. But, I almost miss that original redo-concept for Pleasure Island - Hyperion Wharf? At least, it was going to have a water show. After glancing at the "park" guide for Disney Springs, the 'entertainment' options are about the same as was before. If you aren't going to eat pricey or shop pricey, you're out of luck. I guess you could walk around and look at the pretty water and architecture, but if I'm dropping 2k on a Disney vacation, I wouldn't waste one of my precious vacation days there.

The sad thing is that exImagineers and aspiring Imagineers are now creating equivalent themed shopping experiences all across the country. Disney Springs isn't unique. At least that mall in Glendale, CA has a trolly.

I totally missed Hyperion Wharf was going to have a water show. I would have loved that. What is great about Disney Springs is all the live entertainment sprinkled around the complex, at any given time there are 10 to 14 different live music options. Some are similar, some are vastly different, and some are not my cup of tea, but really all of it is quite good. You can easily make an evening of just strolling around Disney Springs and enjoying the free and plentiful live entertainment. Its a shame you wouldn't spend any of your vacation days here because honestly what they have done is top notch and is nothing short of a nice compliment and or distraction from the theme parks. Glendale CA has a trolly, and that IS awesome, but does it have a system of river boats transporting guests around the massive complex? Not many shopping areas do, so this is a unique feature of Disney Springs, perhaps even more so then trollys with are becoming common place. That all said, I do wish Disney Springs had one, but I still give em credit for the river boats.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Disone

The concept of a show was very blue sky, and I don't think ever got really close to being done.

Hyperion Wharf was a MUCH smaller project than Disney Springs.

A little more info http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...ture-and-state-of-the-art-lighting-design.htm
Oh I am familar with Hyperion Wharf, and yes, Disney Springs is a much bigger project. Seems like the water show was more of a loose idea or concept that never gain any footing. Prob why I never heard of it until now.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Very nice restrooms in the Town Center.

DSC08092-1.jpg
DSC08095-2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom