The Town Center construction

Martinezia5

New Lime Garage signage up!
20160521_170301.jpg

Next Big Thing

Bus testing is underway. Also in the 2 minutes I was there a poor tourist was already lost driving through the bus area. I'm sure that will happen often.
I doubt it will happen too often once buses are going in and out of there consistently. Right now it's fairly easy to get confused.

G00fyDad

I was curious about that the other day when I saw the photos here showing the bus lanes. I wondered how confusing this will be for people not familiar with the area.

halltd

The bus lane entrance near Epcot Center Drive is harder to accidentally enter than I thought it would be. But, that's because buses aren't currently using it (or they weren't last time I drove by it). I'm thinking the only way people will get "lost" entering one is that if they are following a bus closely and not really paying attention. They could just follow right into the bus lane that way. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm also really curious to see how the bus/traffic merging is going to work heading away from Disney Springs where the bus lane ends at the BVD/ECD intersection during peak times.

WhatJaneSays

The bus lanes might take a bit to get used to for locals, tourists will have a higher rate of driving mishaps once it's all done.

However ... everywhere I've ever gone with dedicated bus lanes, no matter how long they've been there or how well they're marked, always get cars in them.

mm121

Photo update as of Thursday, May 19. The Disney Springs sign is up, but work on the fountain and landscaping still continues.

View attachment 142802

View attachment 142803
interesting to see that the sign has a backup power generator
Bus testing is underway. Also in the 2 minutes I was there a poor tourist was already lost driving through the bus area. I'm sure that will happen often.
this could have been eliminated if they would have constructed the overpass on the west/southbound lanes of lbv like was originally planned, as if they would have done that someone would have had to follow a bus all through the bus lanes going east/north to end up in the bus drop off
I was curious about that the other day when I saw the photos here showing the bus lanes. I wondered how confusing this will be for people not familiar with the area.
im sure buses are use to encountering cars where they arent suppose to be

halltd

interesting to see that the sign has a backup power generator

this could have been eliminated if they would have constructed the overpass on the west/southbound lanes of lbv like was originally planned, as if they would have done that someone would have had to follow a bus all through the bus lanes going east/north to end up in the bus drop off

im sure buses are use to encountering cars where they arent suppose to be
They could have eliminated it if the mass transit was separated from the traffic by being at a different elevation as well...ya know, like a monorail. :) They could have also installed WAY less impervious surfaces to the BVD corridor.

mm121

They could have eliminated it if the mass transit was separated from the traffic by being at a different elevation as well...ya know, like a monorail. :) They could have also installed WAY less impervious surfaces to the BVD corridor.
rather than a monorail expansion that we all know is never going to happen

would be cool to see an automated pod system like at london heathrow but thats a discussion for other threads

lazyboy97o

its a bit annoying that they didnt install any mirrors

though i know that saves on cleaning

without mirrors the slobs wont be able to see their slobs
Mirrors are not above the sinks across Walt Disney World. Restrooms really are not an area where Disney skimps, with the EPCOT Codes full of additional and specific requirements very much unique to the Improvement District.

mm121

Mirrors are not above the sinks across Walt Disney World. Restrooms really are not an area where Disney skimps, with the EPCOT Codes full of additional and specific requirements very much unique to the Improvement District.
interesting guess ive never paid enough attention to actually remember

i'd be curious to know the official reason, as rest areas, malls, pretty much everywhere (even super ty places) have them, and they dont have too many issues with keeping them clean or breakage

some kind of international cultural thing prehaps

Jon81uk

interesting guess ive never paid enough attention to actually remember

i'd be curious to know the official reason, as rest areas, malls, pretty much everywhere (even super ****ty places) have them, and they dont have too many issues with keeping them clean or breakage

some kind of international cultural thing prehaps

If I remember correctly, there usually is a mirror in the bathrooms, just not above the sink. I can remember a full length mirror near the entrance/exit to most WDW bathrooms.

mm121

I do think they missed out not adding something else. A free fountain show would be nice. But even another option of evening entertainment such as a dinner show, indoor mini golf or comedy club would be very welcome. All of the entertainment in the bars seems to just be singers with guitars.
they could have built an indoor go carting place and an indoor mini golf on the roof of the two parking garages

i still think it would be cool if they built aspects of the hyperion warf project over to the west of the west side, they could even build a third garage over there special for it

and make it be the "adults" area like a new pleasure island just not in the middle so then it doesnt have the issues it did before of cutting off access between the west side and the marketplace
Planning a trip down to visit the rest of Disney Springs soon. I was there a few weeks ago and loved the shopping, food and entertainment that was there the day we visited. Can not wait to see the new areas. Still I agree with Jon81uk that I would like to see a dinner show or other entertainment. Indoor mini golf would be a hit with my family. If Disney Springs is successful maybe additions could be added. There is room to expand into the old bus area on the Westend that as not been used for years as well as the Market side bus stops (once the new bus area opens).
there were plans to build stores on the marketplace bus stop though i think i read somewhere that those got dropped
I really don't see why people are saying this looks so great. Although I haven't seen it in real life yet, from the photos you could be showing me the Premium Outlets or any number of malls across the country. Nothing about it seems particularly 'Disney' or something you couldn't see anywhere.
the landing looks themed and the springs area is cool, but i agree the actual town center area looks boring and like many other malls
Oh I am familar with Hyperion Wharf, and yes, Disney Springs is a much bigger project. Seems like the water show was more of a loose idea or concept that never gain any footing. Prob why I never heard of it until now.
would be cool to see a watershow in the marketplace lagoon, or see it redone as a big spring, maybe one people could swim in

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom