The Town Center construction

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
interesting guess ive never paid enough attention to actually remember

i'd be curious to know the official reason, as rest areas, malls, pretty much everywhere (even super ****ty places) have them, and they dont have too many issues with keeping them clean or breakage

some kind of international cultural thing prehaps
This is only a guess but I think the lack of mirrors over the sinks is done as a traffic flow solution. Having mirrors over the sinks can keep people there longer primping and preening causing a backup of people waiting to use the sinks to wash their hands. I've had this happen so many times in public bathrooms. A bunch of girls standing there blocking every sink doing their hair and touching up their makeup when all I want to do is wash my hands! The single mirror by the door typically encourages people to do a quick appearance check and keep moving without blocking the sinks.

Ripken10

This is only a guess but I think the lack of mirrors over the sinks is done as a traffic flow solution. Having mirrors over the sinks can keep people there longer primping and preening causing a backup of people waiting to use the sinks to wash their hands. I've had this happen so many times in public bathrooms. A bunch of girls standing there blocking every sink doing their hair and touching up their makeup when all I want to do is wash my hands! The single mirror by the door typically encourages people to do a quick appearance check and keep moving without blocking the sinks.
Yeah, it's an even bigger problem in the men's room;) Men just can't stop primping... Actually I do agree with you.

hpyhnt 1000

This x100. An added benefit is cleaning. Keeping the mirror(s) away from the sinks means less water and soap getting splashed onto them.

One of those small Disney design choices that works the more you think about it.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
This x100. An added benefit is cleaning. Keeping the mirror(s) away from the sinks means less water and soap getting splashed onto them.

One of those small Disney design choices that works the more you think about it.
The lack of mirrors over the sinks probably cuts down on hair clogs in the drains too.

nelsonj3

Finally got over here yesterday and all I have to say is WOW! Call me a pixie duster all day long but the Town Center is absolutely astounding! Not once did I feel like I was outside "Disney", this entire place is crawling with that Disney "touch". Like it or not, this entire redevoplement has been an out of the park home run and I really look forward to spending more time at Disney Springs
I feel the same way, and I'm not ashamed! :D

No Name

Disney Springs is not my absolute #1 interest, particularly with so much theme park related stuff opening and going on during May and June.

But I do want to say that it looks very nice.

halltd

Disney Springs is not my absolute #1 interest, particularly with so much theme park related stuff opening and going on during May and June.

But I do want to say that it looks very nice.
It should be. It's amazingly well done. And if you read into the story, it's even more insanely well done.

No Name

It should be.

Shanghai Disneyland is my #1 interest. Skull Island: Reign of Kong, and all of the DAK nighttime stuff combined, are tied for second. Disney Springs falls right below that, for me.

But I did not mean to imply that this is less than great. It's just that an addition to a shopping center can't top a new Disney park/resort.

Next Big Thing

its a bit annoying that they didnt install any mirrors

though i know that saves on cleaning

without mirrors the slobs wont be able to see their slobs
It takes maybe 45 seconds and the use of chemicals that WDW is required to have. If they want to clean a mirror they've got all the supplies in the supply cabinet still (Custodial cleans storefront windows, too). It has little to do with custodial.

Next Big Thing

After having now fully explored everything at Town Center, I do hope they tweak variety as the years go on. It's a bit to female leaning in the types of products offered. I hope an Apple Store makes it's way in as an electronics store is sorely missing from the lineup (there's a giant space right next to the escalators for the Garage that I don't believe we have a record of a tenant for yet, too).

djkidkaz

After having now fully explored everything at Town Center, I do hope they tweak variety as the years go on. It's a bit to female leaning in the types of products offered. I hope an Apple Store makes it's way in as an electronics store is sorely missing from the lineup (there's a giant space right next to the escalators for the Garage that I don't believe we have a record of a tenant for yet, too).

They have Sound Lion.

Ripken10

THAT'S NOT ENOUGH!

Sound Lion is great for the segment of entertainment it serves, but they still need more.
Fairly confident that women drive the retail market. Research will show that there is far more money in stores geared towards woman than men.

From a personal standpoint, I am really looking forward to going to Disney Springs, more than probably most in my family. But I also know that the woman in my family will spend far more than I ever would, regardless of what stores are there. It's a stereotype, not all people are like that, but the point of a stereotype is that it does show what the majority is like, and that's what a place like Disney Springs will always be more geared towards woman than men.

Next Big Thing

Fairly confident that women drive the retail market. Research will show that there is far more money in stores geared towards woman than men.

From a personal standpoint, I am really looking forward to going to Disney Springs, more than probably most in my family. But I also know that the woman in my family will spend far more than I ever would, regardless of what stores are there. It's a stereotype, not all people are like that, but the point of a stereotype is that it does show what the majority is like, and that's what a place like Disney Springs will always be more geared towards woman than men.
I could outspend a lot of women between a potential Apple store, Trophy Room, Uniqlo and Zara. I know that i'd be an anomaly, but just an ever so slight tilt in the scales would be nice.

G00fyDad

Or a Samsung store.

Mr KK

A few images from Town Center.

Town Center 1.jpg Town Center 2.jpg Town Center 3.jpg Town Center 4.jpg Town Center 5.jpg Town Center 6.jpg Town Center 7.jpg Town Center 8.jpg

Next Big Thing

The town center honestly in my opinion gives some local Malls and outlets a run for their money
It gives Millenia an easy run for it's money. The problem with places like Florida Mall and Millenia is that both are primarily 2-story inside malls. A lot of the higher end stores are secluded into their own, pretentious corner of the mall at those. At Disney Springs, I'm more likely to go into a Zara or Uniqlo type of store, because of ease of access. They're some of the first things you see at Disney Springs whereas they're secluded and often empty at other malls. Same reason I go to Art of Shaving at DS but not other malls. At DS, it's easy to find where other malls, you have to search for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom