The Town Center construction

Speedy71

Hopefully we get refurbs next.

63889848.jpg

EthanMagicBands

Are people really that excited about THE SPRINGS. IT seems to me that it is just an outside shopping mall. The restaurants are cool, but all the shops are nothing to get excited about; the stores are the same stores you can find almost anywhere. They are not going to have exclusive Disney merchandise, are they?

For me it's the restaurants and the dispersal of crowds through a larger area. I also like the new traffic flow with parking garages, etc (I know that sounds lame).

I do agree about the shopping. Most of it to me is very high-end mall-like and not for my tastes. But there are a couple of cool new areas like the World of Coke store and the fountains and what-not.

I think I'll be excited for the first month it's open to try all the new stuff and browse. After that I'm not sure how often I'll actually be in the Town Center area of DS.

djkidkaz

The Directory signs are now working (at least the one by orange garage). I took these pics a couple hours ago. They Show the shops and restaurants which (I assume?) will be opening Sunday, and those which will open later in the year. The Last pic shows the B.B. Wolf's menu.
View attachment 141612 View attachment 141613 View attachment 141614

@danlb_2000 does this give us any new information? Or did we already have all the retailers locked down? Does this map even show all the under construction buildings?

What is Sugarboo?

articos

@danlb_2000 does this give us any new information? Or did we already have all the retailers locked down? Does this map even show all the under construction buildings?

What is Sugarboo?
Sugarboo & Co is a family-owned eclectic art and home goods store.

Interesting that the buses are still labeled up at the Marketplace yet stores opening in summer are already listed.
The Gates bus depot will list when the buses switch over. They don't want to confuse anyone now.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Are people really that excited about THE SPRINGS. IT seems to me that it is just an outside shopping mall. The restaurants are cool, but all the shops are nothing to get excited about; the stores are the same stores you can find almost anywhere. They are not going to have exclusive Disney merchandise, are they?
As an international traveler from a smallish city, I beg to differ. I've never even heard of 3/4 of the stores opening. They certainly are not stores that I can find almost anywhere.

Marc Davis Fan

The aspect I'm looking forward to is the architectural placemaking, especially the "springs" water feature. While I'm not expecting World Showcase or DAK, it looks like it'll be a nice additional place to walk around, have dinner/drinks, etc.

JohnWD

Hey! Where have you been? Good to have you back.

There's been a whole range of discussions ranging from a first class destination for WDW and Orlando visitors, to over priced outlet mall. The changes that are already opened (e.g. Boat House) have won over a lot of people on this board. So I think the excitement for Town Center is somewhat due to the great changes in place.

A lot of people love to shop and eat!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No

beefog

As an international traveler from a smallish city, I beg to differ. I've never even heard of 3/4 of the stores opening. They certainly are not stores that I can find almost anywhere.

Being from the NYC area, I can find these stores very easily at any mall, or 5th avenue. Maybe not small town, but around here, yeah

beefog

Hey! Where have you been? Good to have you back.

There's been a whole range of discussions ranging from a first class destination for WDW and Orlando visitors, to over priced outlet mall. The changes that are already opened (e.g. Boat House) have won over a lot of people on this board. So I think the excitement for Town Center is somewhat due to the great changes in place.

A lot of people love to shop and eat!

I am a lurker, read alot but don't post much. The pictures of the directories just made me chuckle and moved me to post ;) I agree the food and restaurants are awesome and being a DVC SSR owner I love all the new options a jump across the pond from where I stay. The stores are just MEH and the only reason I will be walking through the Town Center is to get to a new food option :happy:

Jon81uk

It's interesting that there is no mention about boat service to the resorts.
If you are staying at a resort with boat service you probably already know about it and if you arrive by boat you know to go back to the same dock to go back to resort. For non-resort guests the boat service between the various districts of the Springs is better information to have. Too much information can be confusing.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Being from the NYC area, I can find these stores very easily at any mall, or 5th avenue. Maybe not small town, but around here, yeah

That is definitely one of the positives of living in NYC...having these types of stores all around.
Most people are not from NYC...so much of this will be something different for them...

G00fyDad

None of those places really jump out at me as a good place to shop. But that's just me I guess.

If they opened a Lush in DS then we'd probably be broke before day 2 of our trip. My wife makes me drive her to this place (across the river in Louisville, KY) every couple of weeks. She keeps track of new products, sale products, and inventory like she works there or something. I have been trying to get her to take a trip to the UK forever. She always says that she has no desire despite my severe urge to move there. :) However, now that she knows this place is based in the UK she now wants to take a vacation to the UK. Go figure. o_O

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom