The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, May 13. A few more updates before Disney Springs opens on Sunday. The electronic directory is orange at Town Center. This one is located as you descend the escalator from the Lime garage into Town Center.

IMG_7868.JPG

An electronic directory is now located in front of the Waterside Stage at the Marketplace.

IMG_7870.JPG

An update to the valet parking kiosk located next to Basin and the old Marketplace surface parking lot. Previously shown was the check-in desk. Now a back wall with cabinets has been installed.

IMG_7869.JPG

The valet parking station at the Orange garage entrance now has a check-in desk as well as the cabinets on the back wall.

IMG_7877.JPG

Inside Once Upon A Toy, the temporary wall separating construction of the new Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique was moved back to allow a small room for additional merchandize display. But the important part is now the building's public restrooms are against available for use, down a short corridor on the right. There will not be a public entrance here for the Boutique.

IMG_7872.JPG

IMG_7871.JPG

Finally, new medallions have been installed on the compass points in the plaza in front of The Hangar Bar. Look down, but avoid running into other guests.

IMG_7876.JPG

IMG_7875.JPG

IMG_7874.JPG

IMG_7873.JPG

EthanMagicBands

That is definitely one of the positives of living in NYC...having these types of stores all around.
Most people are not from NYC...so much of this will be something different for them...

It's not just NYC that has these stores either.... I used to live in Seattle before moving to Orlando and they have all of these same stores in the local high-end malls there as well (especially in Bellevue). Las Vegas has them, L.A. and SF has them.... really most major cities in the USA.

But there are a LOT of international travelers who visit here, and rural folks as well, where this will be all new.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It's not just NYC that has these stores either.... I used to live in Seattle before moving to Orlando and they have all of these same stores in the local high-end malls there as well (especially in Bellevue). Las Vegas has them, L.A. and SF has them.... really most major cities in the USA.

But there are a LOT of international travelers who visit here, and rural folks as well, where this will be all new.

Yes, I am sure all of the destination cities in the US on either coast have a lot of these stores.

Slowjack

Are people really that excited about THE SPRINGS. IT seems to me that it is just an outside shopping mall. The restaurants are cool, but all the shops are nothing to get excited about; the stores are the same stores you can find almost anywhere. They are not going to have exclusive Disney merchandise, are they?
Well, that's all the area has ever been, an outdoor mall. Personally, I don't much care about the Town Center specifically--just a bunch of shops--but the area as a whole is quite well done and a nice place to go during times when you're at WDW and don't want to go to a park. Disney Springs as a whole is a big upgrade on the disjointed, hard-to-navigate Downtown Disney.

Cesar R M

Just got news that the old marketplace bus stop is going to be turned into more shopping additions about 12-15 more stores to be added!
The area is pretty big. I wonder if they will continue the same style/decor of the stores right next to that area.

benji

None of those places really jump out at me as a good place to shop. But that's just me I guess.

If they opened a Lush in DS then we'd probably be broke before day 2 of our trip. My wife makes me drive her to this place (across the river in Louisville, KY) every couple of weeks. She keeps track of new products, sale products, and inventory like she works there or something. I have been trying to get her to take a trip to the UK forever. She always says that she has no desire despite my severe urge to move there. :) However, now that she knows this place is based in the UK she now wants to take a vacation to the UK. Go figure. o_O
We have a Lush here in Orlando in the Mall at Millenia. It's about a 15 minute drive down I-4 from Disney. Beautiful place and it has much of the same stores as Disney Springs. Your wife might like it there also.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom