The Town Center construction

G00fyDad

We have a Lush here in Orlando in the Mall at Millenia. It's about a 15 minute drive down I-4 from Disney. Beautiful place and it has much of the same stores as Disney Springs. Your wife might like it there also.

Okay. My wife just saw this. Now she wants to go to that Lush too. LOL

JohnWD

image.jpeg
Or just leave because they are cranky and tired. Sorry, my question was rhetorical. The real reason is cost savings, they don't have to maintain all those benches.
A lot of cranky and tired on this board! :) No surcharge for using guest relations rocking chairs!!!

PinnySmart

I hope this does exactly what Disney intended when deciding to build it and that is to stop shoppers from leaving property to shop at other malls. This wasn't built for those of us who can easily shop at these stores in our local malls. This is to keep International visitors on property. There will still be plenty of traffic at the Premium Outlet malls and as we all know those are not actually outlet prices but now maybe I can at least find a parking space.

Cesar R M

A guest sitting on a bench isn't spending money.

A guest who wants to rest and can't find a bench is more likely to purchase food/drinks and sit down in a restaurant/quick service.
Which actually backfired. Now we see people who are not buying, sitting in the areas designed for those who buy food.

I suppose it is because as long as you are sitting you are not dumping your money in a store.

Well, they are partly fools.
Cranky people who are tired and hot hardly will magically find a reason to expend money on merchandise.

Jon81uk

Yesssss! Why wdw is so anti bench is beyond reason.
Benches were removed from the Magic Kingdom hub area as people would stand on them to try and get better fireworks views. There is a risk/liability issue with someone standing up there.

A few other places the benches cause narrow walkways and it possible to walk into them if not paying attention.

But they should look to add more benches to nice tucked away corners.

EthanMagicBands

Just got back from Disney Springs. It's getting pretty crowded down there and the Lime garage is filling up. 2nd floor is full. Sprinkles and D-LUXE Burger both have about 30-60 minute waits. Took us 20 minutes to get our Morimoto Street Food (which was very good, yet very high priced).

Very beautiful, but on the way back my wife and I were discussing how nearly all of the shops that are opened so far are fashion (makeup, jewelry, clothes) and very few other than that. Under Armor is nice, but that Coca-Cola and Trophy Room, as well as additional restaurants, are really needed. Hopefully as the years go on some more variety will come in. I think it really needs an Apple Store, a Hallmark flagship, a Sharper Image type of a store, etc.... just something different.

Should be really pretty at night.

Disone

Just got back from Disney Springs. It's getting pretty crowded down there and the Lime garage is filling up. 2nd floor is full. Sprinkles and D-LUXE Burger both have about 30-60 minute waits. Took us 20 minutes to get our Morimoto Street Food (which was very good, yet very high priced).

Very beautiful, but on the way back my wife and I were discussing how nearly all of the shops that are opened so far are fashion (makeup, jewelry, clothes) and very few other than that. Under Armor is nice, but that Coca-Cola and Trophy Room, as well as additional restaurants, are really needed. Hopefully as the years go on some more variety will come in. I think it really needs an Apple Store, a Hallmark flagship, a Sharper Image type of a store, etc.... just something different.

Should be really pretty at night.
AGREE. I too was there. Deluxe was a 20 minute wait to order and an additional 10 minute wait for the food. What is the Trophy Room? Caught my interest but IDK what it is. But yes, Town center is very pretty, very nice, very large, and very mainstream retail.

Speedy71

People know that I sometimes lean hard to the doom and gloom side.. but daamn.. those areas looks beautiful!
Then after seeing some videos of the Shanghai Disneyland rides.. gives me hope regarding Avatar and ROL.

I agree it is beautiful but I still prefer to see refurbs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom