The Town Center construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 11. The new "Disney Springs" entrance door to the World of Disney store is uncovered, but not open yet. However, you can view Town Center from the door windows. Under Armour has a flagship store in the tower structure.

IMG_7847.JPG

A side view of the walk up food outlet dispensing a Canadian favorite: "Poutine" French fries covered in gravy and cheese. Poutine is directly behind the Lego Store.

IMG_7849.JPG

Another courtyard fountain.

IMG_7848.JPG

The springs were bubbling in several places today, on both sides of the bridge.

IMG_7841.JPG

This new shelter just outside Basin will serve as a valet parking kiosk. The original Marketplace parking lot (straight ahead) will probably be the valet parking area. The Lime garage is just off to the right in the below photo. The road in the background goes out to Buena Vista Drive.

IMG_7850.JPG

More electronic map displays are popping up at Disney Springs entry points. This one will serve people coming from Hotel Plaza Blvd. Another one will be installed at The Landing close to the Disney ferry dock entrance.

IMG_7851.JPG

This electronic map display is located at Bongo's which is just across from the alternate pedestrian entrance to the Orange garage, near Splitsville.

IMG_7857.JPG

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 11. Additional photos. As suspected, the Disney Springs entrance sign at the intersection of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Drive will be a fountain, with all the plumbing in the back, recently installed.

IMG_7853.JPG

IMG_7852.JPG

Work crews are busy putting final touches and landscaping on the new Disney bus terminal for Disney Springs. This is a view of the pedestrian walkway as you depart the center lane bus shelters....called "Gates" at Disney Springs. The large building on the left is the back of the Coca Cola building.

IMG_7860.JPG

The small building just to the right of the Coca Cola building, which faces the transportation terminal, is another Guest Relations building, this one for strollers and wheelchairs. The red sign above the entrance says "Sundries," giving the impression it was an older business. The words "Strollers" and "Wheelchairs" appear below this red sign and above the green and white awning. Notice the blue sign on the bus shelter which says "Gates 1-9."

IMG_7858.JPG

Last edited:

Christobal1935

Thinking of going back the Buena Vista Village, Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney thing. I liked going there. I would go there without going to the Disney Parks. Then it seemed to lose its identity. It just closed things and left their bones to be seen. Like they didn't care about the guest experience. It seems like they are trying again but I don't want to go if it's full of construction walls and promises of the future. My basic question is are they really open or should I wait a year.

Jon81uk

Thinking of going back the Buena Vista Village, Pleasure Island, Downtown Disney thing. I liked going there. I would go there without going to the Disney Parks. Then it seemed to lose its identity. It just closed things and left their bones to be seen. Like they didn't care about the guest experience. It seems like they are trying again but I don't want to go if it's full of construction walls and promises of the future. My basic question is are they really open or should I wait a year.

The only major construction walls for the next year will be The Edison (on the old Adventurers Club site). As in WDWTravellers photos, almost all walls are down already with stores opening up this weekend. Planet Hollywood and Fultons (Paddlefish) remain closed until later this year.

But basically in the Town Center you should see some empty stores or some still doing shop fit-out but major construction is done right now. Only major construction left is The Edison.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The only major construction walls for the next year will be The Edison (on the old Adventurers Club site). As in WDWTravellers photos, almost all walls are down already with stores opening up this weekend. Planet Hollywood and Fultons (Paddlefish) remain closed until later this year.

But basically in the Town Center you should see some empty stores or some still doing shop fit-out but major construction is done right now. Only major construction left is The Edison.

There is still a building next to Coke that has not been started yet. The area is being used for construction access so they will probably start on it once most of the other construction in that area is wrapped up.

EthanMagicBands

I wish the Directory signs were themed better, but I do understand that they want to make them stand out for guests to see. The one in the Marketplace looks decent (with the correct font for the Directory wording and some style lines), but the one at the Orange garage looks like one you'd see in the Florida Mall.

G00fyDad

I wish the Directory signs were themed better, but I do understand that they want to make them stand out for guests to see. The one in the Marketplace looks decent (with the correct font for the Directory wording and some style lines), but the one at the Orange garage looks like one you'd see in the Florida Mall.

They should have made these interactive as well as static. What I mean is that they show a static map of the area complete with a "You are Here" spot. However, when you touch the store you are looking for in the store list to the side the map would "come alive" so to speak and show you a moving dotted line leading directly to the store you are looking for. Something small, but it would be a neat feature. :)

Cesar R M

Photo update as of Wednesday, May 11. Additional photos. As suspected, the Disney Springs entrance sign at the intersection of Hotel Plaza Blvd and Buena Vista Drive will be a fountain, with all the plumbing in the back, recently installed.

View attachment 141445

View attachment 141446

Work crews are busy putting final touches and landscaping on the new Disney bus terminal for Disney Springs. This is a view of the pedestrian walkway as you depart the center lane bus shelters....called "Gates" at Disney Springs. The large building on the left is the back of the Coca Cola building.

View attachment 141447

The small building just to the right of the Coca Cola building, which faces the transportation terminal, is another Guest Relations building, this one for strollers and wheelchairs. The red sign above the entrance says "Sundries," giving the impression it was an older business. The words "Strollers" and "Wheelchairs" appear below this red sign and above the green and white awning. Notice the blue sign on the bus shelter which says "Gates 1-9."

View attachment 141448
much appreciated on these update photos!

beefog

Are people really that excited about THE SPRINGS. IT seems to me that it is just an outside shopping mall. The restaurants are cool, but all the shops are nothing to get excited about; the stores are the same stores you can find almost anywhere. They are not going to have exclusive Disney merchandise, are they?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom