The Things Kids Say.............

sweetpee_1993

It's not just preteen boys! We ate there (it was very good) and I left my camera on the table with my husband and when I came back I started looking at pictures on it and there must have been 50 pictures of the belly dancer. :ROFLOL: I was only gone maybe 5 mins.

Good to know it's not just the younger boys. LOL! We enjoyed Marrakesh, too. I know the place gets a bad rap quite often but we liked it. :D

zurgandfriend

Well, it's not a cute little kid thing but ya gotta appreciate the thoughts of preteen boys.

In January we had my in-laws at WDW with us. My MIL loves middle eastern food & requested Restaurant Marrakesh which I scheduled for our 1st night. A few hours before dinner my 12 year old son says to me, "Mom, I'm hungry. When & where are we eating?" Here's the rest of the conversation:

Me: "We're eating at Marrakesh in Morocco at (whatever the time was)."

Brian: "What?! Why?! Why aren't we eating somewhere normal like we usually do."

Me: "Where would that be?"

Brian: "Biergarten or something. What the heck is Marrakesh? I'm not eating."

Me: "Mimi only asked to eat at a couple restaurants during this trip and this is one of them. How do you know you don't like it? You've never tried it. Give it a chance."

Brian: "I'm too hungry to eat weird stuff."

Me: "It's not weird. Give it a try. Besides, there's entertainment."

Brian: "What kind of entertainment?"

Me: "They have music and a belly dancer."

Brian (now becoming curious): "What's a belly dancer?"

Me: "It's a lady who wears a neat costume and you can see her belly. She dances. Hence - belly dancing. It's interesting. You'll like it."

Brian (now totally fascinated....with an excited air of hope): "Oooh! Does she wear a top???"

Me (now wanting to smack my son for even thinking it): "Yes, Brian. They don't do topless dancers at Walt Disney World."

So, yeah, gotta love the thought process of the preteen boys. :lol: We ended up sitting in a far out of the way corner so we couldn't really see the dancing. Brian was so totally enthralled with my lamb dinner, ate most of it, and has found his new favorite food. He never even missed the dancing chick. :lol:

We always take turns picking where to have dinner at WDW. DW picks, DS picks, then iI pick, then we go around again. Last trip (2009) DS pick Restaurant Marrakesh and the Luau at the Poly. I asked my son why those places and he said "belly dancers and hula girls dad."

jennc2001

??? What was he too small to ride???

haha...yes, my bad...i meant space mountain. it was late, my mind was fuzzy!! yes, he was too small to ride space mountain so we told him that TTA WAS space mountain :) hehe. i never would have noticed...thanks for pointing that out for me!

CamiLyn227

When I was about 5 or 6 (I'm an adult now so it was a long time ago) I called the Hall of Presidents "the Government". Since then my family still calls it that!

Also, my dad calls Wilderness Lodge "Fort Smokey" because he could smell the fireplace smoke when he walked in. We all still call it that, too.

And of course there is no such thing as TTA or Hollywood Studios....it is the People Mover and MGM!

But I am a hypocrite because I get mad when people call some rides by the wrong name. Last year I over heard somone say "Mt. Everest" when the ride is clearly called Expedition Everest!:goodnevil

MoonMouse1

Not Disney...but we were at Universal the other day waiting for the Horror Makeup show and there is a picture of the Bride of Frankenstein in the waiting area, and these two little boys were like "OMG dad it's Lady gaga!" :lol:

Mrs. Nesbit

Not Disney...but we were at Universal the other day waiting for the Horror Makeup show and there is a picture of the Bride of Frankenstein in the waiting area, and these two little boys were like "OMG dad it's Lady gaga!" :lol:

:ROFLOL:

After a trip in May when it was very warm, my family still calls Spaceship Earth "the great big ball of air conditioning."

spectrodanny

When I was about 5 or 6 (I'm an adult now so it was a long time ago) I called the Hall of Presidents "the Government". Since then my family still calls it that!

Also, my dad calls Wilderness Lodge "Fort Smokey" because he could smell the fireplace smoke when he walked in. We all still call it that, too.

And of course there is no such thing as TTA or Hollywood Studios....it is the People Mover and MGM!

But I am a hypocrite because I get mad when people call some rides by the wrong name. Last year I over heard somone say "Mt. Everest" when the ride is clearly called Expedition Everest!:goodnevil

i'm kinda the same way to me "Grizzly Hall" in Fronteirland is either the "Country Bear Vacation Hoedown" or the "Country Bear Christmas Special" (I didn't see the Original until i'd seen the other two shows in California.

L2DAVI

My DS says on a regular basis:"Mommy, can we go to Florida?" What he really means is "Mommy, can we go to Disney World?" Also, he asks if he can have his birthday at Disney again. (We celebrated his 3rd B-day there and all of Main Street at MK sang Happy Birthday to him):sohappy:

loveofamouse

isn't that exactly why it's called a monorail???

I think you missed the part where I said he's 5. lol. He also has Aspergers and Aspies see everything VERY literal. To him, a train is your traditional locamotive that rides on two rails. Monorails are not "trains" because they ride on one rail. He also doesn't see Subways or the trains that rely on power wires above the tracks as trains simply because they do not look like the literal, traditional definition of train. To him, a monorail is a monorail is a completely seperate catagory. lol. In fact, the monorails that have the rail ABOVE the train are not "monorails" to him simply because they do not look, to him, like the things he has learned to define as "monorail". He knows mono means one because when he was 3, he asked me why was a monorail called monorail. I told him mono means one and it's a train that rides on one track. To him, monorails are trains but not "trains"

Clear as mud, right ;):wave:

disneygirl1

Oh I love this thread!!! I have been taking my son to Disney pretty much every year since he has been 16 months old... Around the time that he was 3 he was fascinated with the Beauty and the Beast Movie, well that year when we told him we were going to Disney and were looking at pictures from past trips, he decided that Cindy's Castle was the Beast's House!!! So from that point on for years he referred to it as that!!! :ROFLOL:

TakeMeThere81

My sons call Living With the Land "The Vegetable Ride". And my middle son always calls Space Mountain Mission: Space. Other than that, they've grown up being "Disney Correct" and say things mostly right! But what's the fun in that?? LOL

jendisney

I took my 9 year old cousin to WDW for the first time, and she asked me why so many people were wearing the "Hamburger Helper hand". Guess she wasn't familiar with the Mickey gloves. :D

THEMEPARKPIONEER

1) Epcot- Apricot
2) Spaceship Earth- the big ball ride
3) Splash mountain- The foom ride
4) Maelstrom- The big scary sound ride... I am assuming it's the host
5) All fountains in future world- the Magic Fountain
6) I am assuming that all kids think the outdoor PA sounds come from the sky 7) and if they see the fireworks why not :lookaroun.
8) how does the same guy stand in the same spot and do the same thing all day long, doesn't he ever go home?

kbmum

lol that is exactly what I say. Disney world= Magic Kingdom. Idk why I say it. Maybe its because I dont know alot about WDW? :shrug:

Ah, I do the same thing and I've been going to Disney World since 1976. I think it's because for my first five trips, Disney World consisted only of the Magic Kingdom, the Contemporary, the Polynesian, the Golf Resort (now called Shades of Green), and the monorail.

UberPlannerMom

When we were planning my sons first trip when he was two we had to tell him that Disney World is Mickey Mouse's house- the whole of Disney World! Well, he recently disovered Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Hong Kong Disney and oh geeze, the one in Japan. Anyway, I had to give them all specific times that Mickey goes to visit there. So according to him now, Mickey has a vacation home, a summer home, a city home and a holiday home in addition to just having a home! Haha!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom