The Things Kids Say.............

ABigBrassBand

Well, it's not a cute little kid thing but ya gotta appreciate the thoughts of preteen boys.

In January we had my in-laws at WDW with us. My MIL loves middle eastern food & requested Restaurant Marrakesh which I scheduled for our 1st night. A few hours before dinner my 12 year old son says to me, "Mom, I'm hungry. When & where are we eating?" Here's the rest of the conversation:

Me: "We're eating at Marrakesh in Morocco at (whatever the time was)."

Brian: "What?! Why?! Why aren't we eating somewhere normal like we usually do."

Me: "Where would that be?"

Brian: "Biergarten or something. What the heck is Marrakesh? I'm not eating."

Me: "Mimi only asked to eat at a couple restaurants during this trip and this is one of them. How do you know you don't like it? You've never tried it. Give it a chance."

Brian: "I'm too hungry to eat weird stuff."

Me: "It's not weird. Give it a try. Besides, there's entertainment."

Brian: "What kind of entertainment?"

Me: "They have music and a belly dancer."

Brian (now becoming curious): "What's a belly dancer?"

Me: "It's a lady who wears a neat costume and you can see her belly. She dances. Hence - belly dancing. It's interesting. You'll like it."

Brian (now totally fascinated....with an excited air of hope): "Oooh! Does she wear a top???"

Me (now wanting to smack my son for even thinking it): "Yes, Brian. They don't do topless dancers at Walt Disney World."

So, yeah, gotta love the thought process of the preteen boys. :lol: We ended up sitting in a far out of the way corner so we couldn't really see the dancing. Brian was so totally enthralled with my lamb dinner, ate most of it, and has found his new favorite food. He never even missed the dancing chick. :lol:
:ROFLOL:, thats too funny! XD

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom