The Talk, News, Rumors, About Phase 3

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Maybe we will get more information at D23 2017? :)
Maybe, but there will be a ton of stuff to talk about. Avatar Land will likely be close to opening or maybe if we are lucky just open. Star Wars Land should be well under way on both coasts and people will be foaming at the mouth looking for details and Toy Story Land at DHS will be near completion too. They might hint at something related to DHS phase 3 too if it still exists by then, but I wouldn't count on a lot of details.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Maybe, but there will be a ton of stuff to talk about. Avatar Land will likely be close to opening or maybe if we are lucky just open. Star Wars Land should be well under way on both coasts and people will be foaming at the mouth looking for details and Toy Story Land at DHS will be near completion too. They might hint at something related to DHS phase 3 too if it still exists by then, but I wouldn't count on a lot of details.

Yeah I know. We didn't get too much about TSL and SWL when they were announced. (we still don't know too much even today) But if Phase 3 exists in 2017, it will most likely be a announcement similar to SWL. In other words, they announce the land, but they do not explain too many details. Then construction will start in early 2018 maybe to have a possible 2020 or 2021 date for opening.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Look. I know I said I would stop talking about Cars Land, but I found out something that is a possibility. I do admit now Star Wars Land will go in Streets of America and LMA, but I found out that Cars Land would fit perfectly in the picture below where Echo Lake/ Indiana Jones/ American Idol building/ Star Tours (yes. Star Tours will probably be moved to SWL) . I bet the reason why they continue to let Muppet Courtyard still run is because they are saving it for phase 3 to hold the show room for RSR. My guess is Echo Lake/ Indiana Jones/ American Idol building/ Star Tours will close in early 2018 around the time TSL will probably opens. Sorry for the bad cropping.
Picture2.jpg

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Look. I know I said I would stop talking about Cars Land, but I found out something that is a possibility. I do admit now Star Wars Land will go in Streets of America and LMA, but I found out that Cars Land would fit perfectly in the picture below where Echo Lake/ Indiana Jones/ American Idol building/ Star Tours (yes. Star Tours will probably be moved to SWL) . I bet the reason why they continue to let Muppet Courtyard still run is because they are saving it for phase 3 to hold the show room for RSR. My guess is Echo Lake/ Indiana Jones/ American Idol building/ Star Tours will close in early 2018 around the time TSL will probably opens. Sorry for the bad cropping.
View attachment 142916
Just stop....

GoofGoof

Premium Member
View attachment 142916
Not to add fuel to the fire, but they could expand into the backstage area and parking lot behind Indy.

Is this possible? Sure, but not real likely. First, Muppets is staying. If it was just going to be a temporary place holder until SW land opened they wouldn't be wasting time and money retheming restaurants. The movie is relatively cheap to maintain and is a people eater. Even without a prime time show the Muppets have nostalgia going for them. Muppet Courtyard is not going anywhere. Second, they won't move Star Tours. If it is not incorporated into SW Land it may get a reboot with a new theme. The cost of moving the show building and simulators is prohibitive to relocating it. Third, the AI theater will be reused as a theater. Some show will go in there. Again, cheap and easy.

Indy is a wildcard here. I'm pretty sure the show will end once SW Land is ready to open and the park name is officially changed, removing the last standing reference to a studio park. The bigger question is will they demo the Indy arena to make room for something else? It's an expensive demo and also a high capacity facility that is still used regularly for things like cheerleading competitions and special events. I could see them keeping it around as a special event venue.

deere839

maybe rotate SwL to have 3 entrance 3rd one would be for future expansion into the new area where they are moving tolls one entrance from toy story land another muppets and the 3rd one where they are planning to expand to later on

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
maybe rotate SwL to have 3 entrance 3rd one would be for future expansion into the new area where they are moving tolls one entrance from toy story land another muppets and the 3rd one where they are planning to expand to later on

I don't understand. Can you make that drawing so I understand?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
View attachment 142916

It's ok, we never though you would stop. ;)

jt04

View attachment 142916

Interesting. But any expansion in that area would also utilize the parking lot. Carsland not connecting to Pixar Place is a huge theming problem. So, right idea but wrong IP.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster
Interesting. But any expansion in that area would also utilize the parking lot. Carsland not connecting to Pixar Place is a huge theming problem. So, right idea but wrong IP.

And now I realized where I have the show building is where the former Pizza Planet restaurant is forming into a new restaurant. It would make no sense to close a restaurant after it has been re themed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom