Trip Report The Sweet 16th(with a few surprises thrown in)!!

Hello friends!! Welcome one & all to my 2nd trip report!! To those who followed along on my first one(https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-my-clothes.945539/) it's great to have you along again & to anyone new joining in thanks for coming on board. I'm excited to have you all here!!

WHO: my niece H(the birthday girl) & myself

IMG_3810.jpeg

WHEN: Tuesday, August 21st - Saturday, August 25th

WHERE: For anyone that read my first TR I'm sure you can guess where but for those of you that don't know me..... my home away from home, POR

Looking forward to sharing the birthday celebration with you!!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Yay!! I hope you have a great time!! I did a half solo trip last year & I had a blast!!

I'm pretty sure I will have fun - not having to negotiate what and when to eat is going to be heaven. I'm going there to run and now that my daughter is in junior high, it's very stressful getting approval for a day off so I'd rather not ask in case something more important were to come up later in the school year.

amjt660

Premium Member
Well your 2nd TR is done and I’ve got to be honest
It did not live up to the first one
Sure you added H and still had E and J but I just did not feel it

I think you pretty much have to write about your next trip to make up for this one.....,

JK!!!
Loved it
Just tying to guilt you into doing another one!!!

Max

Last edited:

LisaBelle

Loved your report! Glad you did the comparison between dining plan and out of pocket. I always go back and forth about it. My husband never wants to use it. My sister and I did use when we went on our sister’s only trip. We loved having everything pre-paid. It felt like we were eating for free!
We got to see Aladdin when it was in Cincinnati in June! We have season tickets to the Broadway series and it was by far our favorite show of the year. The Genie was spectacular! I think it was my favorite of all the Disney musicals I’ve seen.
My son tried the Italian margarita at Mama Melrose. He loved it too!
Lucky you going back to WDW again next week. Have a great time!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm pretty sure I will have fun - not having to negotiate what and when to eat is going to be heaven. I'm going there to run and now that my daughter is in junior high, it's very stressful getting approval for a day off so I'd rather not ask in case something more important were to come up later in the school year.
Good thinking!! I was amazed when I was by myself how quickly I could do things!!
Well your 2nd TR is done and I’ve got to be honest
It did not live up to the first one
Sure you added H and still had E and J but I just did not feel it

I think you pretty much have to right about your next trip to make up for this one.....,

JK!!!
Loved it
Just tying to guilt you into doing another one!!!

Max
Thanks so much Max!! You're too much!!:)
I will definitely do another one. 48 hours from now the adventure will be beginning--we'll be on our way to the airport!!
Loved your report! Glad you did the comparison between dining plan and out of pocket. I always go back and forth about it. My husband never wants to use it. My sister and I did use when we went on our sister’s only trip. We loved having everything pre-paid. It felt like we were eating for free!
We got to see Aladdin when it was in Cincinnati in June! We have season tickets to the Broadway series and it was by far our favorite show of the year. The Genie was spectacular! I think it was my favorite of all the Disney musicals I’ve seen.
My son tried the Italian margarita at Mama Melrose. He loved it too!
Lucky you going back to WDW again next week. Have a great time!
Thank you!! I'm glad I finally did it. It was kind of a pain to have to keep remembering to save receipts--H was good at reminding me though!! Since I'm paying out of pocket this trip it will be easier to keep track of b/c I'll just charge everything & total it up at the end.
The Genie definitely made the show!! I really enjoyed The Lion King--I don't know which one I liked better!!
That margarita is excellent!!
Thanks--I can't wait!!
Another great report!! Thank you for sharing :joyfull:
Thank you & thanks for reading!! How exciting that you're going in March!!:)

slipperalwaysfits

I really enjoyed reading your whole trip report! I was a little late, so I binge-read it while pretending to enjoy a show my husband likes :rolleyes::p
Anyway, I can only comment on what I remember, lol but it was so sweet of you to take your niece and I love how your sister and J surprised you!
After reading your last TR, I love how brave J was for "A haunted mansion!" You said Pirates bugged him a little, I hope he gets over that fear, soon!

Like you, I prefer "enclosed heights, like Space, and RaRC don't bug me because I can't see...Splash isn't so bad for me, but I don't really enjoy that "straight plunge." It's DH's fave so I've gotten more used to it. I am excited to try Slinky Dog and my goal is to keep my eyes open and enjoy it!!

At BOG, does each guest get their own dessert trio? I just wish I could paint Chip :happy::happy::happy:

Your Chefs de France meal looked so good, I made a reservation for our upcoming trip! I am glad J enjoys Soarin!

I've noticed the buses drive me crazy, too whenever I feel like I need to get somewhere and the buses seem to take FOR-EV-ER. FOR-EV-ER. I'm so sorry you missed your TE but very glad you didn't miss your flight! Sorry the people were so rude and crabby on the flight home! I have bathroom issues, too on the 3.3 hour flight to Disney from Colorado. I go before and after the plane trip but I usually have to go in the middle of the trip, but my husband and I make sure we go at the same time as not to bug whoever is in our row.

Yee-HAW Bob sounds fantastic! We will have to check him out one of these days! So nice of him to surprise J with the CD.

Looking forward to reading your THIRD trip report this year!!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I really enjoyed reading your whole trip report! I was a little late, so I binge-read it while pretending to enjoy a show my husband likes :rolleyes::p
Anyway, I can only comment on what I remember, lol but it was so sweet of you to take your niece and I love how your sister and J surprised you!
After reading your last TR, I love how brave J was for "A haunted mansion!" You said Pirates bugged him a little, I hope he gets over that fear, soon!

Like you, I prefer "enclosed heights, like Space, and RaRC don't bug me because I can't see...Splash isn't so bad for me, but I don't really enjoy that "straight plunge." It's DH's fave so I've gotten more used to it. I am excited to try Slinky Dog and my goal is to keep my eyes open and enjoy it!!

At BOG, does each guest get their own dessert trio? I just wish I could paint Chip :happy::happy::happy:

Your Chefs de France meal looked so good, I made a reservation for our upcoming trip! I am glad J enjoys Soarin!

I've noticed the buses drive me crazy, too whenever I feel like I need to get somewhere and the buses seem to take FOR-EV-ER. FOR-EV-ER. I'm so sorry you missed your TE but very glad you didn't miss your flight! Sorry the people were so rude and crabby on the flight home! I have bathroom issues, too on the 3.3 hour flight to Disney from Colorado. I go before and after the plane trip but I usually have to go in the middle of the trip, but my husband and I make sure we go at the same time as not to bug whoever is in our row.

Yee-HAW Bob sounds fantastic! We will have to check him out one of these days! So nice of him to surprise J with the CD.

Looking forward to reading your THIRD trip report this year!!!
Thanks so much!!

I saw J for dinner yesterday. "A Haunted Mansion" is still a go for him. He said he will ride Pirates when he gets bigger. I asked him again about Slinky Dog & he thought about it(he likes the thought of riding IN Slinky Dog) and said he will go on but he wants to sit with me(great--I guess I may have to ride again!!). Then he asked me if it had any high hills. E & I told him it really didn't.;) We'll see what happens come Thursday....

Yes, at BOG each guest gets their own dessert trio. It's part of the prix fixe menu.

The bus service was great the whole time....until I really needed it to be. I was talking yesterday about running behind for something & my sister C said "Now I can see why you missed the TE". I was cutting it close but if the buses were running in a timely fashion it wouldn't have happened. That's very courteous of you & your husband!

Bob's show is great. I'm bummed b/c he is only going to be there one night while we're there this week. One is better than none though!!

I'm looking forward to doing another one!! Thanks for reading!!:)

DisneyGigi

MDE kept not showing up our Fastpasses some days both here before we left and while there. It was so frustrating when trying see what time a fastpass was. I finally screenshot them when they were up so I would know. I swear I hate that whole ap sometimes. Loved all the Halloween photos. Maybe one day we will try it again if my son can go. Happy Bday to H, and that J is just adorable! :)

LeighM

I'm glad you said this. That's why I try not to judge people b/c I'm sure in most cases there is a good reason. I think I was just irritated b/c of missing the TE, the delayed flight & then I had to juggle all my items every time someone would get up to go to the bathroom. I've probably jinxed myself by complaining--next flight I'll be in the bathroom constantly!!

I'm very self conscious about it so that's why I don't drink anything before traveling and trying to wait until the last possible minute. I always feel like people are judging me LOL. But because I know it's a problem, I try to be considerate for others. No matter where I go, I have to sit on the end seat so no one else has to get up so I can get out. Even at large arena concerts, I reserve an end seat. In the theater, I have to sit at the end of the row closest to the exit. OMG!! That reminds me!! When I was at the theater see Avengers Infinity War, the adrenaline had me going every 30 minutes. It was frustrating but still hilarious because one of the ushers started counting the times I went to the restroom and he would hold up his finger count each time he saw me LOL. My final count was 8 - 8 visits to the restroom during Infinity War :eek:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MDE kept not showing up our Fastpasses some days both here before we left and while there. It was so frustrating when trying see what time a fastpass was. I finally screenshot them when they were up so I would know. I swear I hate that whole ap sometimes. Loved all the Halloween photos. Maybe one day we will try it again if my son can go. Happy Bday to H, and that J is just adorable! :)
So you feel my pain!!! Years ago E would actually do our whole itinerary on small pieces of paper & laminate them & life was so much easier then! The app really drove me crazy this trip!

I absolutely love the Halloween decorations at MK!! I enjoy them more than Christmas. I’m so happy we went to MNSSHP. It’s been on my bucket list for awhile!!

I will pass your greetings to H. Thank you so much!! J is so much fun to be with! I could have choked R yesterday when he blew my cover in front of J’s dad for me sneaking him Hershey Kisses!! The kid knows to keep his mouth shut but R doesn’t!! J even looked at R like “what are you thinking???”

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm very self conscious about it so that's why I don't drink anything before traveling and trying to wait until the last possible minute. I always feel like people are judging me LOL. But because I know it's a problem, I try to be considerate for others. No matter where I go, I have to sit on the end seat so no one else has to get up so I can get out. Even at large arena concerts, I reserve an end seat. In the theater, I have to sit at the end of the row closest to the exit. OMG!! That reminds me!! When I was at the theater see Avengers Infinity War, the adrenaline had me going every 30 minutes. It was frustrating but still hilarious because one of the ushers started counting the times I went to the restroom and he would hold up his finger count each time he saw me LOL. My final count was 8 - 8 visits to the restroom during Infinity War :eek:
Again, this is why I’m glad you said this bc I know it is not right to judge bc you never know what people are going through. I was aggravated with my days events so I was super irritated at that point. I do always tell myself that one day it could be me so....

Funny—R always gets aisle seats when we go to shows bc he likes to have extra leg room so he can spread out in the aisle!

As frustrated as I was on the flight I am the type of person that would rather have the aisle seat anywhere so if I have to get up I’m not inconveniencing others.

That is funny about the usher keeping count!!

Our flight leaves at 4:10 tomorrow. I’m anxious to see what happens!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom