Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Saturday, con’t

With the “finding the room” (on the correct floor) drama over, I unlocked the door with my band and we entered our room.

I bet your view is great!
It sure was!

IMG_1359.jpeg

IMG_1361.jpeg

However the view wasn’t completely unobstructed. Two lovely decorative pieces of steel graced the window.

IMG_1362.jpeg

(Although not nearly as bad as what you had, @sheriffwoody!)

I began to unpack as Woody was leaving to move the car. I noticed that my pillow from home was missing and supposed I’d left it in the car.

It was not in the car.

I did not panic right away. Surely the WL housekeeper would have noticed a pillow in a PINK pillowcase and set it aside? We stayed on club level which only has two dozen rooms. I found the card we’d been given at check in with the direct number to the Old Faithful Club Concierge and called.

I explained that we had checked out of room 7048 earlier and had accidentally left my pillow behind. I anticipated hearing, “Oh yes we have it.”

Instead I heard, “Housekeeping didn’t find anything and they are gone for the day,” in the most unfriendly tone.

Really? They didn’t find A PINK PILLOW?!!

I tried asking another question and the CM cut me off with, “I can text you the email address for Lost and Found.”

Apparently “club level service” did not extend to 11:59 pm for us. There was no apology, no offer to contact head of housekeeping or lost and found for me.

Just rudeness.

Now the panic set in. What if my pillow wasn’t found? (It would be expensive to replace.) All those wonderful stories I’d read about people receiving lost items back from Disney had never happened to us - a Haunted Mansion personal journal, a Minnie umbrella and a WL themed MagicBand can attest to that.

Woody calmed me with, “We’ll buy a new pillow.”

So while the panic was short-lived, the anger wasn’t. I was mad at myself for not double-checking the bed, mad at housekeeping for not turning the pillow in and mad at the club CM who treated me so poorly.

I was still in my swimwear and thought a shower would make me feel better.

It did. Until I turned on my personal hair dryer and it shorted out. There’s no mistaking that burned rubber smell.

Fabulous - now I needed to buy a pillow AND a hair dryer!

I promptly filled out Disney’s Lost Item Report. I received an immediate canned auto-reply, followed later by two more (each a week apart).

This was the last one:
IMG_1504.jpeg

Shocker!

And the team’s best efforts?

Debbie Downer Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live

93boomer

Premium Member
Saturday, con’t

With the “finding the room” (on the correct floor) drama over, I unlocked the door with my band and we entered our room.

It sure was!

View attachment 750502

View attachment 750503

However the view wasn’t completely unobstructed. Two lovely decorative pieces of steel graced the window.

View attachment 750501
(Although not nearly as bad as what you had, @sheriffwoody!)

I began to unpack as Woody was leaving to move the car. I noticed that my pillow from home was missing and supposed I’d left it in the car.

It was not in the car.

I did not panic right away. Surely the WL housekeeper would have noticed a pillow in a PINK pillowcase and set it aside? We stayed on club level which only has two dozen rooms. I found the card we’d been given at check in with the direct number to the Old Faithful Club Concierge and called.

I explained that we had checked out of room 7048 earlier and had accidentally left my pillow behind. I anticipated hearing, “Oh yes we have it.”

Instead I heard, “Housekeeping didn’t find anything and they are gone for the day,” in the most unfriendly tone.

Really? They didn’t find A PINK PILLOW?!!

I tried asking another question and the CM cut me off with, “I can text you the email address for Lost and Found.”

Apparently “club level service” did not extend to 11:59 pm for us. There was no apology, no offer to contact head of housekeeping or lost and found for me.

Just rudeness.

Now the panic set in. What if my pillow wasn’t found? (It would be expensive to replace.) All those wonderful stories I’d read about people receiving lost items back from Disney had never happened to us - a Haunted Mansion personal journal, a Minnie umbrella and a WL themed MagicBand can attest to that.

So while the panic was short-lived, the anger wasn’t. I was mad at myself for not double-checking the bed, mad at housekeeping for not turning the pillow in and mad at the club CM who treated me so poorly.

It did. Until I turned on my personal hair dryer and it shorted out. There’s no mistaking that burned rubber smell.

I promptly filled out Disney’s Lost Item Report. I received an immediate canned auto-reply, followed later by two more (each a week apart).

This was the last one:
View attachment 750504
Shocker!

And the team’s best efforts?

Debbie Downer Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live
season 1 netflix GIF by Gilmore Girls

Zipadeelady

I'm not laughing at your situation but I am laughing at your storytelling. I'm sorry about your pillow, a pillow is everything when sleeping. It will make or break a good night's sleep. And the dreaded smell of a dying hairdryer is the worst.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
View attachment 750832
There should be a ‘weird window views you get at Coronado tower’ thread.
Maybe there is one and I just haven’t seen it….🤷🏻‍♀️
Someone else had the horrible view I had too :hilarious: May have been @joshsprincess921 if I remember right. We were like one room apart.
Whoever designed the tower should be required to stay in one of the weird window view rooms each time they stay there!

But since that is unlikely to happen, I suggest Disney make those views a lower price category so guests are not “surprised” when they enter their room. Kind of a “you get what you pay for” thing.

Sadly, I think that won’t happen either. I was able to manage my disappointment for one night, but any longer would have been an annoyance for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom