Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

93boomer

Premium Member
Friday, con’t

View attachment 746837

When Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin opened in 1998 (y’all that’s 25 years ago! :jawdrop:) I was all over it - mastering a turn (not spinning:depressed:) to line up a target; learning which targets had high point values; and squeezing the trigger so hard and fast that my thumb would have tremors for the next hour.

My competitive self LOVED IT. Although it would be years before I would earn the perfect 999,999 (without the ride stopping like it often does now), I always beat my family members. My kids hated to ride with me. (Em still does!)

Then - thanks to poor maintenance - the vehicles didn’t turn as easily and the lasers grew dim, while some pistols didn’t work at all!

What was once fun became frustrating and certainly not worth a long wait in line (most of which is outdoors.)

Today standby was posted at 5 minutes (another walk-on). And surprise, surprise - something was broken.

View attachment 746834
I know you’re behind the curtain, Buzz!!

View attachment 746835

View attachment 746839

Woody and I rode separately at my request.

I was pleased with my score….

View attachment 746836

….because I beat Woody!

View attachment 746838

My competitive spirit lives on.
I am so glad someone else noticed the non-working pistols too. And half the time my laser dot is off. I complain every time. DH just looks at me like I’m making it up since most of the time he wins🤦🏻‍♀️

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am so glad someone else noticed the non-working pistols too. And half the time my laser dot is off. I complain every time. DH just looks at me like I’m making it up since most of the time he wins🤦🏻‍♀️
Same! My husband always thinks I'm making excuses for being so bad on that ride 😁 But the laser dot is never easy to see or where it should be.
Season 3 Guitar GIF by The Simpsons

distracted lasers GIF by Kevin Carter

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Our fantastic MK day was about to come to an end. Eleven attractions (mostly walk-ons) accomplished. While on the Peoplemover we noticed that Space Mountain was just 10 minutes (mid-afternoon!) but we opted to save our backs and pass.

Early MNSSHP guests would be arriving shortly and we’d been spoiled with an empty park that was going to get busier. It was time to say goodbye. A couple last-minute purchases in the Emporium and Confectionery and we were on our way.

IMG_1334.jpeg

Not until 2024! :cry:

Woody remarked that we hadn’t ridden the monorail this trip. We took the Express to the TTC. Since we had no place to be, we transferred to the Epcot line to check out the construction that’s behind the walls from above.

No construction pics, but proof that we did it.

IMG_1336.jpeg

Yes, we were those annoying people who did not get off at the station.

It’s sad that Disney no longer puts the MNSSHP inflatables atop the tollbooth on party nights. Another magical “touch” gone.

IMG_1337.jpeg

Due to all the inclement weather this week we did not use water transport until this morning. We chose another boat ride back to the Lodge. We sat inside in case of rain.

IMG_1338.jpeg

It was duck weather!

IMG_1341.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
It is only early October. While I can believe as true this is the last WDW trip currently planned for 2023, I still have nearly 3 months to hope something changes 🤞 (or maybe you can just make up a couple of trips for our entertainment 😉)
FTFY.

I still don't believe it! There will be a quick weekend get away! I predict the second week in December.
Dollywood in December.
First weekend. 😉

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

Due to a rainy evening forecast (not my fault party-goers, we did not have MNSSHP tix! 🤣) we did not want to park-hop anywhere, even for a meal. It was our last opportunity for evening apps, and we thought we’d make do with lounge food if we liked the options. Several years ago the Old Faithful Club would post a daily menu with the offerings (which was helpful in deciding whether we would return for hors d’oeuvres), but not anymore.

We arrived just prior to the closure period (when lounge turns over from light snacks to apps and alcohol) and grabbed a Coke and some water. Woody communicated with someone who had messaged him while I checked dining availability in case we wanted a more substantial dinner later.

IMG_1343.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom