Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con’t

Woody and I lingered in Hollywood for a bit, me frequently checking the app to see if Rise had reopened.

But now with the unexpected afternoon sunshine, there was another draw for my attention.

Rise could remain closed for the rest of the day. Was I willing to sacrifice an opportunity for a little pool time on this hot day?

I wasn’t. :inlove:

IMG_6310.png

Woody and I spent an enjoyable 90 minutes in the water and made it back to our room just as a heavy downpour began.

Meanwhile Em had stopped by our house for cat duty and sent this.

IMG_1259.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, con’t

Earlier I had made us a dinner reservation at a Magic Kingdom restaurant. There was no MNSSHP tonight so we had the chance to visit the park in the evening without paying extra.

The rain finally let up around 5 pm. Our ADR was still a ways out, a fact I mentioned to Woody with a wry smile.

“I have a plan.”

Woody is savvy enough to know I didn’t want our RotR recovery pass to go unused. “You want to go ride Rise, don’t you?”

I grinned.

Ten minutes later we were on a bus bound for Hollywood. (Well technically the bus had to go to the Contemporary first since the route is shared.)

It was a quick walk through the Lightning Lane to the preshow with Rey. When the door to the outside opened this time, the CMs were hurrying us towards the transport ship. The experience was not without difficulty as we were captured by the First Order.

IMG_1251.jpeg

But we fought back and became Resistance!

IMG_1252.jpeg

After our successful mission we retraced our steps to the bus depot.

Magic Kingdom bound!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
IMG_1254.jpeg

As we crossed the bridge into Liberty Square I noticed a foul odor that smelled like sewage. Gee, they’re really keeping in theme, I thought to myself. You see, rumor has it that the unusual pavement pattern in Liberty Square is supposed to resemble raw sewage flowing through the street.

Once we reached the restaurant the stink was gone. I didn’t comment to Woody about it and he said nothing to me at the time.

Tonight we dined in the George and Martha Washington room.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

We were seated in a cozy booth with lots of table space for the feast to come.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

The turkey and pot roast were the stand-outs but everything else was very good as well.

Especially this bad boy.

IMG_1261.jpeg

I sensed that Woody was tired and not keen on park touring. There was one attraction I was hoping to do, so I asked if he felt up to riding BTMRR before leaving.

IMG_1262.jpeg

He did. ❤️

IMG_1263.jpeg

The closest route to Main Street was through Adventureland, but when we got there CMs were turning guests away, saying the land was closed. I wondered if there had been a medical emergency. Woody suggested perhaps a private event (Club 33 is in Adventureland.)

So we returned the way we came, back over the Liberty Square bridge where I caught another whiff of the stench but carried on.

Crowds were growing in the castle hub and on Main Street as Happily Ever After would begin in twenty minutes. As tempted as I was to stay, it was better for Woody to leave. I could watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Which is exactly what I did.

IMG_1041.jpeg

Confidential to @TrolleyFollower91 - A test: what part of the show is this?

Minnie1986

View attachment 745046

As we crossed the bridge into Liberty Square I noticed a foul odor that smelled like sewage. Gee, they’re really keeping in theme, I thought to myself. You see, rumor has it that the unusual pavement pattern in Liberty Square is supposed to resemble raw sewage flowing through the street.

Once we reached the restaurant the stink was gone. I didn’t comment to Woody about it and he said nothing to me at the time.

Tonight we dined in the George and Martha Washington room.

View attachment 745048

We were seated in a cozy booth with lots of table space for the feast to come.

View attachment 745047

The turkey and pot roast were the stand-outs but everything else was very good as well.

Especially this bad boy.

View attachment 745049

I sensed that Woody was tired and not keen on park touring. There was one attraction I was hoping to do, so I asked if he felt up to riding BTMRR before leaving.

View attachment 745050

He did. ❤️

View attachment 745051

The closest route to Main Street was through Adventureland, but when we got there CMs were turning guests away, saying the land was closed. I wondered if there had been a medical emergency. Woody suggested perhaps a private event (Club 33 is in Adventureland.)

So we returned the way we came, back over the Liberty Square bridge where I caught another whiff of the stench but carried on.

Crowds were growing in the castle hub and on Main Street as Happily Ever After would begin in twenty minutes. As tempted as I was to stay, it was better for Woody to leave. I could watch the fireworks from our balcony.

Which is exactly what I did.

View attachment 745053
Confidential to @TrolleyFollower91 - A test: what part of the show is this?
TIL that there’s a club 33 in Florida as well

lindawdw

Good move on taking advantage of your afternoon pool time! What a good guy Woody is going back over to DHS to use your LL for ROTR! I wonder what was going on that was important enough to close off the entrance to Adventureland! That sewerage smell is so pungent, and I've smelled it around the parks on previous trips.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, September 1

I’ve told many of you that Woody and I don’t visit WDW in September because of previous poor experiences with weather, biting black flies and swarming love bugs. Even the enticement of very low crowds (with kids back in school) does not sway us Woody.

So it was with trepidation that I’d told him this vacation included two days in September. (For some reason our usual late August week was not included in a discount promotion.) He was okay with it, figuring those two early days wouldn’t make a difference in our enjoyment.

Oh how wrong he was!

Woody and I had the BEST day in the Magic Kingdom since we don’t know when!!!

And that even included my major “whoopsie.”

Another MNSSHP was scheduled that night, meaning though the park closed at 6pm, it opened an hour earlier at 8am - with early entry at 7:30. I knew this beforehand. I had it in my notes.

And then I completely forgot about the time change. We had lollygagged this morning, arriving at the boat dock at 8:30 am. We watched the young boy catch two fish as we waited. He was so excited!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

This was our first boat ride of the week. The weather was finally nice enough to not worry about getting caught in a storm while onboard.

IMG_1269.jpeg

The excitement of passing through the train tunnel never gets old!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Looks like the horse-drawn trolley was preparing for its first jaunt down Main Street in several days.

IMG_1271.jpeg

It was here that I remembered the change in opening.

“Rats!” I said aloud.

“There’s nothing we have to do,” Woody reminded me. “Let’s just go with the flow.”

joshsprincess921

Friday, September 1

I’ve told many of you that Woody and I don’t visit WDW in September because of previous poor experiences with weather, biting black flies and swarming love bugs. Even the enticement of very low crowds (with kids back in school) does not sway us Woody.

So it was with trepidation that I’d told him this vacation included two days in September. (For some reason our usual late August week was not included in a discount promotion.) He was okay with it, figuring those two early days wouldn’t make a difference in our enjoyment.

Oh how wrong he was!

Woody and I had the BEST day in the Magic Kingdom since we don’t know when!!!

And that even included my major “whoopsie.”

Another MNSSHP was scheduled that night, meaning though the park closed at 6pm, it opened an hour earlier at 8am - with early entry at 7:30. I knew this beforehand. I had it in my notes.

And then I completely forgot about the time change. We had lollygagged this morning, arriving at the boat dock at 8:30 am. We watched the young boy catch two fish as we waited. He was so excited!

View attachment 745482

This was our first boat ride of the week. The weather was finally nice enough to not worry about getting caught in a storm while onboard.

View attachment 745483

The excitement of passing through the train tunnel never gets old!

View attachment 745484

Looks like the horse-drawn trolley was preparing for its first jaunt down Main Street in several days.

View attachment 745485

It was here that I remembered the change in opening.

“Rats!” I said aloud.

“There’s nothing we have to do,” Woody reminded me. “Let’s just go with the flow.”
So we were both in MK together on the same day and both having the best day ever and still didn't see each other?!?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom