Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

93boomer

Premium Member
Thursday, August 31

Woody had bemoaned the lack of Mickey waffles in both the WL and Poly club lounges on our anniversary trip.

I promised him Mickey waffles on our next vacation.

This morning I kept that promise by making a special trip to Roaring Fork.

View attachment 743969

He was a happy camper!

We were going to Hollywood. I was able to switch our park passes from Monday (unplanned pool day) to today. We weren’t in a rush to make early entry, yet managed to make it through the gate with 15 minutes of early entry time left.

View attachment 743970

An older CM saw Woody taking my picture and yelled, “Give me your phone! You need to be in the picture with her. I’ll take a bunch and you’ll tell me if they’re good.”

They were all good.

View attachment 743971

View attachment 743972

He told us to enjoy ourselves and we thanked him for his kindness.

Now - where to first?
Loving that shirt Woody!! Sorry for the overloaded box! I’ve been busy. 🤪

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

We hadn’t visited Adventureland yet this trip so that was our starting point this morning - to rope drop Jungle Cruise.

But rope drop was over an hour ago. I could only imagine the long standby wait, since Jungle Cruise is a popular Lightning Lane choice.

What a shock to encounter an empty queue and only two couples ahead of us! When the next boat docked, we immediately boarded.

IMG_1272.jpeg

The boat was only half full when it departed.

IMG_1276.jpeg

We had a funny skipper, though I was surprised she did not make a joke about the “missing” MIL elephant.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Perhaps she forgot. :hilarious:

“A bunch of monkey business.”

IMG_1275.jpeg

“Maybe he’ll get the point in the end. But what do rhino?”

IMG_6372.jpeg

Little Red enjoying his new habitat. No poachers here!

IMG_1277.jpeg

As we disembarked our skipper concluded with, “Enjoy the rest of your day here at the Magic Kingdom. Or what I like to call - WORK.”

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
FullSizeRender.jpeg

Yo Ho Yo Ho
We did not get the photo

But we were in and out in under ten minutes.

My TRs used to include TRON construction pics. Now it’s changed to Tiana construction pics. Sure hope this attraction opens more quickly than TRON did, considering it’s a modification and not a new build.

IMG_1280.jpeg

The wildest ride in the wilderness was also a walk-on.

IMG_1281.jpeg

Kudos to the couple behind us for the photobomb!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
As we headed back into Frontierland there it was.

The stench.

This time I asked Woody, “Can you smell that?”

“Yeah.”

He admitted to also smelling the odor last night, but like me had kept his observation to himself.

We opted to walk near the water hoping for fresh(er) air. It worked.

IMG_1283.jpeg

This sign lied. We walked right into the foyer and then into the stretching room.

IMG_1284.jpeg

No evac today. Pretty sure I nailed the pic, despite the flash reflection in my glasses.

IMG_1291.jpeg

For the rest of the day we opted to avoid the Frontierland/Liberty Square area due to the unpleasant aroma.

Two days later, while traveling home, I saw this.

We weren’t crazy after all.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Whilst we were in MK they closed Frontierland & Adventure land for half a day as the little bear had got in there. They never told us though. It was so crowded everywhere.
I saw that! If you want a funny read, see here:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

In spite of our Peter Pan debacle on Wednesday, Woody requested another flight through Neverland.

He does enjoy the nostalgia of this attraction but that was not the reason for his request.

The humidity had made him sweaty and he needed some extended time in a/c. A half hour in the queue would be just what he needed.

If you look closely, these are not identical pictures.

IMG_1287.jpeg

IMG_1290.jpeg

The line moved more quickly today and we were in a/c only about 20 minutes. No complaints though!

I’m not sure what email was important enough to warrant using a laptop while in an attraction queue….

IMG_1293.jpeg

It sure gives new meaning to a “working vacation”!

We went Under the Sea next. I can’t remember why, but I do remember we never stopped walking in that forever queue (@Back!Elbow!Shoulders! 😉) and immediately boarded a clamshell. We had a practically private ride, as you can see from my professional-quality photo.

IMG_1296.jpeg

Much better.

IMG_1295.jpeg

I waved to Ariel and Eric with Woody. :happy:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Riding the MPB today was a priority. We’ve had terrible luck this summer trying to ride and this would be our last opportunity for 2023.

I did a double-take when I saw the sign.

IMG_1297.jpeg

Departure every 25 minutes?!! What happened to the 7 minutes it usually is?

We soon found out. Instead of three locomotives on the rail, there was only one. The CM gave some bogus reason why that I can’t recall now.

So we were prepared to wait. Fortunately luck was on our side and the Roy O. Disney arrived about five minutes later.

IMG_1298.jpeg

At last!!

IMG_1299.jpeg

We did the full loop and then some. And we loved every moment.

The former TRON…Coming Soon sign has been replaced with this clever one.

IMG_1303.jpeg

Too bad there isn’t a clever way to hide the TRON warehouse.

IMG_1304.jpeg

I do enjoy the tunnel though.

IMG_1306.jpeg

IMG_1312.jpeg

MK entrance was very quiet for 11 am!

IMG_1300.jpeg

One of the reasons I’ve lost my first love.

IMG_1313.jpeg

Still keeping my name (for now.)

Another TBA pic. Hope the trees remain.

IMG_1302.jpeg

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Lunch was my new favorite salad at Cosmic Rays - Chopped Vegetable and Crispy Noodle Salad with Chicken.

IMG_1314.jpeg

Woody was again intrigued by the salad but not enough to order it. I think the grilled pineapple gives him pause (although it is easy to pick around it.) I believe he had a cheeseburger and fries.

We lingered in the restaurant awhile because the a/c felt wonderful. Usually we’re in and out of Cosmic Ray’s quickly as it is too loud and chaotic. There aren’t any quiet nooks in which to dine unlike at other QS locations. But with today’s low attendance, remaining at our table was quite pleasant.

We perused Star Traders before ramping up to the Peoplemover….no line here either.

IMG_1319.jpeg

Undoubtably we could have gotten a BG for TRON.

IMG_1317.jpeg

But allow me to remind you of this, which explains why I didn’t even try. 😉

IMG_1197.jpeg

Captain Barbossa

I’m not sure what email was important enough to warrant using a laptop while in an attraction queue….

IMG_1293.jpeg
I’ll one up her and break out my desktop the next time I’m in line for Dumbo. Two can play at this game 😎

Fortunately luck was on our side and the Roy O. Disney arrived about five minutes later.

IMG_1298.jpeg
I see you did some homework before I had a chance to respond, good job! (Roy is my favorite of the 4 locomotives!)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Friday, con’t

IMG_1320.jpeg

When Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin opened in 1998 (y’all that’s 25 years ago! :jawdrop:) I was all over it - mastering a turn (not spinning:depressed:) to line up a target; learning which targets had high point values; and squeezing the trigger so hard and fast that my thumb would have tremors for the next hour.

My competitive self LOVED IT. Although it would be years before I would earn the perfect 999,999 (without the ride stopping like it often does now), I always beat my family members. My kids hated to ride with me. (Em still does!)

Then - thanks to poor maintenance - the vehicles didn’t turn as easily and the lasers grew dim, while some pistols didn’t work at all!

What was once fun became frustrating and certainly not worth a long wait in line (most of which is outdoors.)

Today standby was posted at 5 minutes (another walk-on). And surprise, surprise - something was broken.

IMG_1321.jpeg

I know you’re behind the curtain, Buzz!!

IMG_1324.jpeg

IMG_1325.jpeg

Woody and I rode separately at my request.

I was pleased with my score….

IMG_1327.jpeg

….because I beat Woody!

IMG_1329.jpeg

My competitive spirit lives on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom