Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Love that TRON ride photo, and your caption for it!!

Since you were at Wilderness Lodge and they have DVC there, I wonder if you could have popped over to the DVC laundry room and put your hoodie in one of their coin-operated dryers. I've stayed in WL DVC, but never did laundry there, so I don't know how accessible the laundry room is to non-members.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Love that TRON ride photo, and your caption for it!!

Since you were at Wilderness Lodge and they have DVC there, I wonder if you could have popped over to the DVC laundry room and put your hoodie in one of their coin-operated dryers. I've stayed in WL DVC, but never did laundry there, so I don't know how accessible the laundry room is to non-members.
The laundry room is locked and only accessible to those staying in DVC rooms. But I have utilized it when staying on the DVC side!

93boomer

Premium Member
OUhh
Y’all know that Woody loves the MPB. And when we saw it sitting in the Fantasyland station we made a beeline for the entrance. There was no one in the queue as all the guests had boarded. No one had followed in behind us.

Yet the conductor would not allow us to board. “The next train will be here in 7 minutes,” he said to us.

So we stood there longingly gazing at the train we couldn’t board, as it continued to remain in the station for a couple more minutes before it finally pulled away.

Once the train left, a crew arrived to inspect the water tower.

View attachment 743694

“This can’t be good,” Woody said as we watched four men try to lower the pipe which provides water for the engine.

More than 7 minutes passed and no new train.

Then a slight rumble of thunder sealed our fate. “They’re gonna shut down the train,” I said to Woody. “We might as well leave.”

We were exiting just as the conductor announced the attraction was closed due to lightning (which wasn’t visible anywhere. 😉)

But as Fraulein Maria said in The Sound of Music, “When God closes a door, he opens a window.”

My phone buzzed. Our TRON boarding group had been called!

Funny story - Woody didn’t know we had a BG. I hadn’t mentioned it mostly because I didn’t think we’d get to use it. We’d ridden in the rain once and Woody didn’t like getting pelted by raindrops (it wasn’t raining when we had entered the attraction.) Now, with the train closed due to “lightning”, I wasn’t sure TRON would be operating either.

“We could try riding TRON,” I said to Woody, fessing up that we had BG. “It’s not raining now.”

Turns out it’s safe to ride TRON when there is invisible lightning.

View attachment 743695
(This picture perfectly sums up our feelings about TRON. 🤣)

We did not get pelted by raindrops during our ride. However we had just left the protection of the attraction’s canopy when a torrential downpour began. Our umbrellas didn’t help much as it was raining sideways. We rushed into the TRON/Space Mountain gift store, where we hung out for a LONG time, watching others navigate the storm.

View attachment 743696

Eventually we’d had enough. Radar indicated this squall would be staying put for awhile. It was time to head back to Wilderness Lodge.

We sloshed through ankle-deep puddles (yay for Crocs!) as we briskly walked through Tomorrowland. It didn’t take long for the rest of our bodies to get wet. We stopped momentarily at the Tomorrowland Terrace to discuss how we’d venture down Main Street via the shops.

This was the first time we’d ever seen the cheery yellow umbrellas zip-tied!

View attachment 743697

I can’t describe how soggy and 🥶 we were on the air conditioned bus. Gallant Woody allowed me to have the first hot shower. I had to blow-dry my zip hoodie, as it was the only one I’d brought and I was still shivering from the ordeal.
Oh those cold busses when you're wet!!! I feel for you! Brrr

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

We didn’t have any evening plans. MK had extra magic hours from 10pm til midnight and although that was a priority for us pre-hurricane, not so much post-hurricane.

We meandered to the club lounge for evening apps and wine.

IMG_1202.jpeg

I was happy to see both bison lettuce wraps and smoked turkey salad as offerings, as they were favorites from our anniversary trip.

IMG_1200.jpeg

Did I eat my weight in smoked turkey salad? Not quite, but I could have. I had been dreaming about STS since my last visit and it was just as delicious as I remembered. Woody could tell by the look on my face that we would not be going anywhere for dinner tonight, so he made sure to get his fill of apps.

We’d watched the sun begin to break through the day-long cloud cover as we ate and Woody suggested going for a walk.

IMG_1209.jpeg

IMG_1210.jpeg

IMG_1211.jpeg

He’d never walked the pathway to the Copper Creek Cabins so we did.

IMG_1212.jpeg

He was impressed and concurs with @TrolleyFollower91 that it would be very fun to stay in a cabin.

joshsprincess921

We returned to our room in time to catch the magnificent sunset. @joshsprincess921 posted her stunning sunset pic from Disney Springs in her TR. I completely agree with her - what a change from the morning!!

View attachment 743857

View attachment 743858

View attachment 743859

An hour later we were watching this….

View attachment 743860

All things considered, Woody and I had a pretty incredible “Hurricane Day.”

What an absolutely beautiful evening it was especially after such a soggy wet day!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, August 31

Woody had bemoaned the lack of Mickey waffles in both the WL and Poly club lounges on our anniversary trip.

I promised him Mickey waffles on our next vacation.

This morning I kept that promise by making a special trip to Roaring Fork.

IMG_1221.jpeg

He was a happy camper!

We were going to Hollywood. I was able to switch our park passes from Monday (unplanned pool day) to today. We weren’t in a rush to make early entry, yet managed to make it through the gate with 15 minutes of early entry time left.

IMG_1223.jpeg

An older CM saw Woody taking my picture and yelled, “Give me your phone! You need to be in the picture with her. I’ll take a bunch and you’ll tell me if they’re good.”

They were all good.

IMG_1224.jpeg

IMG_1226.jpeg

He told us to enjoy ourselves and we thanked him for his kindness.

Now - where to first?

sheriffwoody

Thursday, August 31

Woody had bemoaned the lack of Mickey waffles in both the WL and Poly club lounges on our anniversary trip.

I promised him Mickey waffles on our next vacation.

This morning I kept that promise by making a special trip to Roaring Fork.

View attachment 743969

He was a happy camper!

We were going to Hollywood. I was able to switch our park passes from Monday (unplanned pool day) to today. We weren’t in a rush to make early entry, yet managed to make it through the gate with 15 minutes of early entry time left.

View attachment 743970

An older CM saw Woody taking my picture and yelled, “Give me your phone! You need to be in the picture with her. I’ll take a bunch and you’ll tell me if they’re good.”

They were all good.

View attachment 743971

View attachment 743972

He told us to enjoy ourselves and we thanked him for his kindness.

Now - where to first?
Me and Woody and R can be shirt twins if we ever get to meet him 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom