Trip Report The Story Comes ALIVE! *COMPLETED*

Hello again, my friends.

For nearly a decade it has been such a joy for me to write about 50 (yes, 50!) different trips that I have taken to WDW - including one that was virtual. ;)

The reason? You, the reader.

I don’t do trip reports for my own documentation. I have journals for that. I write because I love interacting with y’all. Your encouragement, humor, curiosity and even snark (*ahem* @amjt660) assure me that I am not alone in my crazy affection for Disney parks. A big thanks to each of you!

I am very fortunate to be a frequent visitor to WDW (despite what @Mr Ferret 88 believes, I do not live there!) and am entering a season of monthly visits. Trip reporting is time consuming (as those of you who’ve written can attest) but I’m not ready to completely give it up - yet.

What I’d like to do is keep this as an ongoing TR for the rest of 2023. It will be highlights and moments, with live posting as the goal. My story coming alive, so to speak.

First up is spring break with my favorite girl.

AA48F088-9593-431D-9863-5A1CC9431BEF.jpeg

Followed closely by a getaway with my favorite guy.

22534EF9-828F-43F6-A922-359B962CEC72.jpeg

There will be Magician meets. New experiences. And (as always) the unexpected.

I hope you’ll join the fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, August 30

Hello, Idalia!

IMG_1148.jpeg

IMG_1149.jpeg

IMG_1150.jpeg

If you cannot tell by the pictures it was raining. HARD. I took these a little after the 7am sunrise. It was raining just as hard during the hour+ I’d been awake, but it was too dark for pictures.

Being as though we were on the top floor the noise of the pounding droplets (and wind gusts) was loud.

The parks were open regular hours today but Woody and I were in no hurry to venture out into the storm. In my mind I was prepared to spend the entire day inside the Lodge if conditions warranted. (I also had to reassure various family members and friends that we would stay safe.)

Since I was in “lounging mode” (aka pjs) Woody offered to bring breakfast back to our room. I had a small serving of oatmeal before taste-tasting the cronut from yesterday.

Outside looks like a cinnamon sugar donut.
IMG_1151.jpeg

Inside looks like a flaky croissant.
FullSizeRender.jpeg

At first touch the cronut felt day-old stale (which it was.) I tore off a few pieces….very sweet and chewy. I’m certain the cronut would have been much better warmed, but we did not have access to a microwave. (I’m also not sure the cronut is served warm, as when I was handed it yesterday there was no warmth to the paper wrapping whatsoever.)

Woody tried a piece and proclaimed, “I’d rather eat a regular donut.”

Yep, the cronut was a one-and-done for me. Just like the s’mores cookie.

Both my “must-trys” were a bust.

93boomer

Premium Member
Wednesday, August 30

Hello, Idalia!

View attachment 743024

View attachment 743025

View attachment 743026

If you cannot tell by the pictures it was raining. HARD. I took these a little after the 7am sunrise. It was raining just as hard during the hour+ I’d been awake, but it was too dark for pictures.

Being as though we were on the top floor the noise of the pounding droplets (and wind gusts) was loud.

The parks were open regular hours today but Woody and I were in no hurry to venture out into the storm. In my mind I was prepared to spend the entire day inside the Lodge if conditions warranted. (I also had to reassure various family members and friends that we would stay safe.)

Since I was in “lounging mode” (aka pjs) Woody offered to bring breakfast back to our room. I had a small serving of oatmeal before taste-tasting the cronut from yesterday.

Outside looks like a cinnamon sugar donut.
View attachment 743029

Inside looks like a flaky croissant.
View attachment 743030

At first touch the cronut felt day-old stale (which it was.) I tore off a few pieces….very sweet and chewy. I’m certain the cronut would have been much better warmed, but we did not have access to a microwave. (I’m also not sure the cronut is served warm, as when I was handed it yesterday there was no warmth to the paper wrapping whatsoever.)

Woody tried a piece and proclaimed, “I’d rather eat a regular donut.”

Yep, the cronut was a one-and-done for me. Just like the s’mores cookie.

Both my “must-trys” were a bust.
That’s “duck” weather!! 🐥☔

93boomer

Premium Member

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

Just for fun I did this.

IMG_1161.png

It seemed safe to leave our room. No risk of tornadoes or concerning wind gusts. Just rain.

And we’ve had plenty of experience navigating the parks in the rain.

Woody was game to go out for a while. “If it gets bad, we’ll come back,” he said matter-of-factly.

We weren’t the only ones wanting to avoid cabin fever.

IMG_1163.jpeg

We exited the bus, went through security and entered the park in a light but steady drizzle. So few people on Main Street was reminiscent of my visit in summer 2020.

1694886011128.png

IMG_1167.jpeg

Well I had just finished snapping the picture of Woody when the skies opened up and we ran for cover!

IMG_1168.jpeg

IMG_1169.jpeg

And that’s how our time at MK went - heavy rain, light rain and brief periods of no rain. Lather, rinse, repeat.

(Although I think only @joshsprincess921 ’s husband had to deal with lather….😉🤣)

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wednesday, con’t

We waited under the portico until the deluge became light rain.

Since we didn’t make rope drop, this is not Arty (or Cordy) Pooh. But it was attraction #1. A walk-on. (Walky Pooh? :hilarious:)

IMG_1170.jpeg

After our visit through the Hundred Acre Wood we went to Neverland.

The wait was posted at 25 minutes and I like the queue, so it seemed a reasonable choice even though all other Fantasyland attractions were showing 5 minute waits.

Had I known the CMs were “stacking” the line (intentionally keeping guests in certain parts of the queue for long periods to make the line appear longer than it is) and using a high LL to standby guest ratio, I never would have entered the queue.

Our wait was 45….not 25….minutes!

Woody reminded me that at least we were dry and out of the rain.

IMG_1172.jpeg

Funny story - we were trapped in the nursery for a half hour, a lot of the time standing still. A man near us (who had been waiting as long as we had) turned and asked, “This is the line for Peter Pan?”

“Yes, this is the Peter Pan ride,” someone answered.

“The ride?!!” the man responded incredulously. “This isn’t the line to meet Peter Pan?”

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one with an eye roll.

But it gets better. Instead of waiting an additional 5-7 minutes to ride the attraction (he was thisclose to the load zone) the dude grabbed his son by the hand and proceeded to walk back through the entire queue, inconveniencing all the guests that were behind him.

93boomer

Premium Member
Wednesday, con’t

We waited under the portico until the deluge became light rain.

Since we didn’t make rope drop, this is not Arty (or Cordy) Pooh. But it was attraction #1. A walk-on. (Walky Pooh? :hilarious:)

View attachment 743400

After our visit through the Hundred Acre Wood we went to Neverland.

The wait was posted at 25 minutes and I like the queue, so it seemed a reasonable choice even though all other Fantasyland attractions were showing 5 minute waits.

Had I known the CMs were “stacking” the line (intentionally keeping guests in certain parts of the queue for long periods to make the line appear longer than it is) and using a high LL to standby guest ratio, I never would have entered the queue.

Our wait was 45….not 25….minutes!

Woody reminded me that at least we were dry and out of the rain.

View attachment 743401

Funny story - we were trapped in the nursery for a half hour, a lot of the time standing still. A man near us (who had been waiting as long as we had) turned and asked, “This is the line for Peter Pan?”

“Yes, this is the Peter Pan ride,” someone answered.

“The ride?!!” the man responded incredulously. “This isn’t the line to meet Peter Pan?”

I’m sure I wasn’t the only one with an eye roll.

But it gets better. Instead of waiting an additional 5-7 minutes to ride the attraction (he was thisclose to the load zone) the dude grabbed his son by the hand and proceeded to walk back through the entire queue, inconveniencing all the guests that were behind him.
Old Men Laughing GIF by ABC Network
Walky Pooh!!🤣

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
There was a rumbly in my tumbly. It was an hour past our usual lunchtime. More rides would have to wait.

Columbia Harbor House was empty. We had no trouble snagging our favorite table.

IMG_1178.jpeg

Not many people to watch today!

IMG_1176.jpeg

Attraction #4 was also a walk on.

IMG_1181.jpeg

Pinocchio’s Village Haus was empty too! Usually there are guests at those window tables waving to guests on IASW.

IMG_1182.jpeg

A couple of can-can dancers were MIA.

IMG_1183.jpeg

The Tuva Twins father’s favorite doll.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

There was quite the backup in the finale room.

IMG_1186.jpeg

lindawdw

I can't get over the guy who bolted right before the ride after waiting all that time! :oops: We don't always eat lunch anymore in the parks since we have a later breakfast at Starbucks most days, but CHH is always our go to at MK and your table is our favorite spot too! Glad the crowds remained low for you! Great job on nailing the HM picture!

joshsprincess921

Wednesday, con’t

Just for fun I did this.

View attachment 743199

It seemed safe to leave our room. No risk of tornadoes or concerning wind gusts. Just rain.

And we’ve had plenty of experience navigating the parks in the rain.

Woody was game to go out for a while. “If it gets bad, we’ll come back,” he said matter-of-factly.

We weren’t the only ones wanting to avoid cabin fever.

View attachment 743200

We exited the bus, went through security and entered the park in a light but steady drizzle. So few people on Main Street was reminiscent of my visit in summer 2020.

View attachment 743206

View attachment 743201

Well I had just finished snapping the picture of Woody when the skies opened up and we ran for cover!

View attachment 743205

View attachment 743202

And that’s how our time at MK went - heavy rain, light rain and brief periods of no rain. Lather, rinse, repeat.

(Although I think only @joshsprincess921 ’s husband had to deal with lather….😉🤣)

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Y’all know that Woody loves the MPB. And when we saw it sitting in the Fantasyland station we made a beeline for the entrance. There was no one in the queue as all the guests had boarded. No one had followed in behind us.

Yet the conductor would not allow us to board. “The next train will be here in 7 minutes,” he said to us.

So we stood there longingly gazing at the train we couldn’t board, as it continued to remain in the station for a couple more minutes before it finally pulled away.

Once the train left, a crew arrived to inspect the water tower.

IMG_1196.jpeg

“This can’t be good,” Woody said as we watched four men try to lower the pipe which provides water for the engine.

More than 7 minutes passed and no new train.

Then a slight rumble of thunder sealed our fate. “They’re gonna shut down the train,” I said to Woody. “We might as well leave.”

We were exiting just as the conductor announced the attraction was closed due to lightning (which wasn’t visible anywhere. 😉)

But as Fraulein Maria said in The Sound of Music, “When God closes a door, he opens a window.”

My phone buzzed. Our TRON boarding group had been called!

Funny story - Woody didn’t know we had a BG. I hadn’t mentioned it mostly because I didn’t think we’d get to use it. We’d ridden in the rain once and Woody didn’t like getting pelted by raindrops (it wasn’t raining when we had entered the attraction.) Now, with the train closed due to “lightning”, I wasn’t sure TRON would be operating either.

“We could try riding TRON,” I said to Woody, fessing up that we had BG. “It’s not raining now.”

Turns out it’s safe to ride TRON when there is invisible lightning.

IMG_1197.jpeg

(This picture perfectly sums up our feelings about TRON. 🤣)

We did not get pelted by raindrops during our ride. However we had just left the protection of the attraction’s canopy when a torrential downpour began. Our umbrellas didn’t help much as it was raining sideways. We rushed into the TRON/Space Mountain gift store, where we hung out for a LONG time, watching others navigate the storm.

IMG_1198.jpeg

Eventually we’d had enough. Radar indicated this squall would be staying put for awhile. It was time to head back to Wilderness Lodge.

We sloshed through ankle-deep puddles (yay for Crocs!) as we briskly walked through Tomorrowland. It didn’t take long for the rest of our bodies to get wet. We stopped momentarily at the Tomorrowland Terrace to discuss how we’d venture down Main Street via the shops.

This was the first time we’d ever seen the cheery yellow umbrellas zip-tied!

IMG_1199.jpeg

I can’t describe how soggy and 🥶 we were on the air conditioned bus. Gallant Woody allowed me to have the first hot shower. I had to blow-dry my zip hoodie, as it was the only one I’d brought and I was still shivering from the ordeal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom