The Status of Muppet*Vision 3D

Fear

I think they need to bring back the old style Muppet Show on the Disney Channel or ABC Family (or whatever it's called now) and have a special guest at times - so much comedy potential for both adults and kids.

Muppets Tonight would like a word with you.

But I agree about updating the effects. At the very least, improve the Waldo animation. This day and age it's really rough to stomach how rough that is.

CaptainAmerica

there is a TON of untapped potential in the Muppets and the characters... Disney has just never figured it out the right way

I think they need to bring back the old style Muppet Show on the Disney Channel or ABC Family (or whatever it's called now) and have a special guest at times - so much comedy potential for both adults and kids.

also, its time to update the Muppet 3D show... new film/effects/etc.

pizzarizzo needs an AA or even screen technology of the Swedish chef to look like he's preparing meals which could be hilarious
D+ will have a Muppet show I believe.

Bender123

there is a TON of untapped potential in the Muppets and the characters... Disney has just never figured it out the right way

also, its time to update the Muppet 3D show... new film/effects/etc.

pizzarizzo needs an AA or even screen technology of the Swedish chef to look like he's preparing meals which could be hilarious

The funny thing is that the updated version of a variety show is a chat show...and that version failed. I think the problem with the most recent version was that it focused too much on the "personal" lives of the Muppets and not enough on the show. The second half of the season/series was much better, but, by then, it was too late to recover.

I always wonder where people get the "Muppets were for kids" thing...They were family friendly, but they were pretty adult for the time. They were on the risqué side of puppet based entertainment.

999th Happy Haunt

But I agree about updating the effects. At the very least, improve the Waldo animation. This day and age it's really rough to stomach how rough that is.
Muppet Vision Remastered would be awesome. Keep the same storyline, clear up the audio, reshoot some scenes, and update effects.

Although I can see why it wouldn’t happen since it is Jim Henson’s last project, keeping it in it’s original state makes sense.

jt04

Simply turn the courtyard into a new planet (not Batuu) in a galaxy far far away. Place a Jedi Academy there and a Launch Bay there. The script writes itself.

Only negative is losing Mama Melrose. Perhaps it could keep the menu and be rethemed or it could be relocated.

PS- Muppets can be used as the have been in Liberty Square, Future World etc. No need to confine them to several hundred square feet. IMO.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Simply turn the courtyard into a new planet (not Batuu) in a galaxy far far away. Place a Jedi Academy there and a Launch Bay there. The script writes itself.

Only negative is losing Mama Melrose. Perhaps it could keep the menu and be rethemed or it could be relocated.

PS- Muppets can be used as the have been in Liberty Square, Future World etc. No need to confine them to several hundred square feet. IMO.

A Muppets Lab taking over Imagination... Bunsen and Beaker create a "Figment." I'd be down for this. What if they made Dreamfinder into a muppet? Ah lit.

yensidtlaw1969

Immersion is from inside the park and/or area...From the front of MK, you can clearly see Space Mountain and a 1900s train station...not exactly theme consistent. You cant 100% cover every sightline from outside the borders of the park.
That's a little bit different, because that's just sort of how The Magic Kingdom works thematically. It's a Kingdom, and a Magic one, where you can ride a rocket through outer space and take a ride on a turn-of-the-century locomotive in one day. Space Mountain and the Train Station can also be seen from the hub, but no one cries thematic inconsistency because part of the magic of the kingdom is that it grants you access to those disparate things once you enter its gates. Thematic inconsistency using these examples would be more like building them right next to each other within the same land. This is the same reason no one complains about seeing a European, Fairytale Castle from Main Street - this isn't thematic intrusion, this is the idea.

Animal Kingdom operates differently in a thematic sense than the Magic Kingdom, and Avatar goes to some lengths to try to play by different rules than anything at the Magic Kingdom. In an ideal world, you would not be able to see anything in Pandora from anywhere outside Pandora. This is just one of those places where either you compromise by building smaller mountains or just accepting that making them as impressive as you want means they're a little more visible than is desired. None of which excuses how visible the unthemed backside of the land is from the bus area . . . but that's a whole 'nother conversation.

Magenta Panther

As much as I love this show, I sadly agree that it's either time for it to get a big update, or removed for more Star Wars.

It should be removed, but not for more Star Wars IMO. Enough already! I still think that if TDO MUST put dopey Guardians of the Galaxy anywhere in WDW, the courtyard would have been the place for it. Better there than Epcot. As it is, I wouldn't mind a Disney Afternoon 3D show there featuring the Gummi Bears, Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, and especially Darkwing Duck. "Let's get dangerous!" That could be amazing!

yensidtlaw1969

As much as I love this show, I sadly agree that it's either time for it to get a big update, or removed for more Star Wars.
Luckily, the way Star Wars Land is built, they 1) Have expansion pads built in that aren't on the Muppets plot, and 2) Would need to do some serious reconstruction of the Rise of the Resistance queue and rockwork to make that area accessible from Galaxy's Edge. Doesn't mean they couldn't redo Muppets into something else, but they seem to have "painted themselves into a corner" where it doesn't get absorbed easily into Star Wars Land.

Unrelated note, is there any chance that Muppet Mobile Labs makes its way over to Grand Avenue to keep people entertained as they queue to enter Galaxy's Edge? To me, bringing that over along with some sort of "Great Moments in History"-type show in the nearby windows would be total no-brainers for keeping guests entertained in what is sure to be an interminable line, but that doesn't seem to mean much.

Has Muppet Mobile Labs been seen out and about at all lately? Last I knew it was appearing in Future World around this time last year. Has it been spotted since?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom